jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

The Best Track To End Gig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Deeper Undeground
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Alright
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 17:13    Reply with quote

Hi partypeople,
Jtalkers remeber, that we had such kind of topic, but the question was little bit different - The Best track to start gig.

Now, let's end this gig Very Happy . Practically (not every) gig ends with "Deeper Underground" or "Alright". I like both endings... up to now, I haven't decided which is the best

buffaloman_B
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Catalonia is not Spain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:23    Reply with quote

Hard to say, but I choose Deeper Underground. It's a good song to get the adrenaline going before the show ends

teecheedeedee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 07:09    Reply with quote

Definately Alright. It's just such a classic, and it has the distinctive JMQ sound that Deeper Underground simply doesn't have. It's especially nice for oldschool Jamiroquai fans like myself, it reminds me of the TWM days. Wink .

Cupertin0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:59    Reply with quote

For me, deeper, one last bang in the end Smile It's not my favourite JMQ song, however it is nice to end a gig! Or start. Well only 2 choices in this poll Smile

jamirrorquai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:44    Reply with quote

the set list i choose to open and finish with seem to work very well,

They flow into each other and set 2 makes for a great night of dancing,

We play all of those songs in an evening with a 30 minute break between set 1 and 2 but no break for the encore Smile

Set 1

Bad Girls (where i introduce our backing singer - like the brits)
Cosmic Girl
You Give Me Something
High Times
(Don't) Give Hate A Chance
Little L
King for a day
Half The Man
Corner Of The Earth
Feels Just Like It Should

Set 2

Main Vein
Starchild
Alright
Black Capricorn Day
Supersonic
Canned Heat
Love Foolosophy
Runaway
Seven Days In Sunny June
Deeper Underground

Encore

When You Gonna Learn
Too Young To Die
Blow Your Mind
Space Cowboy
Virtual Insanity

As you can see we have gone for th high energy finish after a couple of mellow songs in each set and we start with the sets with long intro's for each song.

Please let me know your thoughts on this too.

Smile

Júlia*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 16:49    Reply with quote

I chose Alright, because it has a wonderful energy, perfect to finish a concert clapping

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

Funkiroquai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 19:52    Reply with quote

What a start Exclamation and now I'm thinkin if I have energy at the end of that gig where all this song will be played Question hell NO Smile

I've choosed this two endings becouse of - Deeper Underground from Montreux Jazz Festival 2002 and Alright from Montreux Jazz Festival 2003

In my opinion this two song versions were just fab, not less roll eyes

Zsofita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 20:14    Reply with quote

I choose Deeper Underground Exclamation I like the crusher conclusion! Twisted Evil Laughing What kind I jumped onto this track of mine on the concert...yeaaah Cool

Escyla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 19:40    Reply with quote

I miss Picture of my life
Zsofita wrote:
I choose Deeper Underground Exclamation I like the crusher conclusion! Twisted Evil Laughing What kind I jumped onto this track of mine on the concert...yeaaah Cool

I miss in that list the perfect song "Picture of my life". I think its perfect in the middle of a concert but unfortunaly I have never heard. I suppose that its not a song for a concert.... but... why not? maybe it will be a great surprise for all fans that love music of Jamiroquai.
Pleaseeee, sing Picture of my lifeee but in Spain pleaseeee!!!!! I have to try and try and try!!! hahaha.... However... excuse my horrible level of english.

NiMira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 20:40    Reply with quote

Picture of my life seems too personal (to me). It+s a woderful song however. I just don't think it would be good for large concerts they usually do.

For the last song I prefer something that goes up with the frase: Always leave them wanting more. Meaning something with more rhythm, like deeper underground. Wink

p3rpleXdS0u1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 22:37    Reply with quote

def alright.its just such a gr8 party song and will def get ppl pumped up for the after party jumpingmulti

ophone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 06:55    Reply with quote

Agree with Soul! Very Happy

Zsofita

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 08:19    Reply with quote

Re: I miss Picture of my life
Escyla wrote:
Zsofita wrote:

I miss in that list the perfect song "Picture of my life". I think its perfect in the middle of a concert but unfortunaly I have never heard. I suppose that its not a song for a concert.... but... why not? maybe it will be a great surprise for all fans that love music of Jamiroquai.
Pleaseeee, sing Picture of my lifeee but in Spain pleaseeee!!!!! I have to try and try and try!!! hahaha.... However... excuse my horrible level of english.

I adore this song! Heart Simply beautiful, emotional and shakes out the cold, if I hear it. Rolling Eyes Jay's sound is wonderful. biglove
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: