jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Suikerrock Tienen - July 29th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> European Summer Festivals 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cristina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 19:14    Reply with quote

great pictures André!! Very Happy

Cupertin0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 07:44    Reply with quote

Back at work Smile Smile

Will post pictures later on

peggy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 14:15    Reply with quote

I will post my review and more pictures later but these you simply must see !!! How cool are these ??
Made by a friend photo journalist (c) Tom Palmaers

Jamily in action:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (89858 KB) is 720 x 481 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (106239 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

An interview for Base TV:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (62426 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 16:36    Reply with quote

Shinning all the way! Congratulations!

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 23:02    Reply with quote

peggy wrote:
I will post my review and more pictures later but these you simply must see !!! How cool are these ??
Made by a friend photo journalist (c) Tom Palmaers

Jamily in action:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (89858 KB) is 720 x 481 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (106239 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

An interview for Base TV:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (62426 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

WOW! Nice, why do I expect to see 'A Hard Days Night Era Beatles' to come running around the street corner in these pictures? Hehe!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

peggy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 08:46    Reply with quote

I've read this rather 'strange' review today:

Moest Tienen inderdaad aan de kuisheidsgordel gelegd zijn, had er een nieuwe inquisitie opgestaan tegen Jay Kay van Jamiroquai (***). Maar niets bleek minder waar. Het gevederde opperhoofd mocht plots letterlijk en figuurlijk in de schijnwerpers staan en het werd duidelijk dat de Stereo MCs in een wel heel ondankbare schaduw hadden vertoefd. Het kon Jay Kay (én het publiek, stel je voor!) hoegenaamd niets schelen. Het huppeltrutje uit Manchester paradeerde als een queen over het podium en viel nog het best te vergelijken met een blik vol soul dat met immens hoge drukkracht uit mekaar spatte. Aanvankelijk leek de muzikale brei die de 12-koppige band produceerde wat te onherbergzaam maar vanaf 'Virtual Insanity' vielen de instrumenten netjes op hun plaats en werd het orgel flink bijgeschroefd. Nog wel een pluim (pun intended) voor de bassist die niet alleen de hele zooi orkestreerde maar ook een fijn staaltje slap-bass demonstreerde. Het viel op dat het moeilijk was de nummers uit mekaar te houden waardoor 'You Give Me Something' en 'Little L' bijna totaal aan Suikerrock voorbijgingen. Met 'Canned Heat' en bisnummer 'Deeper Underground' sloeg de acid jazz-grootheid echter zo hard toe dat Jamiroquai op z'n minst vanavond het suikerklontje van Suikerrock was. (Pieter-Jan Symons)

It's in Dutch, I will try to find an article in english but i wanted to share this anyway for the Dutch and Flemish people.
Maybe someone can translate this ?

russky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03    Reply with quote

really classy pics & one's for framing i think Peg Wink

here you go:

Tienen had indeed been laid on the chastity belt, a new Inquisition had risen against Jay Kay of Jamiroquai (***). But nothing was further from the truth. The feathered head was suddenly literally and figuratively in the spotlight and it became clear that the Stereo MCs in a very thankless shadow had tarried. It was Jay Kay (and the audience, imagine!) Do not care whatsoever. The huppeltrutje from Manchester paraded like a queen on stage and was still the best compared to a look of soul with immense pressure strength from one another burst. Initially it seemed that the musical knitting the 12-piece band produced what to inhospitable but from 'Virtual Insanity' fell neatly into place the instruments and the organ was quite bijgeschroefd. Still a plume (pun intended) for the player who not only orchestrated the whole thing but also a fine piece of slap-bass demonstrated. It was noticeable that it was difficult to keep the numbers from each other so that 'You Give Me Something' and 'Little L' almost total Suikerrock passed. With 'Canned Heat' and encore 'Deeper Underground' hit the acid jazz greatness, however, so hard that Jamiroquai at least tonight was the sugar cube of Suikerrock. (Pieter-Jan Symons)

Is it that 'strange' in Dutch too Question Laughing

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 15:26    Reply with quote

Everyone as got an opinion... a real smoked one in this case Twisted Evil

peggy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 18:40    Reply with quote

Wow Russ, didn't know your Dutch was that well ! Very Happy

Anyway, hereby my review:

At 10:30h on Thursday morning I was waiting impatiently for my two dear Jamily friends, Lorraine and David, coming from the UK.
Paparazzo shot:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (49658 KB) is 800 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

We had some time to visit Antwerp where we took some snapshots and I, as a true Belgian, got lost in my own country Confused
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (74825 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (265584 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

During our travel to Turnhout, where I live, i got a call from Änder aka Ophone aka King of Luxemburg, he stood waiting at my door ! And there he would wait for another half hour more...

Arrived at my place, my invites drank a Belgian beer (sorry I'm not allowed to tell which beer David drank...) and a bit later dear Nicki and Gaby arrived, we were complete at Turnhout !

I took them to the appartment where they would stay the night, we got ourselves ready and off we where to Tienen !

A little late and bummer...deviation !! So we arrived around 18:00h at Tienen, were we posed before a café called 'Incognito' and a woman on the terrace looking at us like we are a bunch of crazy people ! btw...we are !

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (152072 KB) is 540 x 720 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

At the 'plaza' we met Maria from Spain and her husband, it was nice to see Jeroen again, also there were Natalie, Elizabeth, Angélique, Cristi and Xavier. Roman (CuppertinO) joined us for the first time (welcome !) Jay came a little later as well. We were more Jamily people, sorry I'm forgetting the names so please add yourselves if I missed you here !

And what a wait !! Lorraine was interviewed by national TV, we are with our picture and text in a national newspaper (I will try to scan it and post it in a couple of days) and I was interviewed for Base TV.

Lorraine on VTM
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (68798 KB) is 720 x 540 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Peggy at Base TV
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (70162 KB) is 720 x 540 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

French fries...or Belgian fries ?
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (75206 KB) is 540 x 720 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Groups pic
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (87418 KB) is 720 x 540 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

The waiting was long...especially with for me dissapointing shows from Stijn (who I've seen two years ago and than it was good) and the Stereo MC's.

But, it was worth it !! I've seen JMQ so many times now and for me this was one of the best ones ! And I know a lot of you who have been there agree ! The sound was superb, lot of bass (I like !) and very, very funky.

Some pics taken by (c) Gert Huygaerts:
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (58140 KB) is 480 x 720 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (148975 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (64484 KB) is 480 x 720 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (89135 KB) is 720 x 479 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (68600 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (89273 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (53619 KB) is 479 x 720 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (150132 KB) is 720 x 480 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

It showed that the crowd loved the gig ! I read in an article that 10.000 people came to see it.

After the show we had the possibility to talk a little while with Rob, who told us the new album is now due for November, we have to wait a little longer...

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (68693 KB) is 800 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

I like to take the opportunity to thank Derrick, although it looked like he was not allowed and didn't had time, he still took some time to give a big hug to Nicki and ask her about her father. I think that was really sweet and nice of him.

We stayed for a while after the gig...to come and calm down...although it was difficult especially for 'Bouncing Baby' Lorraine, 'Shake That Ass Off' David and 'Funky Jumpy Nicki' !

And Änder saw that it was good...
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (71908 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (171291 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (175752 KB) is 600 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

We had a great day and evening and I'm very thankful that I could organise this meeting in Belgium and that my dear friends came to visit me !

I'm also grateful to have met some new people !

The music brings us together !

Big hug for all of you !

Note: all pictures can be found on my FB page.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 18:47    Reply with quote

Great review Smile
Thank you Peggy and the rest!!

freaky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 19:37    Reply with quote

Calling jay a "huppelkutje from manchester" .....auch!!!

Did that guy from "het laatste nieuws" send his PDF file and pics to you??

( translation for huppelkutje...uhm...normally you can use it for a little girl who is just very annoying. But you can also use it for big girls, and this journo used it for a man!)

freaky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 19:44    Reply with quote

VAX wrote:

Great concert, the band in a good mood, Jay not so talkative excepting asking for a beer

Cheers
Xavier

and he was bummed because he ran out of ganja! Very Happy

peggy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 05:47    Reply with quote

This is the article:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (345390 KB) is 790 x 800 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

It says (free translation): Jamiroquai can relax. Fans from over whole Europ follow him at his concerts. At Tienen we spot approx 20 die- fans from Spain, France, UK, Holland, Germany...(some names are mentionned)
The Belgian PT coordinated it. 'We have a German friend (MEIKE !!) who established a website where we talk JMQ. We meet up 2 to 10 times a year (when there are concerts) and have become good friends. Earlier this year we were around 40 at Hyde Park. We are also in contact through FB. We just love the JMQ music and atmosphere.'

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33    Reply with quote

Shocked love2 ... so lovely that you mentioned me and jamirotalk!!! 2hug

Great article! That's the spirit!! bumpin' heart

Meike

peggy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:28    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Shocked love2 ... so lovely that you mentioned me and jamirotalk!!! 2hug

Great article! That's the spirit!! bumpin' heart

Meike

I certainly ,entionned, unfortunately he didn't wrote your name in the artcle...he didn't mention Änder either although we gave those names...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> European Summer Festivals 2010 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: