jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

What I would tell Jay Kay!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ophone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:56    Reply with quote

What I would tell Jay Kay!
Since so many of you had the chance to have a chat with our "Indian chief", I was wondering what I would tell him, if I had a short chat with him.

I would say:
"Hello Mister Kay! I have to tell you something: You are the guy who wrote the best music I ever heard in my life. Can I buy you a beer?"

Yes, yes, some of you would say now: "Hey ophone, why didn't you step up to him, and tell him what you have on your heart because he was only 5 metres away from you?
Well, he had such a crowd around him, I didn't want to push away my fellow Jamily brothers and sisters! So I got some pix with me and most of the bandmembers. Wink

russky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16    Reply with quote

good choice Ophone Wink

you show good manners Smile

NiMira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40    Reply with quote

If I was ever to meet THE man behind music and lyrics I would say:
Hello you pompous prick, like your music so much, would you be so kind to sing this? Cool

Since he showed, in more than one occasion, he can deal with rough humour I guess he wouldn't mind.

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:59    Reply with quote

Well, I had the pleasure a few times... and you cannot plan these moments, at least I couldn't. It comes spontaneously!
I have told those stories already somewhere in the past in old topics, but still..

First time was 2001 after the gig in Brixton, London. I asked him: "Do you remember my bubbles?" .. which he totally misunderstood... he was laughing so much, telling: "I am concerned about you!" ... hahaha, I meant nothing but my soap bubbles I had been making at the previous concerts 2 weeks ago in germany... and he did catch some one stage. That's why I was asking this question... 2banghead

Then at gig in the sky I had a little bit more time to talk to him, although you cannot see this in the broadcasting. After saying "hello, how are you" and the usual welcoming phrases I send him greetings and good wishes for the new album from all the international fans from Jamirotalk.net. I cannot remember the exact words. But I mentioned the Jamily and Jamirotalk and invited him to come to say "hello" at the forums.

And this weekend in Ahaus when he came out of his room I was very surprised that he came to me, shook my hand and said to me (before I could say anything): "Hey Meike, I remember you... how are you?" Shocked I asked him if he was aware that we were so many Jamirotalkers from 12, 13 countries in the front row." He said: "Yes, I do know! And I am so proud of you guys... coming from so far to see the show... " Then he had the idea of showing us a new song! Very Happy

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:11    Reply with quote

I really think that he sometimes comes to jamirotalk.net and reads some postings as a guest so that nobody knows that he was here!! And maybe that's why he knows you so well Rolling Eyes
Or Mr. D briefed him with your name Wink
Or you impressed him so much the meetings before that he will never forget you biglove Don't forget: you are the one to bring the Jamily together!!!

4butterfly

russky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:13    Reply with quote

your like old friends now Meike Wink

i met him at the Motorsport day when he was sitting with John having a cigarette and i approached him with Jonas (space clav) and said 'Hey - do you have a Fag?', then 'oh what adidas are you wearing?' regret

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15    Reply with quote

Meike, ur bubbles are unforgettable!
They contribute to create the scenario for every JMQ gig offwall

About this topic, it reminds me a nice episode happened after the gig at La Scala; i had the chance to go and enter the party with alessia and verena; once there, we were waiting with derrick and some friends into this room for speakin to Jay and congratulate us for the extraordinary performance he made.
He was surrounded by loads of girls and ppl who were asking him for autographs etc when he noticed our presence and he said: " Francesca!"
LOL
Who? me??? Laughing
I was totally astonished coz i didnt expect he knew my full name and well, u know that noone calls me in this way!
All the persons who were around him, turned their face in my direction and i felt very embaressed!
I tried to hide my emotions goin towards him, i hugged him and then i said: Jay, wait a moment coz i have to say HI to the other ppl in the room!
Laughing
then we also had the chance to speak a lot with him and i asked him, dunno why, really, the situation was literary out of common: J, do u have a chef? LOL
and he replied, with a huge smile: Noooooo, im not that kind of man, i made by myself lol

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55    Reply with quote

LOL! How funny Meike!

I asked him the most bizarre question once, which was so bad I don't even want to post it on here (it wasn't rude, just meaningless). In fact, I would rather he forgot what I asked him. In any case, he laughed, I laughed and that was that. Not sure whether I would ask him anything again, I would just listen LOL!

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 13:02    Reply with quote

Jamiroquanna wrote:
I asked him the most bizarre question once, which was so bad I don't even want to post it on here (it wasn't rude, just meaningless).

Nothing is ever meaningless, come on, let us know what you said - the curiosity is killing me Laughing

SAMANTHA

natiln

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 14:11    Reply with quote

well, i just would love to meet him and that would be enough for me ^^

Jamiroca

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 14:19    Reply with quote

I have so many plans in my head what to ask, and I guess if I actually meet him I would just stand there like an idiot unable to say a word. I would like to give Jay many gifts, but with many you never know when he will meet you !

Zsofita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 14:58    Reply with quote

I would not be able to speak up if I would face him. Rolling Eyes Laughing But would be very good Mr. Green

ophone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 15:15    Reply with quote

Come on girls, he's only a human, not some kind of god.

Cupertin0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 15:46    Reply with quote

I suppose i'd go like.

Hi, uh, um, nice music, um, uh, yeah, good to see you, something totally screwed up like that Smile

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 16:01    Reply with quote

samantha1170 wrote:
Jamiroquanna wrote:
I asked him the most bizarre question once, which was so bad I don't even want to post it on here (it wasn't rude, just meaningless).

Nothing is ever meaningless, come on, let us know what you said - the curiosity is killing me Laughing

SAMANTHA

I'll PM you Sam Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: