jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

I'm tired
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

iranterres

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 20:00    Reply with quote

I'm tired
Seriously.

I'm tired of this morosity, Jamiroquai can no longer excite me as a band. I used to love them back in the 90's and 2000's but they today are just a shadow from what they used to be.

Jay has got up himself all over his mind and we don't see anything refreshing since AFO, WTF. Just look what they did the last album... The best songs did't even make it as released singles... Seriously...

I bet i'm not the only one with this rant. I'm sorry.

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 01:11    Reply with quote

Sad

ragadoodles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 08:27    Reply with quote

you´re not the only one, I´m totally agree with you.
So far I've bought every album unheard, but the next time it will not be so. They say the next album goes back to the roots,but if it´s the same bullshit like Dynamit and RDLS I`ll done with band.

John Doggett

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:11    Reply with quote

Re: I'm tired
iranterres wrote:
Seriously.
Jay has got up himself all over his mind and we don't see anything refreshing since AFO, WTF. Just look what they did the last album... The best songs did't even make it as released singles... Seriously...

It's a little bit unfair. Jamiroquai is A LIVE BAND : on stage they're still powerful ! The main difference is that the different majors don't want to put money like it used to be. And they want control, more than ever, every tracks !

It's a little bit harsh to say that Dynamite and RDLS are Bullshit : you can dislike both but, come on, WHO else did tracks like : Seven Days In Sunny June, Time Won't Wait, Shoot The Moon, Smoke and Mirrors, She's Fast Persuader or Hang it Over ?
There are brilliant tracks !
Check the Montreux Live 2003, The Secret Gig Scala 2007, The Paleo Live 2010 or Live Pression 2013, they are still powerfull (check the new reggae funk arrangement of Main Vein 12' !)

Keep the faith, Jamiroquai is Still here !

Wink

Curry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:34    Reply with quote

ragadoodles wrote:
you´re not the only one, I´m totally agree with you.
So far I've bought every album unheard, but the next time it will not be so. They say the next album goes back to the roots,but if it´s the same bullshit like Dynamit and RDLS I`ll done with band.

I happen to like RDLS and there are some keepers with Dynamite. Matter of fact I'm going to bet that there is at least 1 track from every album everyone likes. There isn't a single album that's bad from start to finish.

My beef with people wanting Jamiroquai to go back to their roots is that this is a bullshit statement. I've heard this time and time again and can honestly conclude that when people talk about their "roots," they're actually talking about the sound instead of any message or stance they were trying to make.

True, an album reflective of Emergency on Planet Earth would throw most in a state of bliss, but at the same time self-proclaimed "party people" would start whinging about there being no (danceable) funk because they're looking for their next "Little L" to show up.

Quite honestly I'm done with the club remixes and the disco treatment. I'd like to chill out again, think about a controversial stance in this crazy world, or would like to hear something more intimate like Smile.

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 14:47    Reply with quote

Dynamite and RDLS bullshit??? you are crazy man,
RDLS is one of their bests for me, a real pearl that shows a rocky face of Jamiroquai. But ok, is your opinion against mine.
I just hope they can make a great album soon...

iranterres

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:29    Reply with quote

Poderfunk wrote:
Dynamite and RDLS bullshit??? you are crazy man,
RDLS is one of their bests for me, a real pearl that shows a rocky face of Jamiroquai. But ok, is your opinion against mine.
I just hope they can make a great album soon...

He didn't say that RDLS is bullshit, he said about people willing Jamiroquai back to its roots that is...

Anyways...

I haven't created this topic to discuss about Jamiroquai returning to its roots or not, it is all about this staunch morosity that have been within' them since a long time, the single release selection from the last album clearly showed how important the audience input/feedback response was for them... It was not.

Another frustrating thing is the total lack of focus on the last 2 albums... for example, on Dynamite you had some fines pieces such as Time Won't Wait or Starchild, and when you think the album will gain some momentum you get terribly smashed with World That He Wants or Loveblind... come on... The album was overproduced and the instruments sounds dull, not even AFO that is all electronic ridden sound as dull as Dynamite, anyway, just my opinion.

As for RDLS things got a little less worse if comparing the album as a whole, but the singles selection once again proved to be bad, besides for Lifeline, the rest went downhill. The songs with the biggest potential (Two Completely Different Things, Se's a Fast Persuader, Hey Floyd) were left aside. Also, some songs feel like they were rushed or a lot of pieces put together, layer by layer (Hurtin'is the finest example)

All I dearly wished was to Jamiroquai to break free from this formula of the last two albums (half songs about cars, half about some random girl and put 2 or 3 of random topics). A truly good album, wich wll not necesarily chart, must be consistent and the band's lack of consistency itself has been plaguing it over the last 10 or 12 years. Also I don't feel any sense of unity in the band anymore, before people start saying jay is the main impetus behind the band, sit back there, really. is it a band or a guy? Why the hell the RDLS album cover is a picture of jay himself? Same for Dynamite. Why don't they make album covers for the beatles with John Lennon in front of it, or Jagger only Rolling Stones cover? Ridiculous.

Well I just think that the sucessive bandmember changes, personal interests, Jay's personal problems and egocentrism had taken it's toll on the "band". I fear we might never see anything GOOD coming from Jamiroquai anymore.

Aaaaanyway, just my opinion.

Last edited by iranterres on Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:34; edited 1 time in total

ElTouffoDrum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:32    Reply with quote

iranterres wrote:
Seriously.

I'm tired of this morosity, Jamiroquai can no longer excite me as a band. I used to love them back in the 90's and 2000's but they today are just a shadow from what they used to be.

I donno what to say. You know i'm born in 97, i know the band only since 2012, and when i listen to the three first album it's like if i know them since years and years.
The band just go one the shadow of what he was, just like our time. Many people are nostalgic of a time (the 80' 90'), you see it on the internet. But in real life, when we have to stand up against the cultural nothingness, where are they ?
The actual band is just a symbol of our actual society : nostalgy, hidden sadness and prefabricated happiness.

You know, i'm always depressed at the evening time. Laughing

ElTouffoDrum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:33    Reply with quote

ElTouffoDrum wrote:
iranterres wrote:
Seriously.

I donno what to say. You know i'm born in 97, i know the band only since 2012, and when i listen to the three first album it's like if i know them since years and years.
The band just go one the shadow of what he was, just like our time. Many people are nostalgic of a time (the 80' 90'), you see it on the internet. But in real life, when we have to stand up against the cultural nothingness, where are they ?
The actual band is just a symbol of our actual society : nostalgy, no value, despare people and prefabricated happiness.

You know, i'm always depressed at the evening time. Laughing

ElTouffoDrum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 21:34    Reply with quote

Oh i've got a problem with the message sending, sorry people Laughing

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 01:05    Reply with quote

Curry, did you take my words? You wrote what I would expect to write!
Laughing Laughing

So rather than get into that old discussion of whether Jamiroquai are good or not (Jamiroquai, as I've learned btw is a guy, who plays with a hired band. He apparently has the contract).

So Iranterres, who does it for you? Who is the artist today?
I just wonder. Do you have that one supreme artist?

I'm so glad I don't have to pick just one artist that does it for me.
I can have many favorites at the same time. and my interests wax & wane toward them. It's like flavor of the week.
And each artist has flaws, but they grow on me.

And I definitely think Jamiroquai are a LIVE band- they are above the rest in live performances.
Dynamite was over-produced. But I like effects.
RDLS was produced as more organic, less production to appease the early fans who complained! (I like Lifeline best too!) Surprised

@ElTouffoDrum -don't be depressed! Listen to Smile!
but don't listen to The World that he Wants because it is one of the deepest, darkest, best tunes written by Jamiroquai.

music is meant to move you, make you happy (clap along) or make you dance or even sad.

and if you want something from the band, their stuff is out in March!
I can't wait!

Curry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 15:08    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
Curry, did you take my words? You wrote what I would expect to write!
Laughing Laughing

Lol, oh you! Razz

But I agree, The World He Wants was one of he best songs he's written. I mean, obviously you don't listen to it if you're in the mood to be happy! lol

iranterres wrote:
Seriously.

So AFO was the album that did it for you, then? Was it because it kept the mood up all the way through or was it because nothing hit you so hard it made you stop and think?

Or maybe it's not even the fact that it's the album, but the marketing behind the album? If that's the case, I don't understand it either. However sometimes people hit rock bottom with their creativity, like their muse is gone and they need to find it again. Perhaps he placed his trust in the wrong hands? Would explain the treatment of the last album. The cover wasn't the greatest, even for the North American release...2 years later...

Now that I think about it, I'm quite sure it's him placing his trust with the wrong people or not properly micromanaging is affairs.

ElTouffoDrum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 18:01    Reply with quote

I just came back to look quickly to th oldest'posts of this forum (2002).

Only one guy get worried by the new direciton of the band.. But as i'm a nostalgic of the 00' (and what i can remember about Laughing ), i came to like AFO (even if is the last album in my ranking of Jamiro albums). Smile

And now Jay's trust is based on the AFO glory and popularity i think... His Jazzman's hand bring sometimes little reference to EOPE/TROSPC but we have to be smart, even if i love Jay, SORRY FOR ANY VULGARITY : He didn't give a f*ck about what we're thinking about the band, and as long as he will jerk off on his car, he will not try to get the first vibes of EOPE/TWM

And we need it, in our time the real Jamiro would be good. Really Sad

ElTouffoDrum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 18:01    Reply with quote

ElTouffoDrum wrote:
I just came back to look quickly to th oldest'posts of this forum (2002).

Only one guy get worried by the new direciton of the band.. But as i'm a nostalgic of the 00' (and what i can remember about Laughing ), i came to like AFO (even if is the last in my ranking of Jamiro albums). Smile

And now Jay's trust is based on the AFO glory and popularity i think... His Jazzman's hand bring sometimes little reference to EOPE/TROSPC but we have to be smart, even if i love Jay, SORRY FOR ANY VULGARITY : He didn't give a f*ck about what we're thinking about the band, and as long as he will jerk off on his car, he will not try to get the first vibes of EOPE/TWM

And we need it, in our time the real Jamiro would be good. Really Sad

ElTouffoDrum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 18:02    Reply with quote

Damn it i really get a problem with the post ! I think i confuse quote et edit Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: