jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai @ SUMMER SONIC 2012, Japan
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yusuke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 06:43    Reply with quote

Jamiroquai @ SUMMER SONIC 2012, Japan
8/18 Osaka
8/19 Tokyo
http://www.summersonic.com/2012/

Last edited by Yusuke on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:47; edited 1 time in total

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 01:26    Reply with quote

Re: Jamiroquai @ SUMMER SONIC 2012, Japan
Yusuke wrote:
2012.8.18-19

great news! hope that they make changes in the setlist!

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 05:12    Reply with quote

supersonic!!! Very Happy

russky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 13:28    Reply with quote

Re: Jamiroquai @ SUMMER SONIC 2012, Japan
Poderfunk wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
2012.8.18-19

great news! hope that they make changes in the setlist!

ahahahahaha!! Laughing

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 13:04    Reply with quote

Nice!

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 07:29    Reply with quote

YAY Japan good

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 18:32    Reply with quote

A second date in Japan should be announced shortly. No more for now...

flender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 01:52    Reply with quote

Holy shit
I gave up my hope !!! I thought the tour is over !
Anyway I won't be able to go to japan ....finger cross for my country...

Yusuke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 15:51    Reply with quote

Timetable was announced.
Jamiroquai's turn is 17:50~19:00.
I expect they play only 10 songs Sad
http://www.summersonic.com/2012/timetable/osaka0818_day.html

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 18:25    Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
Timetable was announced.
Jamiroquai's turn is 17:50~19:00.
I expect they play only 10 songs Sad
http://www.summersonic.com/2012/timetable/osaka0818_day.html

Well....that's pretty anti-climatic to hear but let's hope for a few new 'funked up versions' of their standards and a new song in this setlist. At least that's what I really want to see aired, remember, Jamiroquai does air new material in Japan before anywhere else in the past, I.E. Cannabliss/A Funk Odyssey. Look forward to seeing the live vids when they hit Youtube tomorrow and the next day. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Yusuke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 14:36    Reply with quote

Osaka has been cancelled Crying or Very sad

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 18:48    Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
Osaka has been cancelled Crying or Very sad

Sad ....jesus, I hope this doesn't mean their 2nd tourdate is also cancelled...why the heck for cancellation? Isn't like band didn't have enough time to prepare for these shows...maybe low ticket sales or promoter shortcomings caused this? Or maybe the ultimate recurring 'insult to injury', Universal Music fucked it up with miscommunications with promoters? Not my intention to stir the 'anti-Universal' rhetoric up again...just pains me to see this continued issue popping up with Jamiroquai's live show plans. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

EDIT: I apologize for that small diatribe there, just got around to reading about the gig being cancelled due to illness..cheers...

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 19:27    Reply with quote

Here is a cut n paste of a fan named JOsaka who went to the gig in Osaka and posted this on the newsitem about it on Funkin Site:

Osaka: My wife and I were there today.

The storm happened WELL BEFORE the cancellation was announced and thats not all.

First to be clear, this was the biggest lightning and rain storm in Osaka in a long while. Several parts of the city had power knocked out. Concert goers spent almost 3 hours huddled under awnings, in the nearby convenience store, and in a stadium at the festival location without any information. But hey you can't blame the weather..things happen.

As soon as the lightning let up (it was still raining and the grounds were a swampy mess), it was announced that the Ocean stage would be the first to open.

Thousands of soaked people, my wife and I included, made their way out from under cover to the Ocean stage to watch the road crew for the first act (Pitbull) fumble around the stage moving around some equipment and removing amplifiers and monitors. Meanwhile we could hear that the act on the Mountain stage (Cardigans) had already begun. After about an hour it was announced that Pitbull wouldn't be performing due to some alleged equipment problem.

I wasn't there to see him but thousands of people were and they were bitterly disappointed. Well these things happen and the storm was very intense.

With the rain continuing and immensely long lines for food and water, it was announced that Kessha (or however you spell her name) would be next on the Ocean stage. This would put her before Jamiroquai which was according to the lineup.

I can't stand her "music" so we went over to the Mountain Stage to watch Hoobstank (not much better but at least they play instruments) .

Since the main reason we...and practically everyone else...paid the equivalent of about 125 USD each and had stayed through the soaking and the lightning was to see Jamiroquai, we only watched Hoobastank perform 2 songs before heading back over to the Ocean stage as it would be tough to get back in given Jamiroquai's popularity.

The Ocean stage area was PACKED with people waiting for Jamiroquai to start now that Kessha (or whatever her name is) was finishing up.

With the rain having finally stopped, she ended her set. With the equipment change it would be about 30-45 minutes before Jamiroquai would start.

However about 15 minutes after the end of her set it was announced that Jamiroquai would not perform due to Jay Kay having a chest infection.

The crowd was ...very understandably...very very upset...now, had this been in my home country of the USA...there would have been a riot. But the Japanese are more stoic than my countrymen and there was only shocked disappointment... and man, were they ever disappointed and ANGRY and so am I.

Jay Kay didn't get sick right before the show; his "message" (as shown above) stated that he had been sick for over a week.

Therefore it stands to reason that the promoters or the band or both therefore knew before the start of the day...and certainly during the three hours of rain..that this was not going to happen. Personally, I doubt very much they were even in Osaka today.

This was inexcusably poorly handled.

1. If it was known today they should have posted an announcement at the entrance to the grounds so that before people entered they could consider what they were going to do with their tickets

2. If it was known only during the storm it should have been announced so that these good people could decide to go home and call it wash

3. If it was known only AFTER the storm, the cancellation of both Pitbull AND Jamiroquai should have been announced at the same time just to get it over with and so people could find a way to salvage their day.

But none of these things happened. Instead they waited until the last possible moment

With all the money that was paid by tens of thousands of people - some gesture...any gesture...by the promoters would have been appropriate.

It is understandable that refunds would have been impossible as their were other artists performing and sunk costs but they should have tried SOMETHING.

Instead they continued to gouge for food and drinks/bottled water and hawk t-shirts with the names of all the bands on the back and other memorabilia for shows that didn't happen....they should have just given the (expletive) t-shirts away.

If anyone from Jamiroquai reads this, and you informed the promoter in a timely manner...you need to take some action against them for the risks they made your fans take and the collateral damage their fumbling may have done to your reputation.

If you WERE complicit in all this (and I truly hope you were not): you need to be ashamed of yourselves for forgetting those people who have supported you for so very long.

Comment by JOsaka, 3 hours ago (x.83.x.117)

I really feel for the dude...also, here's JK's message to the Osaka fans that was put out after the cancellation announcement:

To all the Jamiroquai Fans in Osaka i am devistated at not being able to perform for you tonight for the whole week I have had a severe chest infection and though I have fort very hard to get rid of it ,try as I might I am finding impossible to sing due to the fact I cannot breath without coughing .I can only apologise from the bottom of my heart for disappointing you all and I promise myself and the band will make it up to you in the near future ,if I felt I could perform even at half my capacity I would do so at the drop of a hat I send lots of love to you all and hope you will understand ,thank you so much for all your support for over the years ,love and peace jay

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 21:59    Reply with quote

Sad poor thing . But I'm concerned for the infection, I pray that it' won't turn into something life threatening . This has been a tough tour .

John Doggett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 09:48    Reply with quote

Best recovering to you Jay Kay;
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: