jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

JAMILY, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! PLEASE READ URGENTLY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lyes from paris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 19:06    Reply with quote

Shocked . I'm sorry for this Meike. It's the first time that I read that kind of message.

monisum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 19:19    Reply with quote

Meike, I deleted from my uploading source all my scans of official photos, magazines, etc, as well as all pics, that were not mine.
This way, in all my posts here on Jamirotalk, these pics are not more available. Think this is the fastest way for every user to clean up the own posts, insted of going through them all Wink

All my remaining pics here, I made myself with my camera, especially from Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Frankfurt 2005 concerts. Wink

Meike, I hope that everything will go positive for you and for the site. I know a lot of us will help with this. Still the burden is on you Crying or Very sad

For all of us this is a pity and sad thing. The level of high and firsthand information here will not be the same in the future. A quick first sight pic of an event, advert, etc. can not easily be replaced by texts or links to other sites, where you have to start searching yourself again for getting the pics Sad And pictures transport our emotions best, the are discussed here and build a special form of communication and interaction.
What a pity that such a harmless and joyfull thing has to disappear Evil or Very Mad

deesh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:15    Reply with quote

Do album covers count as well?

Thank you for getting that cleaned up so quickly Meike, Miran and mods!

cosmic lola

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:16    Reply with quote

Dear Meike, all my support to you and jamirotalk team!!!

I can´t belive this situation. Shocked Please say me if you need I delete my post with my personals pics.

Know Jay or another Jamiroquai bandmember this situation???

Thanks for your great work Very Happy cheers and a lot of kiss

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:20    Reply with quote

Personal pics are fine, don't worry!

Album covers... hm... depends on the content. I saw some posted in recommendation topics with links included where to buy those albums. So this is even free advertising and should be ok.

No, Jay and band don't know about the situation...

Thanks for your support everyone. bumpin' heart

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:40    Reply with quote

Anytime Meike and Miran Smile

Have just checked the Forum-Info & Help section too and have emailed Meike links to any photos which were still on there.

Am still searching for more....

Zsoma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:56    Reply with quote

C'mon, honestly, this is truly insane... And what about JPP now, there are a huge number of images there also Confused

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 23:26    Reply with quote

you al are doing hard work, specially meike and miran clapping

i'm gonna check my posts but i doubt i have posted any wich is not mine...

***STONED AGAIN***

Jana B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 01:14    Reply with quote

Meike, did you take off Jay Kay photo's section? Because I put there many photos...I would like to clean up the my posts and I can't find the topic...

Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 02:38    Reply with quote

Not sure if this is any use or not, but I've noticed in some other forums that no images are ever shown unless you're a member and logged in at the time (kind of like with the Jamily Tree section).

Obviously doesn't get around the copyright issue of individual images, but is a bit of a 'closed door' to those who just cruise on by without logging in.

James Higgins
Soul Continuum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 05:17    Reply with quote

Hi Meike, Miran and Jamily.

It really saddens me that Jamirotalk has been targeted in this way. Yes, legally it all makes sense about copyright infringements etc... but I am really starting to get sick of the rigid interpretation of law that is developing in the world. What ever happened to the "spirit of the law"? Where is the compassion, understanding or rational thought. To be honest, I really don't see in ANY way how any of the content here on Jamirotalk does anything other than promote and increase hits and awareness of news websites, magazines, and basically anything that crosses paths with Jamiroquai.

No-one here is claiming to have created this images. No one is selling them. What about the countless Buffalo man images used throughout the forum, in pictures, backgrounds, avatars? Is Jay Kay going to sue Jamirotalk for using this image? NO! Because he has a little understanding of the fact that this forum is not only harmless, but one of the most potent promotional tools for his fan base. How is it any different for the magazines and news websites?

That's my two cents. I'm disgusted by the situation, but really proud of you all for rising to the challenge and battling on. That is what life is about, and sometimes we all learn it the hard way.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I have definitely not posted any images that I do no own on the forum, so I'm not sure if I can help at all, but just ask.

Lots of love, respect and huge support from me and the whole Nudie crew!

James

Smile

Princess Freesia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 06:48    Reply with quote

Sweetheart..........that is TERRIBLE news! I can't believe it.......but I understand what they're talking about. Still, do NOT worry anymore about this. We will all do everything and anything we can to help you. I'm so sorry that this has occurred. But please, let me know if there is ANYTHING else I can do.......I have never posted pics on here, but I will ensure in future postings that I do not breach any copyrights!!!!!

Love you dearly Miss Mouse, and Miran and the kids too. Stay positive and keep your chin up darling.....you have gifted us all with a wonderful forum, and we love you very very much. Always here for you if and when you need me/us.

oxoxoxoxo

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Keepin' me dry when I shouldha been wet...

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 07:33    Reply with quote

I just read this topic this morning. What a shit!!! I'm really sorry for you Meike and Miran - what a lot of work for you Crying or Very sad If I can do anything - please tell me!!!

cosmic lola

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 08:44    Reply with quote

Will there be started the threat and persecution of SONY to Jamiroquai? Evil or Very Mad

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:13    Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean, lola.. Sony has nothing to do with this problem.

I want to thank you all again for your good vibes! I am optimistic this will work out. Thanks for all your lovely words and support. Also for your messages at facebook, PMs and emails... sorry that I didn't manage to reply to all of them. I will be busy with the cleaning and checking of postings for a while I guess... so be patient - the pictures will be soon back, step by step. As more users help with their own package of pics the sooner we will reach the normal status. Wink

Much love bumpin' heart bumpin' heart bumpin' heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: