jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

"Goodbye To My Dancer" on US radio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

pranavc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 15:15    Reply with quote

"Goodbye To My Dancer" on US radio
I hope this post is NOT misconstrued as spam - especially since I have made similar posts to this one on the forum. "Goodbye to my dancer" by Jamiroquai is now getting 4-5 plays a day on "Radio Creme Brulee" - a Boston-based internet music radio station (for those of you that have not heard of the station before) featuring the best current pop/rock music from both sides of the Atlantic alongside guilty pleasures, forgotten gems, and radio hits from the last three decades. To listen, log on to

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com

"Blue Skies" is also getting 4-5 plays a day on Radio Creme Brulee. If you do end up listening to the station (which can basically be listened to from anywhere), please RATE Jamiroquai tracks by clicking on the "thumbs up" icon next to the song on the online radio player when it gets played. Thanks in advance!!!

It looks like so far, people have been voting for these tracks. Up until last week, "Two Completely different things" was comfortably perched in the top 5 of the station's airplay charts.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 18:38    Reply with quote

Why, of all the songs, would they pick those?
(I'm liking Goodbye to my Dancer more these days)

pranavc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 20:05    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
Why, of all the songs, would they pick those?
(I'm liking Goodbye to my Dancer more these days)

well, for a lot of people that are attached to the classic Jamiroquai sound (me included!), "Two completely different things" really hits the nail on the head. The song probably runs a little longer than it should for a radio track but I still think it's great. "Blue Skies", on the other hand, is a grower. I doubt its instant for anyone outside the die-hard fanbase. I guess people that pick it have appreciated it over time.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 19:46    Reply with quote

I like TCDT.
I wouldn't choose Blue Skies or GTMD as first U.S. releases.
But if I hear them, I'll be happy!

pranavc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 16:34    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
I like TCDT.
I wouldn't choose Blue Skies or GTMD as first U.S. releases.
But if I hear them, I'll be happy!

TCDT is the best track on the album and should be the first US release.

ryanmclelland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 17:13    Reply with quote

The first US release? I don't think so...

I don't think many singles will be released here. There's nothing commercial enough for the radio stations...possibly SAFP - but it seems the band has avoided that song this far.

The label doesn't even push the singles properly in the UK which leads me to believe that the album will be released to no fanfare in the US if released as is. Even Dynamite, which was far more commercial, debuted outside the Billboard Top 100.

Not much will change with RDLS...most singles released here won't be noticed...and the album will follow suit. JK needed a MONSTER album to get renoticed here... But RDLS is far from that album. Fans, like myself, have already imported the album...and with the material being a far cry from TWM (the album that got him noticed here)... I think that the album will just disappear.

Personally I love the album and listen to it daily. But your everyday tweenyboppers won't give these songs a second notice.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 07:14    Reply with quote

Right on!

pranavc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 05:14    Reply with quote

ryanmclelland wrote:
The first US release? I don't think so...

I don't think many singles will be released here. There's nothing commercial enough for the radio stations...possibly SAFP - but it seems the band has avoided that song this far.

The label doesn't even push the singles properly in the UK which leads me to believe that the album will be released to no fanfare in the US if released as is. Even Dynamite, which was far more commercial, debuted outside the Billboard Top 100.

Not much will change with RDLS...most singles released here won't be noticed...and the album will follow suit. JK needed a MONSTER album to get renoticed here... But RDLS is far from that album. Fans, like myself, have already imported the album...and with the material being a far cry from TWM (the album that got him noticed here)... I think that the album will just disappear.

Personally I love the album and listen to it daily. But your everyday tweenyboppers won't give these songs a second notice.

I am responding to this a lot later than I should have. I agree that RDLS is not the monster album we would have necessarily expected but I think my all standards of subjectivity, it is far better than a lot of what gets played in the US on radio these days. Radio play goes a LONG way here even without other forms of TV promotion. Everyday tweenyboppers have been brainwashed into listening to the likes of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Katy Perry. With an unfortunate benchmark like that, does Jamiroquai even stand a chance? Probably not - but I think it has less to do with RDLS as an album than it does with the general state of the US music scene - which is geocentric and ageist - and has a decided bias towards hip-hop or hip-hop-sounding music. The media here has essentially reduced all pop music to one type - tracks produced by RedOne combined with tracks featuring Pitbull as a rapper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: