jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

NEW DATE for Oberhausen in November!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:33    Reply with quote

Two possibilities... he was not "in the mood"... or he was already in a hurry to catch the flight to the next city. The band is usually going by tourbus and we heard that they were indeed about to start their trip to Paris the same night. So these aftershow meetings are not very long anyways. It might be different when they stay in a hotel after a gig. Then meetings are longer and also Jay shows up sometimes. That's what I observed at least.

BUT: it is still funny to be ("only")with the bandmembers! They are so down to earth and just great mates. We had much fun and it is like meeting old friends!

By the way, I want to point out that those aftershow passes I was able to give out were a generous present from the band (organised by Derrick) to the Jamirotalk-Jamily. My original idea was to make a surprise competition a few weeks before Oberhausen, and I was planning together with Derrick to have aftershow passes as prizes for the winners.
Derrick was immediately ready to help me with this mission, as we thought it would be a little treat for all those cancellations. So, I was waiting for his ok and a number of possible tickets, as he had to wait for feedback of the management. Then time was flying and I only was asking him again two days before the gig as I haven't heard any news about it until then. Of course it was a bit late for a competition, so I asked if it was still possible to get a few aftershow tickets. He agreed and on sunday I found out that he indeed organised 10 (plus 2 for Peggy) tickets!!! WOW!!! Very Happy So massive thanks goes out to Mr. McKenzie who made this possible! bumpin' heart

Also big thanks to Nicki and Jereon who saved me a place in the front row, as I had to wait outside for the ticket office to open while the run to the front was happening without me! 2grouphug

tiga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:36    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Two possibilities... he was not "in the mood"...

Probaly shouting at his sound engineers Wink

Thumbs up for Derrick!

Greg House

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 14:11    Reply with quote

Hmmm...I thought they're travelling together during the tour.

Yeah, that's how I met with them (the whole band except Jay too) last year. (Balaton Sound 2010)
We were staying at the same hotel, At that time they arrived on the day before the gig, and in addition they stayed for two days after the concert too.
(They left the hotel together with 2 or 3 small buses)

Derrick (and also Paul) was really kind when I met with them. They weren't behave like "bandmembers from the well known band: Jamiroquai", they were just like any other hotel guests. Smile

Trolll

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 14:47    Reply with quote

Greg House wrote:
Hmmm...I thought they're travelling together during the tour.

Jay is usually not travelling with the rest of the band, he has hiw own arrangements, even though he sometimes does travel with them... It depends!

peggy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 15:39    Reply with quote

I must say: maybe the sound was not that great...nevertheless..;i had a great night! And I saw Tiga at the end Smile

I wasn't front row with the rest of the Jamily, as I need alot of space to dance my feet off. So bar buddy Russ and I were at the back, which was actually very good and with a view. So all cool. until, all of a sudden, they took the bar away! Duh? Smile

For me, even more important, was spending time with my lovely friends, Meike, who i hadn't seen in years, Jeroen, my dear friend Nicki, Russ (finally again!) Nathalie, Joyce, Ralf, my travel buddy David, Dominik, sweet Konni and others...that's what it' all about!

And agree with Meike, thank you Mr. D. for your kindness and for the attention to your fans! After all, we're fans from the band. In total!

tiga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 15:50    Reply with quote

peggy wrote:
And I saw Tiga at the end Smile

Huh? Where did you see me? And did I see you?
Smile

russky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 17:39    Reply with quote

In the middle of the floor as you were leaving Wink

I also want to thank Meike, Nicki & Derrick for organising backstage access. Very Happy

tiga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 18:01    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
In the middle of the floor as you were leaving Wink

I'm officially scared now, you all know what I look like and I don't know what you look like. Well, next time give me a shout, so we can meet Smile

btw I spotted myself (well actually my hair and back, with the dark yellow scarf) in this pic
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jamirotalk/JamiroquaiJamilyOBERHAUSEN211111#5677920824214975778

p

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 14:24    Reply with quote

Found that: So many people seem to be very angry about what happend:
http://www.derwesten.de/staedte/oberhausen/beschwerdeflut-nach-jamiroquai-konzert-in-der-koepi-arena-id6101175.html

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 17:56    Reply with quote

A massive THANK YOU for Derrick!!!! It's very kind of him to make it possible for us to come backstage Very Happy All bandmembers are really nice and it's like talking to friends!!! You cannot take that for granted. THANK YOU guys!! clapping

Sunnyday

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:06    Reply with quote

Also from me a big thank you to Derrick for giving Meike and us the passes! clapping
So nice to have the opportunity to talk with them again really. They are all so kind! Very Happy THANKS THANKS THANKS

And also to Jamily a big thank you, I am so happy to have found this website in the past and met some of you! It's just great to be around people who share the same passion; it feels like family and it means a lot to me Kiss
I had a great time at the concert and I hope to see you all again real soon.
Let's see what jamiroquai comes up with for 2012! Very Happy

Saorin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53    Reply with quote

First of all, hi everyone! =) I've just joined and it's nice to be a part of this!

I was at the concert in Oberhausen as well, and I don't know how many of you are actually German, so...
There has already been posted a link about the fans' reactions to the concerts above, but the thing is, there are loads of people who were pretty disappointed with the concert.
(On a side note: I found the sound to be quite a bummer, but aren't as outraged as many out there...I still had quite a good time there, apparently the music was so-so when you were standing in front of the stage, but got pretty blurry when you were seated further up.)

I think despite the fact that the gig had already been postponed once before, the late arriving wasn't even that much of problem - but then, when the sound was so bad, people were practically getting fully unnerved. I've read several opinions that said nobody would have been as angry if there had been another 30mins or whatever invested in a soundcheck. There were actually hundreds of concert-goers who left after the first songs and tons who ran to buy earplugs.

The bottom line is, there have been massive protests (mainly talking about facebook here) - well, the tickets weren't cheap and it's not as if the audience hadn't been ditched before... What I find kinda tragic though is the fact that many are blaming the band personally for that, it's going so far as that many say they wouldn't visit another concert again if this wasn't compensated in some way - on a German artist-rating-site, Jamiroquai's score has dropped some 2.0 points (5.0 to 3.0) just because of this messed up concert. This is the link

I see that people that had tickets for Oberhausen were practically disadvantaged not once but twice. And let me say that I personally am not as harsh - sadly, this is show business and nothing that can be fully controlled. Still, even I would have wished for some nicer sound.

Long story short, I've read that several of you were also there and that you apparently have pretty good contact to some of the band members. =) I find it absolutely terrible that this concert is currently damaging Jamiroquai's reputation in Germany a LOT, so I would have been interested in whether any of you know what the band actually thought about the gig and whether they might come back for another concert, which would at least console many people. There are so many feelings of resentment floating around at the moment and I think it would be pretty good to get rid of them.
Many people are claiming a free gig would console them (okay, pretty much unrealistic, probably almost as much as a concert at a little discount for visitors in Oberhausen?), but I think that simply another concert with decent sound in Oberhausen some time in the future (uhm, probably not too far =P) would help TONS.

So, I'm not sure whether Jamiroquai is aware of how much frustration this gig has really caused in Germany and how damaging it is...I'd be interested to know whether anyone is in touch with the band and could convey that?

Apart from that, let's keep the funk alive. =D Nice to meet you all!

Elvishmaid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:24    Reply with quote

The reaction of the people is understandable-the first concert was cancelled at short notice and the additional concert had very poor sound quality. And the tickets are rather expensive nowadays-many fans probably had travel expenses too.

I remember times when I could see Jamiroquai for 39 DM-which are approx. 20 Euros and the sound quality was very good.

So it's understandable when people feel let down or even betrayed.

Whether it's the band fault or not-is it really that difficult to give out a voucher for free tickets for the next Jamiroquai concert in Germany to the disappointed Oberhausen people?

Depeche Mode have been forced to cancel concerts and they have also found a way to make it up- for example by giving tickets to the fan clubs or by organizing additional concerts-even when they took place at the next tour.

Where there is a will there is also a way...

I don't mean to sound too harsh, but am I the only one who has the impression that JK is nowadays more interested in his cars than his career and that he just needs to finance his lifestyle?

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 13:48    Reply with quote

Sounds you had a really really great time!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 22:53    Reply with quote

Saorin wrote:
First of all, hi everyone! =) I've just joined and it's nice to be a part of this!

I was at the concert in Oberhausen as well, and I don't know how many of you are actually German, so...
There has already been posted a link about the fans' reactions to the concerts above, but the thing is, there are loads of people who were pretty disappointed with the concert.
(On a side note: I found the sound to be quite a bummer, but aren't as outraged as many out there...I still had quite a good time there, apparently the music was so-so when you were standing in front of the stage, but got pretty blurry when you were seated further up.)

I think despite the fact that the gig had already been postponed once before, the late arriving wasn't even that much of problem - but then, when the sound was so bad, people were practically getting fully unnerved. I've read several opinions that said nobody would have been as angry if there had been another 30mins or whatever invested in a soundcheck. There were actually hundreds of concert-goers who left after the first songs and tons who ran to buy earplugs.

The bottom line is, there have been massive protests (mainly talking about facebook here) - well, the tickets weren't cheap and it's not as if the audience hadn't been ditched before... What I find kinda tragic though is the fact that many are blaming the band personally for that, it's going so far as that many say they wouldn't visit another concert again if this wasn't compensated in some way - on a German artist-rating-site, Jamiroquai's score has dropped some 2.0 points (5.0 to 3.0) just because of this messed up concert. This is the link

I see that people that had tickets for Oberhausen were practically disadvantaged not once but twice. And let me say that I personally am not as harsh - sadly, this is show business and nothing that can be fully controlled. Still, even I would have wished for some nicer sound.

Long story short, I've read that several of you were also there and that you apparently have pretty good contact to some of the band members. =) I find it absolutely terrible that this concert is currently damaging Jamiroquai's reputation in Germany a LOT, so I would have been interested in whether any of you know what the band actually thought about the gig and whether they might come back for another concert, which would at least console many people. There are so many feelings of resentment floating around at the moment and I think it would be pretty good to get rid of them.
Many people are claiming a free gig would console them (okay, pretty much unrealistic, probably almost as much as a concert at a little discount for visitors in Oberhausen?), but I think that simply another concert with decent sound in Oberhausen some time in the future (uhm, probably not too far =P) would help TONS.

So, I'm not sure whether Jamiroquai is aware of how much frustration this gig has really caused in Germany and how damaging it is...I'd be interested to know whether anyone is in touch with the band and could convey that?

Apart from that, let's keep the funk alive. =D Nice to meet you all!

Hey, Saorin! Welcome to Jamirotalk!!

Sorry for the late reply, I just now saw your message - don't know why I missed it.

I absolutely know what you mean, because I feel the same as you. Had the same experience. I had seen the band this year in Berlin and Hamburg and at both gigs the sound was even worse than in Oberhausen, at least in the front where I was standing. In Berlin it had been so bad that I had to leave the front because I couldn't enjoy it at all.
So, I was quite happy that in Oberhausen it was not as bad - at least not in the front.

It was still not the best sound, I agree! But we had so much fun, nevertheless - I think one reason was that I was there with my Jamily friends, and for some other reasons. Singing along with the backing singers and the brass was one highlight, enjoying the solos of the bandmembers another one, those little details and changes in the songs... for me it was pure fun and I was so glad that the sound was at least ok in the front.

I have also noticed the massive protest from german fans at facebook and eventim... it makes me sad too.

Saorin, I would like to forward your posting to the bandmembers, if it's ok for you?! Maybe you want to change a few things or add anything? Let me know, please!
I know that the bandmembers can't do anything about it, but I could also try to contact the management as well and send them a copy of your message... I am not sure if they are aware of the massive bad vibes of the Oberhausen concert visitors...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: