jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

What Jamiroquai Album Have You Been Spinning Lately?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 06:35    Reply with quote

What Jamiroquai Album Have You Been Spinning Lately?
Lately, I've been putting Synkronized on heavy rotation. Very solid album, and I think I'm at the point where everything has settled. This is how I rank my enjoyment of the tracks:

Canned Heat 4.5/5
Planet Home 4/5
Black Capricorn Day 3/5
Soul Education 2.5/5
Falling 5/5
Destitute Illusions 4.5/5
Supersonic 4.5/5
Butterfly 4/5
Where Do We Go from Here? 4/5
King for a Day 3/5

Planet Home & Supersonic were real growers. I really enjoy the dirty electronic bass especially now that I have a sweet audio system in my house. Canned Heat is classic, but I think I ultimately enjoy Falling the most, because it has all the elements I like matched up in perfect harmony. Inexplicably, I never really took to Soul Education. It's like some part of my brain refuses to accept this song even though by all accounts it's a very well crafted number. Also, I don't think it's very soulful. It should be called Disco Education. Wink

Latin break in Planet Home is awesome btw. Just had to be said. Bonus points for the bridge in WDWGFH.

ophone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 08:16    Reply with quote

For me as always The Return of the Space Cowboy, then Emergency on Planet Earth, but also Rock Dust Light Star.

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 13:06    Reply with quote

Rock Dust Light Star, of course, and a lot.

All good in the hood, fast persuader, Angeline and Hanging Over are the tracks I enjoy the most.

But I've been listening the previous albums too, but not a particular one.

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 14:56    Reply with quote

Emergency On Planet Earth, I've heard TWM so many times that I think I know which second is every part of every song! haha so I've been listening EOPE a lot these days!

And of course Dynamite, that seems to be so "underrated" a lot by Jamiroquai cos' we can see they don't play any songs from that album live this tour.

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 15:24    Reply with quote

FunkEducation wrote:
And of course Dynamite, that seems to be so "underrated" a lot by Jamiroquai cos' we can see they don't play any songs from that album live this tour.

that's a pity, I love this album. It may not be as brillant as the firsts ones. But I would like to hear Dynamite (the tune) live again.

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 15:50    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Smile Usually I am bumping my head to RDLS in the morning whilest prepping at work on my IPod, then near about the 2nd hour of prep, since I have 'limited room' on my IPod, I make the concession and rock out to the 'High Times' compilation Smile . Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 16:44    Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeaah mee too ! I think dynamite is a great album! In the radios in Chile you can hear many times SevenDISJ and Don'tGHAC, and I remember one day in a special of jamiroquai, I heard Dynamite, Starchild, and others from AFO.
I can't understand why they aren't playing songs from this great album!!!
the live versions from dynamite, FeelsJLIS and DGHAC are sooo fantastic!

In fact, one of my dreams is that they play STARCHILD or TimeWW in the concert here in Chile at April 30th!!! hahah (Huge dream)

am well to the topic:
I'm hearing a lot Dynamite and RDLS and the funny thing is I skip the first songs of both albums xD

EDDI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 18:50    Reply with quote

Syknronized for me, its getting nearer Spring and it gets me in a summer mood, and all 11 tracks are great and flow really well, although my 3rd favourite Jamiroquai album its the best to listen straight through 1-11. All brilliant tracks, even King for a Day! I Love Canned Heat, Where Do We Go From Here (the best track they have never played live), Falling (beautiful song, could listen too all day), Soul Education, Butterfly (nice sunny day in June song) and Planet Home all amazing and Black Capricorn Day and Deeper are great ones live. & all the other i havent mentioned are really good too! No track gets less than 4/5

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 18:50    Reply with quote

Well, I was lucky to listen live most of those "Dynamite" songs when they came to Venezuela in 2006! But man, how much I miss that break on the live Time Won't Wait, it was awesome! And I've been pending with the last concerts and shows, and it seems they are ALL GONE out of the setlists!

Maybe there are so many songs to play these days, and they bet to go on the most popular ones! At last they played a cover in Taratata, that's a lovely return on Jamiroquai! Smile

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 18:22    Reply with quote

I have Synkronized and RDLS cd's in my car. So I listen to these most.
I skip around a lot on both.

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 22:36    Reply with quote

EOPE as of late. I'm in a funk mood. Cool

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 05:12    Reply with quote

Honestly I'm burned out on RDLS. I've been playing TWM and EOPE a lot in the car lately! TWM has such a nice flow and I can't get enough of Alright and High Times.

Funk Fiction

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 07:37    Reply with quote

zeioIIDX wrote:
Honestly I'm burned out on RDLS. I've been playing TWM and EOPE a lot in the car lately! TWM has such a nice flow and I can't get enough of Alright and High Times.

This. Especially about Alright and High Times. Those 2 are arguably one of the best songs (along with Mr Moon and Space Cowboy). And yeah, lots of ROTSC.

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 09:24    Reply with quote

"Lately I are been mostly spinning no Jamiroquai albums"

ROTSC is reserved for special occasions. So there.

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 17:45    Reply with quote

FunkEducation wrote:
Well, I was lucky to listen live most of those "Dynamite" songs when they came to Venezuela in 2006! But man, how much I miss that break on the live Time Won't Wait, it was awesome! And I've been pending with the last concerts and shows, and it seems they are ALL GONE out of the setlists!

Maybe there are so many songs to play these days, and they bet to go on the most popular ones! At last they played a cover in Taratata, that's a lovely return on Jamiroquai! Smile

You're a lucky guy!
There are those strange versions of YouGMS and TwentyZO from dynamite tour that I really want to hear! I still have faith, some day I'll find them in good quality. I want dynamite songs in RDLS era! Exclamation Exclamation
About the cover I'm very happy, is a cool song
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: