jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Question about EOPE 12" Album

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bozz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 18:55    Reply with quote

Question about EOPE 12" Album
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an EOPE 12" Album and I have a doubt.

The one I bought is from Simply Vinyl and I noticed that the inner paper sleeves that are covering the discs are plain white.

I've seen most of the inner sleeves with the colorful artwork instead.

Do you guys know if some of them are coming with plain white ones or the previous owner might have changed them?

Thanks!

tiga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 20:07    Reply with quote

Hey Bozz

The Simply Vinyl label do reissues of classic albums. So it's not the original album you bought but a redo released in 2000 if I'm right. But that doesn't affect the music! Wink Just a bummer because the artwork and words on the sleeves are beautiful.

For example this is an original EOPE LP with artwork on the sleeves
http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Jamiroquai-Emergency-On-Planet-Earth/37674048?ev=bp_titl

You can tell them apart by checking the label, in this case it's Sony instead of Simply Vinyl.

Bozz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:11    Reply with quote

Hi Tiga,

Thanks for the info.

I took a few pics so you can all see that the Simply Vinyl version comes with plain white sleeves.

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (69751 KB) is 537 x 403 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (97307 KB) is 537 x 365 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

It is curious thou that on the back it says "1993" and nowhere that was printed in 2000 like in some cd's albums if I'm not wrong.

I am quite happy anyway as it looks brand new, no marks, no scratches on the covers and never played!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: