jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

What tracks are you skipping?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

LittleS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 08:20    Reply with quote

After listening to the album on loop a few times, I earned myself the right to skip. And my top 5 skipped are as follows!

Arrow RDLS: Because we had enough of this one as we waited. And I honestly like the Paleo version better, except for the tape rewind and demo moment on the intro (so cool!).

Arrow Hurtin': This song gets me down. No, it's not depressing, it's just a change in tempo I'm not appreciating. Cool song, but it needs a specific state of mind to listen to it. And I don't know what that is, but I'm not about to find out either.

Arrow Blue Skies: I hated it when it came out, mainly because it was such a far cry from what I'd been expecting for the album. Surprisingly enough, I've found myself warming up a bit to it, but the trauma is not gone yet, and consequently it gets skipped quite a while.

Arrow Goodbye to my Dancer: Um, I'm on the fence about this one, to be honest. I can listen to some parts, and I appreciate the reggae, but overall, it needs some warming up to it.

Arrow Never Gonna be Another: I agree with most people on this one: quite a weak moment indeed. It gets me down AND it's depressing. Not a song to listen to after a break-up, unless you're feeling masochistic and willing to slit your wrists.

Overall, I can actually listen to it without skipping if I have to. But I'm not particularly crazy about those. That's my two cents. Wink

cheebalover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47    Reply with quote

LittleS wrote:
Arrow Goodbye to my Dancer: Um, I'm on the fence about this one, to be honest. I can listen to some parts, and I appreciate the reggae, but overall, it needs some warming up to it.

Idea OK i am looking at my crystal ball, and i can tell u that this song will be ur favourite, and you will not believe that u skipped it before..thats all for now..

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 18:14    Reply with quote

The last few days, I find myself starting the album at Lifeline! The only song I skip at this point is Never Gonna Be Another so I can hear Hey Floyd, That's Not The Funk I Want, Angeline, and Hang It Over. I wish Smoke and Mirrors and All Good In The Hood came after Blue Skies and before Lifeline....that would be the most awesome block of songs!!!

Cristina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 18:26    Reply with quote

I'm still skipping Hurtin and Blue skies since last week and this week I started to skip Never gonna be another...I got bored at one point with this one Confused

LittleS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 03:11    Reply with quote

cheebalover wrote:

Idea OK i am looking at my crystal ball, and i can tell u that this song will be ur favourite, and you will not believe that u skipped it before..thats all for now..

Hmm, I wonder if that has to do with the fact that it's your favorite track? Wink It's not getting skipped as much anymore, granted, and Blue Skies is loathed a bit less as I dislike Never Gonna be Another even more... but from there to it becoming my favorite track? It has to beat Hey, Floyd, Two Completely Different Things, She's a Fast Persuader, and Smoke and Mirriors: believe me, that's very tough competition!

cheebalover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 07:48    Reply with quote

LittleS wrote:
cheebalover wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if that has to do with the fact that it's your favorite track? Wink It's not getting skipped as much anymore, granted, and Blue Skies is loathed a bit less as I dislike Never Gonna be Another even more... but from there to it becoming my favorite track? It has to beat Hey, Floyd, Two Completely Different Things, She's a Fast Persuader, and Smoke and Mirriors: believe me, that's very tough competition!

ahhh clever girl...yes its my favourite track, but its a coincidence...crystall ball never mistakes Very Happy

*LeeLoo*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 22:53    Reply with quote

matutevip wrote:
Quote:

I skip none so far!

Like ophone! Skip none!!!! i am listening to the album in a loop!!! is the first time in my entire life that i am wating to ride the subway!!!!

I know what you mean 'cause I think the same (change "subway" by "train"). I hate That's Not The Funk I Want and directly ommited from my MP4. It's like... I can bear it. For the other all I have patience 'cause I like to see how they flow in the order tha band put it in the album (it has a consistent sense, as I talked about with a musician friend).

But I'm gonna say that Never Gonna Be Another is kinda boring for me.

Cesar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 19:34    Reply with quote

I always skip HURTIN and LIFELINE. And occasionally NEVER GONNA BE ANOTHER.

Curiously, I don't think I'd skip the last one, if it was just an instrumental track. I quite like the sound of it, to be honest. I find it really relaxing, but for some reason the singing somewhat spoils it for me. Go figure! Wink

Ah, I forgot to mention that although I adore SHE'S A FAST PERSUADER, I have skipped the ending a couple of times. I don't really think it suits the rest of the song. I'm sure it'll be edited out if the song becomes a single.

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 19:41    Reply with quote

LittleS wrote:
After listening to the album on loop a few times, I earned myself the right to skip. And my top 5 skipped are as follows!

Arrow RDLS: Because we had enough of this one as we waited. And I honestly like the Paleo version better, except for the tape rewind and demo moment on the intro (so cool!).

Arrow Hurtin': This song gets me down. No, it's not depressing, it's just a change in tempo I'm not appreciating. Cool song, but it needs a specific state of mind to listen to it. And I don't know what that is, but I'm not about to find out either.

Arrow Blue Skies: I hated it when it came out, mainly because it was such a far cry from what I'd been expecting for the album. Surprisingly enough, I've found myself warming up a bit to it, but the trauma is not gone yet, and consequently it gets skipped quite a while.

Arrow Never Gonna be Another: I agree with most people on this one: quite a weak moment indeed. It gets me down AND it's depressing. Not a song to listen to after a break-up, unless you're feeling masochistic and willing to slit your wrists.

Overall, I can actually listen to it without skipping if I have to. But I'm not particularly crazy about those. That's my two cents. Wink

Wow! If you can read my mind. This could've been my post! Wink

Arnhemland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 19:50    Reply with quote

I listen a part of the album when I drive to go at work.
My route lasts about 25 minutes, this is my setllist (in the order) :

1. She a fast persuader
2. Two completely different things
3. Hey Floyd
4. Hang it Over
5. Lifeline

And then I arrive at work
Very Happy

When there are traffic jams, I add these following tracks :

6. Smoke & mirrors
7. All Good In the Hood
8. Angeline
9. Rock Dust Light Star

Laughing

Jam Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18    Reply with quote

Lately I've found myself skipping SAFP, am I the only one?!

Cesar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 13:43    Reply with quote

Jam Fan wrote:

Really? That's interesting.
As I said above, I have skipped the ending a couple of times.

Jamalgerie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 14:02    Reply with quote

Jam Fan wrote:

Wow thats incredible. I'm the opposite-can't stop listening to it.It is the type of upbeat song that Jamiroquai seem to thrive on. I'm skipping the ones most people have already suggested, Never Gonna Be Another snore Blue Skies, Hurtin, and the acoustic version of AGITH which is not good at all. Need to be in the right mood to listen to Lifeline and RDLS, which are occasionally skipped, but the rest are brilliant.

dannyev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 14:07    Reply with quote

Am I the only one who listens to the album in its entirety each time I listen to it? Confused

freeetz!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 14:57    Reply with quote

My least favorite song is Goodbye to My Dancer. I'm not sure why, but I can't force myself to listen to it even to the middle.

And the ending of SaFP is incredible! It's one of the funkiest Jamiroquai moments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: