jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

August 22nd - Seoul, Korea - Audi Live 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 13:13    Reply with quote

August 22nd - Seoul, Korea - Audi Live 2012
http://funkin.com/news/4175
New live date in Seoul for August 22nd (are we still calling this the RDLS tour?).
Tickets go on sale June 20th.

You'd have to doubt whether any new material will be played, but you never know!

http://audilive2012.audi.co.kr/main.asp

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 16:05    Reply with quote

you should go andy..it´s like just around the corner from yours!

focs19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 14:17    Reply with quote

I'm going to this concert! This'll be my first Jamiroquai concert... can't freakin' wait. The ticketing site says no cameras allowed. Should I follow this rule? I haven't been to many big-name concerts, but I never had a problem before. Thoughts?

When I was on funkin.com's comments(http://funkin.com/news/4175), I noticed there was a "CYRIL" that got a ticket to Korea. If I read his itinerary correctly, he'lll arrive on THURSDAY, but the concert is Wednesday. I think I remember a user on here or t he Jamirohub from years ago by the same name when I was more active. Anyone know this name or able to contact this user?
don't mean a thing

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 22:09    Reply with quote

hey man enjoy the concert!! the first live experience is always special!!!

just ignore " cyrils" post...I don´t want to do him wrong but he has a history of not being exactly truthful with his statements.

about the camera...if it´s not a big canon...If I was you I´d just put it in the bag..if somebody actually says something about you taking pics you can always put it away...

russky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51    Reply with quote

Cyril went to the Osaka gig apparently Laughing

2000 euros on a flight there for that poorly handled organisation & on the next night the same old set-list.

Shuffler is the way forward Exclamation Wink Very Happy

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 15:09    Reply with quote

yeah..I read it too...

funkyette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 18:38    Reply with quote

press conference before concert takes place

http://www.billboard.co.kr/v1/news_view.html?t=405&i=30021&v=1

translation (at best):

[Billboard Korea] six men faux British jazz band Jamiroquai (Jamiroquai) for a high proportion of the electronic sound of modern music, a sort of "fraud," said damper spurred

Jamiroquai lead vocals and 21, at a press conference held at the Grand Intercontinental Hotel Seoul Samsung-dong, Front Man, Jay Kay, about in the direction of the band, "I do not adapt well to the changes of music today seems to be" luck "behind releasing nowadays the most borrows the power of electronic devices and computer. Something like that, that I wondered a little live up to the hype, I think. Said 'collaboration' DJ got together with 'let' received several proposals, we plan to continue to solidify our position as a live band as it is now, "said conviction.

Felt the burden of physically several times this year, Jay Kay forty-three confessed. Also explained that in order for the arrangement of the physical reasons that have not appeared in festivals held around the world this year. "It was hard to make a song while on tour. Album coming up over a long period of time. Maybe older I hold a lot of energy falls, "he confessed. After opening Sept. 22 at 8 pm performances in the Seoul Jamsil-dong indoor gym, after-party "(after the show physically tough.) Could ever be. How did "does not decide whether he said.

Opened the first concert in Korea last 2008 years loved songs with pop melodies and funky jazz cross band Jamiroquai. UK charts at # 1, released 13 September 1993 'Emergency On Planet Earth (emergency on planet earth)' record was released in 1994, vol.2 'Return of the Space Cowboy (The return of the space cowboy)' Brit Awards, was nominated in five categories. Chapter sold 23 million raised by the hit song your print Nutty 'Virtual' Cosmic Girl (Cosmic Girl) 'Virtual Insanity' as

Evaluation Let delighted to pursue sophisticated music band called "hyped and full of energy". Fortunately, we do music of the time unaffected. When you play the song still debut was released in early chonseureopji that planet, "he said.

Korea who met four years ago, the audience recalled. "Keyboardist Matt Johnson still remember the cheers of the audience Korea. Beatles then I seemed to be, "said a member of a Beatles song title joked. Percussion Solar ahkingbolra yesterday ate Korean barbeque ribs, "was like (laughs). Mojito ate tasted here. Felt the taste was expecting as much as looking forward to the concert tomorrow. "He said. Jay Kay, about 75 times last year, the show was "the year in the rest concentrated. Relax and try new things. Tomorrow will be able to determine from the stage, "said confidence was

The world would you ever heard of the K-band Jamiroquai. They have seen the music video of Super Junior "he said. "Our music pumpin saw a Korean man dancing two. Who wonder, "he said. Nowadays popular worldwide are Sy did not mention the Jiangnan style.

British former Jamiroquai '2012 London Olympics' look at what you have felt. Vocals, Jay Kay looked at the Closing Ceremony performances in the last 12 days ahswiwotda he told us. Jay Kay '"Spice Girls reunion in five years, when the closing ceremony of the performances that look what we've thought. We swept the third-1990s big band was ... "said disappointed.

Jamiroquai fans in Korea and reunion. Gymnasium Seoul, Jamsil-dong, 22 at 8:00 pm, open up "Audi Live 2012 - Jamiroquai concert

focs19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 16:04    Reply with quote

Concert Review!
Wow wow wow. So it was my first Jamiroquai concert ever. I've been a fan for about 16 years and I'd never been able to see them in the states. I even missed the Rock in Rio concert in Madrid by a couple of days (and Amy Winehouse, too, RIP).

Firstly, the setlist:
Rock Dust Light Star
Main Vein
Revolution 1993
Cosmic Girl
High Times
Little L
Canned Heat (with some kind of recent live-version Alright intro?)
Space Cowboy
Love Foolosophy
Travelling Without Moving (with ROTSC style Scam intro and breaks/jams)
Alright
Deeper Underground (bass turned up to 11)
Encore: White Knuckle Ride

The song versions seemed pretty consistent with what has been played on the RDLS tour. I wish they'd played something from Dynamite, or maybe something more from RDLS.

One of the new backup singers appears to be new, but I didn't get any photos of her. The other two were Lorraine McIntosh and I think Valerie Etienne - she did have short hair. The new one appeared to be a redhead, but with all the lights, it was hard to tell.

The whole show was just about 1 hour 50 minutes, so it was a full set. The band sounded really good, and Jay's voice showed no signs of weakness. If I had any disappointment, it was TWM. I'm just really obsessed with the version from Abbey Road and that era with the slap bass intro.

Anyways, I'm really pleased. I decided not to bring a camera since I simply wanted to enjoy my first experience. My iphone photos aren't worth anything either, so sorry folks. Going to work in the morning's gonna be really sad - although - as I say that, I really must thank my work for letting me go to this concert! Very generous for a country where work is #1 for its citizens. Time to crashhhhh so hard into my bed!
don't mean a thing

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 16:34    Reply with quote

Re: Concert Review!
focs19 wrote:
I decided not to bring a camera since I simply wanted to enjoy my first experience.

Smart move, my friend!
Glad you enjoyed it Wink
There was an image floating around with a different setlist, which included Use The Force, Hey Floyd and All Good in the Hood. Weird.

Anjing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 06:10    Reply with quote

Re: Concert Review!
focs19 wrote:

One of the new backup singers appears to be new, but I didn't get any photos of her. The other two were Lorraine McIntosh and I think Valerie Etienne - she did have short hair. The new one appeared to be a redhead, but with all the lights, it was hard to tell.

Indeed, she was here for the Tokyo performance too, but I think she's not an unknown face. I think she appears in one of the TV performances the band has done in end 2006.

Glad you enjoyed it ! It's a good thing to have not taken any camera !

Cosmic Girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
Cyril went to the Osaka gig apparently Laughing

2000 euros on a flight there for that poorly handled organisation & on the next night the same old set-list.

Shuffler is the way forward Exclamation Wink Very Happy

He is doing a big fuss over on FB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25    Reply with quote

Cosmic Girl wrote:

He is doing a big fuss over on FB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ughhh yeh Rolling Eyes I kinda want to punch him , but cool pics Laughing

Cosmic Girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 15:33    Reply with quote

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Tiff

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 16:48    Reply with quote

in this review at j-love (http://www.j-love.info/news/archives/jamiroquai_20120824010625.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter) they said the band performed you are my love while practicing before the concert! Very Happy

Translation from Google:
Quote:

Arrive too early at the venue, sound practice I've heard.
Fast Persuader
Are You my love
Mr. Moon
yeah! ! Are you doing this for me? Had been excited, and
there was no play. Arrange live You are my love I've never heard of particularly good too
It gave me goose bumps.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 17:38    Reply with quote

You Are My Love? Hell yeah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: