jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Jamiroquai summer single on the way
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

funkyleah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 22:38    Reply with quote

New Jamiroquai summer single on the way
Hello Jamily!

I checked out Paul Turner's Twitter again today to update myself on the latest Jamiroquai news, and I noticed something exciting:

Yep, Jamiroquai are (hopefully) releasing a single this Summer!!
I'm so excited, and I'm sure all of you are too. It's been five years since we've heard a new song from them, so knowing that new music is going to be here really soon is very exciting news. Very Happy

If anyone has any updates on the single, please post them here!

Trolll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 09:25    Reply with quote

It's great that we have Paul Turner to keep us a bit informed, he's a great guy.
However, I can't help but being a bit pissed about the band's communication overall. As soon as the new single pops out, some social media manager will be all around the place asking us to "support, like, share, retweet and buy" while we've been left out in the blue and ignored for YEARS.
The latest sign of life on the official website is from 15 months ago, and the latest actual news about an event was posted 2 years ago. Same for social media accounts, that just post a Youtube link every other month.

If it wasn't for Paul, we probably wouldn't even know they've found their way to a recording studio. A small 30 seconds interview of Jay saying "Hi guys, we know it's been a while, but we're recording a new album, it's gonna be massive and I can't wait to share it with you all" can be recorded in no time and would have made a huge difference. Small audio snippets, a couple of pictures in the studio, any sign of consideration for the fans would have been a great satisfaction to all of us.

Of course, when the single is released, we'll all rush out to listen to it. But so far, they have totally failed building up any kind of excitement or expectation around the release.

But, once again, thank you Paul for keeping in touch with the fans !

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 19:57    Reply with quote

Troll -we can't expect anything from anybody.
just happy there's some communication for a heads up.

tallulah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 09:29    Reply with quote

I hope this is legit ahhhh Very Happy

msammon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 13:13    Reply with quote

absolutely true.

Trolll wrote:
It's great that we have Paul Turner to keep us a bit informed, he's a great guy.
However, I can't help but being a bit pissed about the band's communication overall. As soon as the new single pops out, some social media manager will be all around the place asking us to "support, like, share, retweet and buy" while we've been left out in the blue and ignored for YEARS.
The latest sign of life on the official website is from 15 months ago, and the latest actual news about an event was posted 2 years ago. Same for social media accounts, that just post a Youtube link every other month.

If it wasn't for Paul, we probably wouldn't even know they've found their way to a recording studio. A small 30 seconds interview of Jay saying "Hi guys, we know it's been a while, but we're recording a new album, it's gonna be massive and I can't wait to share it with you all" can be recorded in no time and would have made a huge difference. Small audio snippets, a couple of pictures in the studio, any sign of consideration for the fans would have been a great satisfaction to all of us.

Of course, when the single is released, we'll all rush out to listen to it. But so far, they have totally failed building up any kind of excitement or expectation around the release.

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 14:22    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:

+1

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 19:32    Reply with quote

I assume the leaked info from a band member is a planned communication. Either way, thanks for the info Paul!

msammon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 04:08    Reply with quote

i doubt planned communication.

i feel they are still shopping a record label to promote the album and Paul understands the need to answer fans. But Jay simply is dead to the fact the industry is different and is too far behind in technology to care.

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 14:02    Reply with quote

That's exactly what I was saying to my friend the other day, Mike. Jay is still
stuck in the 90s in the way he feels things should be done. Because there was nothing like social media back then, it was: nose to the grindstone, not a word about what we're doing and finally "hi we're back" a month and a half before the album releases.

I personally don't care for social media, but it must be nice for fans of other bands to have the communication and snippets of whatever because it is so easy and accessible. I don't think " The Label" is gonna care about a 30 second video of rehearsal in the studio. Especially if it is uploaded by the band itself!

I could goon but it would just be repetition of a lot of these brilliant things that have already been aired in frustration.

Fingers crossed for the next 4ish months...

msammon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 15:54    Reply with quote

yup exactly. they did it last time and they will do it again. they will always be my favorite band and that is why i am so critical of them. i want them to be more than a overseas band. artists have sold more records than them in one album than they have in 24 years. a big reason is social media now a days. they just lack communication. i dont think it will ever change unless jay gets out of his bubble. if he doesnt then i think this will be the last album. i hope social media revives his career but he appears to stuck up to accept.

Trolll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:05    Reply with quote

Hi there,

Hadn't checked the topic in a while, but I see we all pretty much agree.
Indeed, regarding social media and "online relationship", I think that nowadays, with Youtube and all the online services, buying a record is an "act of support".

I buy music from small artists that I think do a great job and, really, deserve to "get my money" (and I try to buy directly from them or their label). You need to feel close to the artist. When people buy music, it's often because it deserves being bought and not just because it "sounds cool" like it was in the 90's. Back then I would buy pretty much anything that I liked. Now I buy the music that I love.

Jamiroquai sure need to work on their online presence. Nowadays, you just don't "drop" an album like that. Big or small artist, no one's waiting for you.

In the 90's, a new album by U2, Madonna (and Jamiroquai) could NOT be missed. Anyone slightly interested in music, even if they didn't like the artist, knew that Michael Jackson had released a new single, it was all over the radio, TV and press. It's not the case anymore.

I sure hope the next album will be a) good b) a success... At least, I'm confident they're still a great live band and their luck is that, even without a major hit, they can still sell out huge venues. Today, that's the main strong point of the band. Fingers crossed! Smile

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 17:38    Reply with quote

that's because Madonna and U2 needed media to sell albums.
Razz

you guys are too harsh. I hate some of the bullshit media today trying to sell music that isn't worthy.

They just need to get it to the American audience this time. (not because America is best but because that's where I live)

msammon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 03:12    Reply with quote

ya but no way they will make it to the usa if they dont use media bc i dont believe will want to visit if the album doesnt do well. wouldnt be worth his time. and i dont want to be harsh but tough love is good love

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 22:05    Reply with quote

msammon wrote:
i dont want to be harsh but tough love is good love

Laughing either way I'll still own the cd!
Good music can also sell itself.
Do you think Mark Ronson's song "Uptown Funk" made it cuz it was marketed? it crossed into pop culture.

msammon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 18:10    Reply with quote

ya ill still buy the cd more likely because i enjoy the music. i hope others buy it too bc if not then more likely there will be no usa tour.

i want them to succeed, but im sure maybe its only me and francois that believe J's social media existence, connection to fans between albums is pathetic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: