jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai - Live at Nova Jazz & Blues Night 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> European Summer Festivals 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jay_F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 00:46    Reply with quote

it was superb!! was in the vip section, saw many musicians but didn't felt to bother them though, great, reaaaally great performance of Jamiroquai, absoulutly brilliant!i did have a chat with rob though, when i saw him gettin in our section, so me and alice got to him, had a chat,he still recognized me from first time we met in 2008, or probably also on facebook of the pics i tagged and comments, anyway, made a joke aswell, as many people acually believed instead of a joke, like i said hi and he was like joking after our first hi like "at what time ur going on stage?" i was like "don't joke around ey xD, people in the crowd already believed that here and said to me how much of a fan they are etc.." he had to laugh about that though, but yea, talkt about the music, and setlist, etc etc.. all nice, wished me and alice a great eve as he got back to the artist corner to prepare for the gig, really digged it, superb eve, truly!

Last edited by Jay_F on Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:20; edited 1 time in total

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 01:37    Reply with quote

thanks for the quick review jay!!! sounds like an awesome time

how did all the others go..??
How did u enjoy Austria?? Very Happy hope to hear from you all

did u meet anyone jay?

Jay_F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 22:33    Reply with quote

the rest was also good Smile really nice to have seen incognito live aswell, seen bluey (or maybe other spelled sry xD) in vip section too, but we where already on the go, but yea, great day
i've met the jamily too, steve, laura and the 2 other peeps i'm sorry that i forgot the names xD crazy times, cool to have met laura finally. had a great laugh so much, good times! they where close to the frontrow, if i didn't misslooked from our spot they where standing with jmq at the frontrow i think, we where at a very good spot on the vip corner to see all of it. it was really a great night totally, pics will come up soon on facebook with jamily and with rob etc..

steffenfunk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 01:33    Reply with quote

Great to see you again Jay mate.....yet again though,I failed to hold down my front row position because of making the sin of going to the toilet.....damn bladder!
It was indeed a superb day,and not just because we knew the 'Quai were gonna be headlining,but because of the fact that the festival was in such great surroundings.In fact,I kept having to do a double-take to take in where I actually was.....it was a mixture of a proper music venue combined with what looked like the set to 'The Sound Of Music' right by the main stage...just superb.
The acts that played were brilliant-
Rodney Hunter kicking off the events with a smooth,funky set that got people well & truly warmed up followed by the larger-than-life Count Basic who even appeared onstage with some tribal headgear almost mocking Mr Kay!
I really liked these lot....full of energy & real low-down dirty funk
Next up was Incognito who were simply brilliant...the hills truly were alive with the sound of proper music when these started....if nobody was dancing to the first 2 acts,they were now....the place was rockin'....and with good WIESEN too! Smile
Gil Scott Heron appeared next......what a performance....so much presence & a message in every line he spoke,really quite funny too....top class
In my opinion,the next act,The Gotan Project,were quite tedious...classical music mixed with big beats & bleepy noises...I like some classical music but this just sounded all too samey & tiresome after about half an hour....they even appeared to have an encore after their encore...talk about overstaying your welcome!
Now we come to Jamiroquai Smile
A top class performance that did not disappoint at all,(definite highlights for me being 'Hooked Up'.'Light Years' & 'WYGL')....so what if it poured down with rain when the first strains of 'Revolution 1993' were to be heard?That just added to the occasion!
Like at Hard Rock though,there was hardly any banter with the crowd,mind you,I think there was a time issue at stake seeing as they didn't come on 'til past 11?At one point though,just before launching into the radio-friendly 'Rock Dust,Stone,Paper,Scissors' (haha),Jay siad that if it were up to him he'd sing the dozen or so songs from the new album but that 'our record label wouldn't be very happy'
I hope that with this new album there comes a fresher sounding set-list at the upcoming tours....not that I'm complaining because I'll always love their gigs but you just kinda know what songs they're gonna be pulling out of Jays big hat....
But it's damn good to have 'em back Smile

(ps- was ace to meet up with Jay_F,Laura & Piero too....never fails to impress me you Jamily lot Smile)

Júlia*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 02:43    Reply with quote

cool reviews guys! Smile
_

this user - http://www.youtube.com/user/galvanization85 - is uploading many HD videos (detail: full songs!) right now!
clapping

brent? Laughing

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 20:19    Reply with quote

Júlia* wrote:
cool reviews guys! Smile
_

this user - http://www.youtube.com/user/galvanization85 - is uploading many HD videos (detail: full songs!) right now!
clapping

brent? Laughing

Cool 'BOOTLEG THUNDERBIRDS UNITE!!!!' Cool

Hehe, I heard your call, working on it now Sister Julia, look for a new thread in 'Search/Find' with my uploads! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 07:51    Reply with quote

great photographs from the show by MATTHIAS...a photographer from vienna! thank you

Arrow http://bit.ly/jamiroquaipics

Júlia*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 03:09    Reply with quote

thanks brent, thanks sandriche ! kissing

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 13:55    Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/user/youngimperialworld

many videos, with good quality, recorded by a fan at the first row Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> European Summer Festivals 2010 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: