jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

TYTD 2013 (again...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HardSmokerI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 20:50    Reply with quote

TYTD 2013 (again...)
Hi Jamiliy Very Happy,

I am also a contributor to the Jamiroquai remix project. Doesn't want to spam this forum but really interested in a real fan's opinion about my attempt.

When I heard about this opportunity, I was absolutely delighted. But then I realized that this is Jamiroquai's legendary "Too Young To Die" track.
Be honest, to remix such a perfet song borders already on blasphemy. This song has everything: brass, strings, rhodes, moog, funky bass & guitar, percussion and not to mention Jay's fantastic vox & lyrics. This truly is a song for the ages!

How are we supposed to remix such a timeless classic?

Couldn't sleep for days and seriously argued with myself. If I wouldn't do it, I would regret it forever. On the other hand, virtually every attempt to remix this lovely piece would turn out shit. Could it be dubstep, glitch-hop, minimal, dance or even a solid alternative rock remix? How to rework this song for 2013 the classy way?

After countless attempts I came to the conclusion that this beauty can not be forced into a sylistic corset. So I just let myself simply drift into the vibe of the song. And the result is a mixture of the early 90s live versions combined with a solid modern dance groove. Actually the force behind was the London 1994 live version of TYTD!
I always loved the breakdown section of the album version. I could always dance away completely with this funky section and the following instrumental solos.

Please have a listen to my remix and let me know what you "really" think about it:

https://soundcloud.com/matthewmclucas/jamiroquai-too-young-to-die

If you like it, please spread the word, wish me luck and keep the Jamiroquai vibe going!

Yours,

Matthew aka HardSmokerI Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: