jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New song during Rock in Rio 2008?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will they perform a new song in the upcoming concerts?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 19:49    Reply with quote

New song during Rock in Rio 2008?
Hello talkers

I was watching the Rock in Rio performance from 2006, and I was wondering if in any of the upcoming dates are they going to perform a new song.

I mean, this is an important place to promote and upcoming album, and maybe performing a new song/a new single is a good way to start.

Do you think they will perform a new song?

vote!

D

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 18:44    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Very Happy Yes, I do agree the slim chances of a new Jami piece being played at Rock in Rio is VERY HIGH, I just don't think it will happen Very Happy. They have been in the studio for less than 2 years now, and as Derrick has said, mostly through inquiries from James (Nude Continuum), the mere possibility that JK and the band feeling comfortable enough/sure enough that they will play a new song, from any of the fest and live 2008 dates are pretty remote. Wink But who knows, with my opinion/thoughts aside, Jamiroquai could probably surprise in a "Montreux frame of mind", and here's to that hope Wink! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 07:40    Reply with quote

I think they won't, cos if it's new track, at first, they will perform it at homelands Wink , that's my opinion Very Happy

buffaloman_V

Zsoma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:04    Reply with quote

I'm much more interested in the line-up, are they gonna tour with or without brass section Wink ?

peggy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:57    Reply with quote

If the have new songs, they will play them or it at all the concerts.

Catalonia is not Spain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:16    Reply with quote

I hope they will, because I'll be there. Wink

However, a world premiere would probably be much more appreciated by a crowd of 'real' jamiroquai fans than by 100,000 people who are also waiting for Shakira or Amy Winehouse. That's why I don't think they're going to perform new songs.

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 06:25    Reply with quote

they have played before (well, not really them, the other jamiroquais) a lot of tracks live before the albums were released! so, why not now??

its a nice way to let the people know what are they up to! i hope they play something new! and FUNKY!

Zsoma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:22    Reply with quote

Catalonia is not Spain wrote:

However, a world premiere would probably be much more appreciated by a crowd of 'real' jamiroquai fans than by 100,000 people who are also waiting for Shakira or Amy Winehouse. That's why I don't think they're going to perform new songs.

Agree, I think it's gonna be a "GH tour" again with the biggest hits, there's no point in preparing with new versions/songs for 10-12 gigs.

peggy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48    Reply with quote

Yes I think that as wel Zsoma !!!

Geuze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 22:35    Reply with quote

Hello,

My estimate is that they WILL play new songs during the summer gigs. There is Rock in Rio, but there are some other "smaller" venues like the free concert in Poland.. and other similars coming up, right? And they are now out of the contract with Sony. So I don't think they have the motivation to play a post-Gratest Hits -kind of gig. If the promises of getting back to the roots, brass section, longer tunes etc. is true then they must bring their new vision to the public as a natural effect to show they really are back to the feel of music, with innovation, with improvisation, soul Smile There is no-one behind them to say "don't play unreleased tracks". One of the coolest things in a band is to play and experience new fresh songs in front of a receiving audience! Let's hope for it.

I'm planning a midsummer trip to the Krakow gig..!

iranterres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 01:05    Reply with quote

In my opinion they're unlikely to play any new song in that gig, i think they're gonna play the smash hits since they will be dealing with the 'mainstream' there.

The band is not known for leaking new material outside their proper time.

jamirrorquai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:29    Reply with quote

Just a thought

But if it were me, i would release the album maybe 2 weeks before the first concert,

I would do it online only (to start with) and perhaps have a gimic something like Prince did, where a certain number would be given away free., but again do it over the net not a newspaper.

Then I would generally release the album for sale at concerts and after the tour I would have it in record shops

Just my way of doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live – 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: