jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Stevie's Wonder Men - Malcolm Cecil & Robert Margouleff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 15:19    Reply with quote

Stevie's Wonder Men - Malcolm Cecil & Robert Margouleff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-sGGEWw5Ls

This is the story of the collaboration between Stevie Wonder & the two men responsible for his new sound in the 70s, Malcolm Cecil & Robert Margouleff. Together they would go on to create what many people consider to be Stevie's classic period of music:

Music of My Mind (1972)
Talking Book (1972)
Innervisions (1973)
Fulfillingness' First Finale (1974)

[And also much of the material that would see release on Songs in the Key of Life after the break up. (1976)]

This article also goes into great detail regarding the involvement between Stevie, Malcolm & Robert:
http://www.waxpoetics.com/features/articles/malcolm-cecil-stevie-wonder-classic-innervisions/

I feel that the events described here largely explain why Stevie Wonder's output suffered After the 70s wrapped up. While Stevie continued to release good music throughout the 80s I don't feel that any of his work holds up to the incredible run he experienced in the 70s.

In many ways I also think these events mirror what happened with Jamiroquai. After Stu left and then Toby, the band seemed to lose it's original groove. I do look forward to future releases with optimism however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: