jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Who thinks J sings too much?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tony.lee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 08:23    Reply with quote

Old thread, *sorry* again.
I'm constantly draging up old threads that should perhaps be left alone and for that I apologise.

I just want to leave my comments on Jay Kay's singing. Wink

I think for his own sake he should concentrate on a stronger music structure with longer instrumental breaks. His voice has never been the strongest and I feel that this has a lot to do with over exursion. I've watched live performances where he starts strong but towards the end he sounds and looks exhausted. I feel for his own sake he should concentrate on creating more instumental songs. Perhaps his new found freedom, now he's no longer controlled by Sony, will allow him to do just that.

Just to end this I do beleive Jay's voice to be something special and have no problem with him singing too much. I just feel it would be best for him to sing with a little more moderation.

Katy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 00:33    Reply with quote

I enjoy the instrumentals very much and I think it shows off just what a fantastic band Jamiroquai are, far too many seem to rely on their lead singer but with Jamiroquai this isn't the case. Having said that there is no question that Jay has got a great voice, maybe not the strongest out there but many of the best singers now don't need a strong voice with microphone and technology improvements. He has the perfect voice for this style of music and IMO his vocal talents compliment those of the band impeccably well.

caroli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 13:20    Reply with quote

Thought he doesn't improve it. I'm into another band right now, a japanese one and the vocalist is always trying to improve, reaching higher notes...plus he plays a lot of instruments.

J is a gr8 singer, but he could practise a bit more...

Lovefoolish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 20:54    Reply with quote

I love Jay's voice but i guess with the cigs and excesses it has taken its toll. If Jamiroquai ever finished (God forbid) he could write songs for other artist though as he is such a great lyricist. Are is he doing that already??????

Rythmolution

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 14:17    Reply with quote

like he said during the Jazz Cafe gig : " we could have cheated you and play it in a lower key, but we didn't.....I am going towards 40 now..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: