jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

*Rock Dust Light Star - FAN REVIEWS of the new album*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 06:07    Reply with quote

I hear a lot more details on my I-pod/earphones.
Many lyrics aren't as printed. For all artists.

LeeLoo -I think he says "She's coming from a stranger place, yeah"

And I still hear a "Ch" sound for "hit it".

Great to listen on stereo, I-pod, and in the car. All are different feels.

cheebalover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 13:17    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:

And I still hear a "Ch" sound for "hit it".

drop it Laughing

petra0666

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 09:12    Reply with quote

Sandriche wrote:
I just wanted to add that " baby" is not really bothering me..but maybe it´s because I am a girl Laughing Laughing

" ..Baby you`re an angel..."
love2 *sigh*
it just works! haha

I agree with you Sandriche!! He can sing 'baby' as much as he likes Wink haha

Mocha319

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:46    Reply with quote

I think the new CD is phenomenal! There is not a song on it I don't love; including the re-mixes ( I am usually not a fan of re-mixes). The band never fails to deliver, I don't know how they do it. Each song takes me to places I have been and never been all at the same time, I love it! It feels so good! Thank you Jamiroquai! The new Cd is a complete triumph in my book and I thank you. You are one of the few bands I know I can count on.
biglove 4butterfly 2goodvibes 7headphones 2grouphug 5rose
In a time where everything on the radio (at least here in the U.S.) sounds the same. No variety, no imagination, whatever will sell ; as if sex,quick beats and a dash of shock and scandalous behavior don't get repetitive and down right boring.
tock tock 2tired scream what the f*** irked roll eyes snore
It is nice to know that there are still some true musicians who care about the product they create, albeit not many, but enough to keep seeing us through.
biglove sunny Heart 2hug 2goodvibes king 5heartbeat clapping

Cesar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 19:54    Reply with quote

I think it's funny when people say ''Dynamite sucks'' or ''RDLS is nowhere as good as EOPE or TROTSC"...

Ok, I know that tastes vary and are obviously personal, but I have to say that there are songs I LOVE and DISLIKE in every single JMQ cd I own - and I have them all.

In fact, I don't think I have ever bought an album, by ANY artist, that I have fully enjoyed. There are always songs that don't appeal to me and that I skip. It's really no big deal, in my opinion.

According to many fans, DYNAMITE seems to be the bastard record in JMQ's discography, but I think this is quite unfair. To me, ''Seven Days in Sunny June'', ''Starchild'', ''Don't Give Hate a Chance'' and ''Electric Mistress'' alone are worth the money of the record!

I feel the same about the other ''lynched'' records:
- A FUNK ODYSSEY (''Corner of The Earth'', ''Love Foolosophy'', ''Little L'' and "Twenty Zero One'')
- SYNKRONIZED ("King For a Day'', "Planet Home", "Butterfly" and "Soul Education'')

ROCK DUST LIGHT STAR seems to have been better received by most fans, which is a good thing. I don't love all the songs on the cd (''Hurtin'" and ''Lifeline'' do nothing for me), but who's complaining? "She's a Fast Persuader" and "Two Completely Different Things'' alone make the album worth buying. At least for me. In fact, if I had to pay JMQ a dollar everytime I listen to them, I'd be broke by now. Very Happy

I'm thrilled that JMQ are back, whether the new cd reaches # 1 or 100 in the charts. The music industry has changed dramatically and it seems that only the marketed (hyped) artists (Rihanna, Beyoncé, Gaga) are guaranteed to be played by worldwide radio stations. The rest is simply ignored. That's life. What can we do? Poor is the person who hasn't been given a chance to listen to artists like JMQ...

Welcome back, guys. You were missed.

Last edited by Cesar on Wed Nov 17, 2010 21:17; edited 1 time in total

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 20:03    Reply with quote

Cesar wrote:
Beautiful text!

Cesar wrote:
Welcome back, guys. You were missed.

bumpin' heart

John Doggett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 21:35    Reply with quote

Very Good post Cesar!

You're fully right. There is no bad jamiroquai's album! Jay Kay's voice is priceless....

So I'm still thinking that Synkronized's been unfairly underrating!
I love this album! It still sounds like it was recorded yesterday!
I love Rock Dust too...so nice, so gorgeous, Thank you Jamiroquai!

Ps: Rock Dust is number 1 in France! YES!!!!!! Very Happy

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 01:50    Reply with quote

Yes, Cesar, I agree. Each album has their diamonds. That's what makes me keep listening.

(But funny, my Dynamite favorites are different from yours! I love FJLIS, Dynamite, Electric Mistress, & The World That he Wants).

Each album has many great songs, and songs I sometimes skip! Embarassed

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 03:44    Reply with quote

well, after I listened to the album a few times, I can say it's fantastic.
The band has definitely taken a "new" and interesting path and I support them for doing that.
A lot has been said about each song already, so I won't do a detailed track by track review.

This album is definitely amazing, and a great return for the band.

I'd like to show my respect to Rob for the song Hurtin'. I think it's a great song (In fact, I think a lot of people around here should show their respects to Mr. Harris for this one and many others). His guitar is 75% of this song (derrick and the backing vocals do the rest very good!!). It may seem to be only a "simple" structure of six chords repeated over and over, but it's not just that, Rob does an amazing job doing all those sounds, that sometimes kinda reminds me old disco/hip hop dj scratches Cool, and adds those cool "little solo's" in between of each repetition...

I'm afraid it may become another underrated song, because, you know, it's kinda hard for Hurtin' to "battle" against killer songs like "She's a fast persuader" or "Hey Floyd" Laughing

Anyway what it's good about it it's one of the new songs that goes in a different path than the rest, and does it really good - It's kinda risky but's definitely not a failure

Well, that's it, congratulations to the band for this amazing record. Keep it that way, I think you have hit the target guys.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 16:15    Reply with quote

Gonza-Arg
Quote:
I'd like to show my respect to Rob for the song Hurtin'. I think it's a great song (In fact, I think a lot of people around here should show their respects to Mr. Harris for this one and many others). His guitar is 75% of this song (derrick and the backing vocals do the rest very good!!). It may seem to be only a "simple" structure of six chords repeated over and over, but it's not just that, Rob does an amazing job doing all those sounds, that sometimes kinda reminds me old disco/hip hop dj scratches , and adds those cool "little solo's" in between of each repetition...

Actually, this was the first song I was blown away on from RDLS! Maybe cuz it's so bold, or because it's a new style for JMQ.

But where I live, funk and rock are often merged.
This is a great track, especially because of Rob's funky playing!
But also, the rough vocals and rock style (I could claim he stole his style from this local guy!), a little nasty funk, cool lyrics, chicks in the back... Classic!

funk4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 16:28    Reply with quote

I'm very very glad with the album, I'm addicted:) . But it took some time for me to get used to the songs. The album is a "grower" for me, more then the previous albums.

Songs like Lifeline (love the big-band-sounding parts Cool ) and All Good in the Hood just keep on getting better and better.

Couldn't have wished for a better album. I am very curious to see these songs played out live. Must be great!

Cesar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 18:47    Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Unfortunately, RDLS is nowhere to be seen in the Brazilian album charts. In fact, I haven't seen the record in the stores yet. So far only some sites have it. "Well done", Universal!

I can't remember who said it, but Universal Brasil's page doesn't list Jamiroquai as their artist either!! Rolling Eyes

Honey Bee, I like "World that He Wants" too. It was so battered by the fans that I forgot to mention it.

Someone said that they thought the artcover for RDLS was weak... You know what, I quite like it! It has a ''happy'' feel to it. It's a sort of ''follow up'' to the AFO cover, which I love. Although I like the buffalo man image, I don't think I could take another cover with it. Very Happy

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 05:16    Reply with quote

So -I've read that some of you got a sticker. I read some put it right on the CD cover.

Do you think this is for something else -like a backpack or a car?

petra0666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 09:10    Reply with quote

Ohhh love the album sooo much... still gets better and better!! Shivers at curtain parts of each song... every time again!! And every time another song is my favorite!!! So happy... big smiles... So great to have them back indeed!! Had to share!!

John Doggett

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 18:02    Reply with quote

petra0666 wrote:
Ohhh love the album sooo much... still gets better and better!! Shivers at curtain parts of each song... every time again!! And every time another song is my favorite!!! So happy... big smiles... So great to have them back indeed!! Had to share!!

I couldn't say it better! Rock Dust will grow for sure and perhaps be the most charming Jamiroquai album...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: