jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

US Fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 03:13    Reply with quote

US Fans
Do you expect a delayed release date?

msammon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 05:56    Reply with quote

no. universal i believe wants to get jamiroquai airplay. with california girls on the airwaves and other pop songs gaining popularity. i expect blue skies to be a hit. keeping fingers crossed it is

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 16:26    Reply with quote

I think what he means is, will the album come out here Nov.1 as well, or will it be 3 months later like Dynamite? I love this band with all my heart and soul, im 26 and have been listening to them since i was 13 ( you do th math Wink ). But I had to come to the realization HARD and a LONG time ago, i really dont think they will get airtime in the US on the radio or the MTV (which is shit reality shows now anyway...) Do the other US fans know what im talking about? It just seems to me that you have to be a secret Jamiroquai fan in the US.

msammon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 16:56    Reply with quote

with technology now you would be stupid to delay it. mercury being mainly u.s. artists would make it so the album is released main stream appropriate.

kellte2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 17:03    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
I think what he means is, will the album come out here Nov.1 as well, or will it be 3 months later like Dynamite? I love this band with all my heart and soul, im 26 and have been listening to them since i was 13 ( you do th math Wink ). But I had to come to the realization HARD and a LONG time ago, i really dont think they will get airtime in the US on the radio or the MTV (which is shit reality shows now anyway...) Do the other US fans know what im talking about? It just seems to me that you have to be a secret Jamiroquai fan in the US.

I'm right there with you. Have been a Jamiroquai fan forever. Friends think its kind of silly/contrarian since they're relatively nobodies when it comes to the music scene over here. I, however, won't be falling into the trap of hoping they "blow up" on the radio with this album. The only reason Virtual Insanity broke into the market so hard was because of the incredibly creative video. Canned Heat got dragged into the collective conscious of America thanks to the awkward Napoleon Dynamite scene.

If you really think about it, Jamiroquai has long been a disco/funk fusion group with a strong lean toward late 1970s - listen to WKR's bassline and the "Pressure" repeated line on the verses - very disco. Disco hasn't flown well in this country since the Disco Demolition in Chicago - so I guess it is hard to be shocked that Jamiroquai isn't getting airplay. The UK, [and Europe at large], on the other hand still embraces the genre.

It's fine, I don't really care. When Katy Perry and Justin Bieber are all over the radio, I don't want my cherished band playing on the same field. Let the people keep consuming that crap.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 17:34    Reply with quote

Haha, I feel you on that last bit about Bieber and Perry! I've been a fan since I was probably...6 or 7. My mom and dad used to wake up to it and Return of the Space Cowboy would be playing as we get ready for school/work Smile

I'm 23 now and my friends didn't know about Jamiroquai until watching Napoleon Dynamite. But after that, they developed a true interest in the band and Jamiroquai became a favorite for all 4 of them! I do remember that in 5th grade, everyone knew Virtual Insanity.

I honestly can't imagine Jamiroquai being played on the radio over here...I mean, the band rarely even makes it over to the US for tours as it is Confused I saw them once and that was in 2005 in Chicago. You would think they would have some play after Virtual Insanity and Canned Heat got popular...they even used Feels Just Like It Should in commercials and video games but we still didn't get to hear the band on the radio or anything. Sad

jgrizz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 18:42    Reply with quote

Cool I am going to buy the European release in November AND the U.S. release anyways, as they will probably be slightly different, so it dosen't really matter, but I would suspect that US release will be delayed. Cool Cool

Ivy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 18:48    Reply with quote

I agree on having to be a secret jamiroquai fan, will always buy their stuff of course Smile . Most ppl here are top 40 fans.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 19:23    Reply with quote

Yeah with Dynamite I imported the UK version and still bought the US version when it came out. And this was all after my girlfriend at the time downloaded the album months before it came out in UK! So if it is delayed in the US, I will for sure be importing the UK album. I fully support the band and would go to any concert I got the chance to if they come back to the US!

I never had a favorite band until Jamiroquai came along. You know how crazy we get over unreleased songs from the band? I wonder if it's like that for fans of other bands! The only artist I could think of is Michael Jackson.

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 19:49    Reply with quote

Ivy wrote:
I agree on having to be a secret jamiroquai fan, will always buy their stuff of course Smile . Most ppl here are top 40 fans.

Laughing I still get teased at work for being a hardcore fan. Their music seems to be obsolete and out of place with today's mainstream crap. "Live or Organic" sound, let's see if it will fit here.I will purchase both the UK release and ours and anything else they come out with. Unfortunately its the quality of the remix that may guarantee airplay. The Penguin Prison remix of WKR is the only decent one (promising).

I have faith Smile

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 19:51    Reply with quote

Almost every person I met that I'm still in contact with...at least, a month, they eventually understand what I feel about this band.

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 01:45    Reply with quote

Tiffinypie wrote:
Ivy wrote:

Laughing I still get teased at work for being a hardcore fan. Their music seems to be obsolete and out of place with today's mainstream crap. "Live or Organic" sound, let's see if it will fit here.I will purchase both the UK release and ours and anything else they come out with. Unfortunately its the quality of the remix that may guarantee airplay. The Penguin Prison remix of WKR is the only decent one (promising).

I have faith Smile

My coworkers teased me for weeks after I mentioned that I was going to the show in Denver, CO. They just kept "dancing around" singing Virtual Insanity (because that is all they know of Jamiroquai)

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 03:38    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:

Yes. I’d prefer to support the domestic release (US) than purchase an import (UK) that doesn’t add to their sales. They need all of their US support.

Supersonic1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 21:24    Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if they got a delayed release date here in the States. In any case, I bought both the UK and US releases (the DualDisc, to be precise) for Dynamite...I'll probably only buy the domestic this time.

As far as radio play goes, I'm betting that only the college stations and XM/Sirius channels devoted to out-of-mainstream pop/dance/R&B will give it a true shot. As funny as it would be to see Jamiroquai hit No. 1 on the Top 40 charts and annoy the "Be-liebers," I doubt that's gonna happen.

Hoping for another North American tour...even though I'll likely have to drive eight hours to Denver or even more to Los Angeles...
"...I feel that Jamiroquai needs to be taken to another stage now. It really does. Otherwise, I have to be honest, I can see a situation where...there is a possibility that you become lost in the annals of acid jazz history." -- Jason Kay

synkronized

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 22:52    Reply with quote

Probably will be delayed. I had to buy Austrailian version of Dynamite and Japanese version of AFO. It it highly unlikely they will get any airplay or even any attention in the media. Most in the media over here think of them as a joke and a one-hit wonder. I hope we get more than 3 or 4 concert dates in the states. I will go to at least one of them, that's for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: