jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

PLEASE SEND NEW QUESTIONS IN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Musicholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 20:37    Reply with quote

how come jay is not part of this?
i would think that he would be interested in answering our questions since we're not asking silly and irrelevant questions

but i do appreciate the other bandmembers who have took a moment of their time answering and sharing some info...it would be nice to get feedback from everyone in the band Wink

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 05:51    Reply with quote

He is not in because I don't have his email adress! 3propeller
But I am working on it. 5crossfingers

So, if anyone has Jay related questions, post them!!

Mouse

Musicholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 23:52    Reply with quote

oh ok, i do hope we hear from him soon Wink

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 01:36    Reply with quote

Funkiroquai wrote:
feels like the part of my day's chekclist Smile Thanks Meike

agree, and thanks for u comment
sorry i check so late here Embarassed
AFO=AUTOMATON

Mocha319

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 17:12    Reply with quote

Will the song lyrics be included in the Cd?
Cool

BlackCapricornDay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 01:56    Reply with quote

Maybe it's already been asking by fellow member .. just ordinary questions ..

1. Why you named the album title "Rock Dust Light Star" and what the story behind that?

2. We (fans i mean) had been talking so much about your first two videos, now we would like to hear your version of explanation of the videos, are there really a 'deep meaning' behind that or it's just Jay playing with his toys?

That's it,
i love you Jamiroquai.

jamirrorquai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37    Reply with quote

BlackCapricornDay wrote:
Maybe it's already been asking by fellow member .. just ordinary questions ..

1. Why you named the album title "Rock Dust Light Star" and what the story behind that?

2. We (fans i mean) had been talking so much about your first two videos, now we would like to hear your version of explanation of the videos, are there really a 'deep meaning' behind that or it's just Jay playing with his toys?

That's it,
i love you Jamiroquai.

The Cosmic girl video was loved by most of the fans and press alike

Blue skies and White Knuckle ride uses the exact same stretch of road almost the exact same length of time in the video but it is filmed during the day time with shock other "toys".

It is without sounding to much like a broken record "a maturing of the Cosmic girl video"

Younger Jay = full of exhuberance and excitment shown in and through the fast pace of the cars.

Older Jay = Been there seen it all and got the t-shirt shown through the 911 (which has been around forever, gone through so many changes and still a perfect supercar). The motorbike is the new freedom element of the band, the chance to just go at a pace that suits them and no protective gear in the form of record company guidelines. The helicopter is the lift off and launch of the new stuff - the sky is no longer the limit Smile

Just my thoughts

BlackCapricornDay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 05:03    Reply with quote

Thanks a lot jamirrorquai ..

First time i saw the video .. i just thought that this is the video of a lonely middle-age guy .. but then i read all the review by fellow fans and then i watched it over and over again and start to recognize all the connection like " ahhh .. i see .." the point is like what everybody think : motorcycle=freedom, cops=mercury,porsche=sony .. leaving the past,ahead the future .. just wanna confirm them that all is true, that is all the meaning .. but if i don't get them answer it's alright .. i had enough answers,i feel well informed by all of you guys .. Wink

jamirrorquai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 09:53    Reply with quote

Smile

Of course we could all be wrong Wink

Bloody good question though, cant wait for an official answer

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20    Reply with quote

I would love hear from Jay about those videos...our imagination didn´t have any borders Laughing what were his thoughts and intentions with those videos

Runaway Maggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 17:31    Reply with quote

Thank you for doing this Mouse! I cannot think of anything I'd like to ask at present, except to wonder when some questions may be answered!

Oh, and has Rob taken off his facebook page? I've had no updates from him for ages!

Plus congratulations to Matt and his wife on their baby!

And to thank all the band for being so great to listen to. I have no qualms about their new album. It does not matter to me whether it's an old or new sound. Just that it is here and we will be able to listen to it to our heart's content very soon Very Happy

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 02:40    Reply with quote

Midnight.....Funk. Just listened to the 14 second clip for the first time in a while and I am seriously hoping we can get Jay/Zender/SOMEBODY to release it even if it's just a demo. Those Nomi demos were amazing so....But yeah, I know the question was already asked to Derrick and he said he would dig up some info on it but..... Confused

Zsoma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 15:37    Reply with quote

zeioIIDX wrote:
Midnight.....Funk. Just listened to the 14 second clip for the first time in a while and I am seriously hoping we can get Jay/Zender/SOMEBODY to release it even if it's just a demo. Those Nomi demos were amazing so....But yeah, I know the question was already asked to Derrick and he said he would dig up some info on it but..... Confused

Christian raised this one to Derrick personally in Bogota:
Quote:
i asked derrick about midnight funk . he told me that sons exists , but there is not any intention to release it righ now . and also there is not intention to release a b sides album . he also told me that for RDLS had recorded like 40 songs but mercury only decided to put 15 (that explains the deluxe album , the regular album and the japanese one) . he also told me the next were left , arr goin to be included in the nex album (although i suppose they might change ) and that super highway will be possibly included in the next album.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 16:13    Reply with quote

mr.az wrote:
Winterkat wrote:
Don't know if I am too late with this, Meike Wink If the above mentioned music questions get answered I will be musically satisfied but would like to add another ('random') question that I kept forgetting to put here!

Can you aks Jay if he is one of the 1000 people signing up for the (hybrid) Porsche 918 Spyder?

It's my absolute favourite car at the moment and all I can do, is wish I had the money for it myself Mr. Green Been rooting for it to get build since they released the concept.

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-03-02

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1047665_porsche-918-spyder-gets-official-production-greenlight

cool, another porsche fan in the jamtalk¡¡¡¡¡ Very Happy Very Happy

OMG that is a HOT car! (the Porsche Spyder) I wonder if any of the band members have car fetishes like Jay? Do they have a hot car?

mr.az

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 00:43    Reply with quote

Jamirocat wrote:
mr.az wrote:
Winterkat wrote:
Don't know if I am too late with this, Meike Wink If the above mentioned music questions get answered I will be musically satisfied but would like to add another ('random') question that I kept forgetting to put here!

Can you aks Jay if he is one of the 1000 people signing up for the (hybrid) Porsche 918 Spyder?

It's my absolute favourite car at the moment and all I can do, is wish I had the money for it myself Mr. Green Been rooting for it to get build since they released the concept.

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-03-02

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1047665_porsche-918-spyder-gets-official-production-greenlight

cool, another porsche fan in the jamtalk¡¡¡¡¡ Very Happy Very Happy

OMG that is a HOT car! (the Porsche Spyder) I wonder if any of the band members have car fetishes like Jay? Do they have a hot car?

agree with u, i wanna know¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Face-To-Face All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: