jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Derrick and Sola's gear!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Spanish Cozmik Girl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 19:18    Reply with quote

Derrick and Sola's gear!!
Hi everyone, I took this info from Rythm Magazine. All the percussionists and drummers, here is the info you've been looking for!! Enjoy it!

derrick's gear
"I've used my usual combination of Zildjian cymbals and Sonor drums. 1 had 10",12",14" tomtoms, 22" bass drum and an array of snares to give me a choice of different sounds. We recorded the drums in the big, live room at Jay's studio with screens around them. "My personal sound would have been the natural sound of the drums-then you have room to play around with it Jay likes his drums dead, though, and the one thing you are not going to get in a live room is dead drums! "He's into that old funky sound from the 70s, but I wanted to create a natural sound for A Funk Odyssey. Across the album, you can hear these two quite different drum sounds."

sola's gear
"I've been using my five set-up of LP percussion and Sabian cymbals. Starting from the left, I have my Bata - Its my home sound, the Yoruba belly sound that 1 love. "Then there's the first conga-from the Galaxy Giovanni Series -and above that are two timbalitos, a 10" splash cymbal, and Brazilian agogo bells. On the floor on my left, I have a foot cowbell, just to keep me on my toes and keep the independence thing happening. Moving round,I have the quinto lead conga, tuned quite high, and then the tumba conga. "Directly in front of the quinto are my bongos, and to the right of the tumba is a mounted tambourine and an everything rack, with another set of agogo cowbells (with different notes), three cowbells (large, medium and small), and 13" and 14" timbales. I have 6" and 8" splashes directly above the timbales, and then on my far right a 14" china crash. Finally; there is another mini everything rack, with two jam blocks and a tiny cowbell."

Mers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 00:04    Reply with quote

whoa
WHOA...
i really need an address for that mag...a web site...
although i'm pretty sure he's using yamaha now, i didn't quite know about the cymbals...thanx a bunch!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Bandmembers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: