jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

(I've Been) Hurtin'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 18:02    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
haha! just teasing SEB!

But If you're from Argentina. I'll bet the Pina Coladas are fresh. Makes all the difference. Wink

(in our bars they use a mix that tastes like paste!)

Yes!!! and in Brasil are Better!!! I prefer Fernet with Coke.

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 18:07    Reply with quote

ObiWanFunky wrote:
HoneyBee wrote:
haha! just teasing SEB!

But If you're from Argentina. I'll bet the Pina Coladas are fresh. Makes all the difference. Wink

very popular in my city Wink

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N02O_n03MXU/SyqU8GibCzI/AAAAAAAABOI/LjsIwTZWrDo/s320/fernet+con+coca.JPG

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 23:31    Reply with quote

Okay, so I had to look up Fernet, never heard of it. And this is what Wikipedia had to offer:

Quote:
The easiest way to explain the taste is to imagine Jägermeister without the sugar. You shoot it, immediately getting a strong hit of mouthwash - drying the mouth out, stinging the tongue. Its kind of like getting hit in the nose. Your brain hurts, your eyes sting and water, you cough a bit. Then, as soon as it begins a warm wave of relief washes over and you are left baptized in Italian herbals and golf ball eyed awake.

Not sure it that sounds good! Laughing

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 23:57    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
ObiWanFunky wrote:
HoneyBee wrote:
haha! just teasing SEB!

very popular in my city Wink

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N02O_n03MXU/SyqU8GibCzI/AAAAAAAABOI/LjsIwTZWrDo/s320/fernet+con+coca.JPG

I LOVE YOUR CITY!!

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 01:48    Reply with quote

Fernet with Coke to enjoy this song?

i have no doubt it will be a BIG trip listen while u drink one of those Laughing Laughing Laughing
AFO=AUTOMATON

funkin
JIP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:11    Reply with quote

Looks like Universal Music Group are getting youtube videos/accounts suspended. Just having a click round and found a few links that are no longer working.

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 20:16    Reply with quote

funkin wrote:
Looks like Universal Music Group are getting youtube videos/accounts suspended. Just having a click round and found a few links that are no longer working.

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Rolling Eyes Oh well, at least the Official Jamiroquai YouTube Channel still has the better MVs still up Rolling Eyes . BTW, I talked to Rob briefly today and it turns out that Euro radio station airing of 'Hurtin' was intentional in the sense that the DJ DIDN'T have permission to play it live. So chalk up 'Hurtin' has the first leaked song from RDLS, just hope this isn't the beginning of a trend of other stations leaking track by track. Wink Just thought I would let you all know...Cheers Wink !

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Jamirowolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 05:54    Reply with quote

Oh man...I'm the last one to comment but...R.I.P Jamiroquai...this is by far THE most outrageously disgusting song by this new band...it even makes Blue Skies sound like the best from The Crusaders....

I'm sooooooooooooo terribly disappointed..so much I don't want to hear any new tracks...they keep on surprising me on how terrible music they can do

Well I knew one day they would no longer exist...we all know Jamiroquai is actually JayKayroquai since day 1...so the end was coming by either Jason getting killed by drugs, a car crash or making this ugly music...sad they chose the latter

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:53    Reply with quote

Jamirowolf wrote:

Well I knew one day they would no longer exist...we all know Jamiroquai is actually JayKayroquai since day 1...so the end was coming by either Jason getting killed by drugs, a car crash or making this ugly music...sad they chose the latter

Damn that's harsh Confused you haven't heard the rest of the album yet and you are griping like an old man. I understand where you are coming from, but being this critical isn't gonna make Jay give in to his acid jazz era fans. Im not even in the band and felt a bit offended Sad.

gees

Second thought:

Its interesting to read the wide scope of comments regarding the new material. Im just going to steer clear of the forums until the album is released. for now im a bit bummed. Neutral
later jamily.

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 20:08    Reply with quote

soon'll have a total unactivness until the official realease Confused

Jamirowolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 03:05    Reply with quote

Tiff: Sorry to sound like this..my post was was supposed to be on the I've been hurting thread...but anyways...the album title says it all..rock-star...enough said sis...

The more I hear the worst it goes...this ain't gettin' any better..and no, I'm not trying to make Jason do anything, I know he'll never read anything here, he is into the net and computers as I am into his rock sh_t = zero %, he never did, never will.

I get it, he's almost 42 and single, he's writing music to reflect his past, present and future (again..HIS), I can't relate to that at all, but...it his band, not my circus.

Most agree on the fact that this album will probably suck...I've heard 4 songs and they all suck at different levels...but they do in fact, suck...the more I hear the more frustrated it gets, I can't believe how low they've gone.

...one less fan here, not that he gives a dime, and neither should you, my opinions are just that, opinions...don't get my negativity, steer clear of my comments, not the forum...

Jay_F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 13:11    Reply with quote

Jamirowolf wrote:
the album title says it all..rock-star...enough said .

u should check out the explanation of the album title on the new biography...

and once again... bands are people, and they don't stick onto the same day as many years ago, life gets experience, so does the music, and in JMQ's case, yea it's different then how they began, but you know, i bet they love it, and that's what it's all about. if some oldskool fans disagree so be it, but it's a bit sad to read all this "JMQ is dead" stuff, really, it could sound way better like, "the new songs are not really my vibe" sounds more pleasant then everytime reading from some peeps like that they are dead.. after all, they all love what they are doing u know

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 20:16    Reply with quote

Why does everyone continue to insist they’re still a band? It was always J’s creation. However the original incarnations of JAQ functioned like a real band. Other members could contribute ideas and they certainly composed many songs J himself couldn’t have done alone.

At this point JAQ is just a name – a brand for marketing JK as the front man instead of simply a solo act with his own interchangeable cast of musicians. Does anyone believe Derek gets a vote on anything? I don’t think so.

Seb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 20:56    Reply with quote

I'm impressed by the level of some of the comments here.

At least I've learned that Pina is a "girlie" drink, but it is damn sweet Razz

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 21:18    Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

seb, you are right, because i am very tired of that "old school/truly" fans who are not supporting rdls.
yes, i know, they are not obliged to do this, but say that 'jamiroquai is dead', 'bring back the funk', 'come back stu zender'... oooooh is really boring!

all the new threads are finishing with that subject!! i am a diferent fan, and what i want is not fans like me, but fans who respect a change Smile

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: