jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Jamiroquai summer single on the way
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 18:48    Reply with quote

Yeah just make albums and put them online

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 19:57    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
Yeah just make albums and put them online

First off, great to see daily fan discussion activity back on JamiroTalk after such a long time! Second off, Jamiroquai as a band is still a 'business' and when a band, with large back catalogue of music and plenty of functioning revenue streams, much like Radiohead/beforementioned artists, then they have that freedom to do whatever they want. Now Jamiroquai could do this, but still in the end they will need to make a profit/money, whether centralized on the 'touring' end or not, and doing this costs ALOT of money/energy/time. I'm not saying Jamiroquai don't have the gumption to this, but with how unsettled the world's economy is and varying on what the current financial stability is in JK/band, it's really up to them to do what they can do within their means for the fanbase.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 01:14    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:

Everyone sees things differently in their "relationship" with the band

I don't have a relationship with the band. In fact one of the bandmembers had "unfriended" me in social media. Laughing Laughing It doesn't bother me, we're not really 'friends'.

JamiroFan -I think a young, branded artist has a company investing the money in a tour, success or failure. Jamiroquai are now on their own, so it can only be an investment for success. I'm assuming, I really don't know.

Trolll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 14:16    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
Trolll wrote:

Everyone sees things differently in their "relationship" with the band

I don't have a relationship with the band. In fact one of the bandmembers had "unfriended" me in social media. Laughing Laughing It doesn't bother me, we're not really 'friends'.

Damn, I don't know where/how/why communication fails between us, but it seems it pretty much always does in this topic.
When I say relationship, I'm not necessarily talking about love / friendship or whatever, I mean just what the word says, "relationship". It can be relationship with your boy/girlfriend, your boss, your neighbours, a brand...

As Dye perfectly summed it up, the band doesn't owe anything to anyone, and I totally agree. I'm not friends with anyone from the band on FB (just Nick Van Gelder which might not be the best option for flashing news!), I just check their pages once in a while. I've never tried to be friends with anyone in real life and never really tried to meet Jay as I wouldn't have much to tell him (in the end, the only time I met him, he just asked me... where the toilets were!). Now I hope this makes my own context clearer. I'm no frustrated attention whore trying to get Jay's autograph "because I deserve it". I'm just here for the music, and caring for a band I (still) love.

Jay (probably not the other members) is indeed rich enough to do what he wants for the rest of his life. He has the power and freedom to do what he wants the way he wants.

On their end, the public also have the power to do what they want. They can decide to buy albums or not, they can decide to attend gigs or not. It's a very basic supply and demand relationship. The band provides the "product" that fits their purpose, and the public sees if they want that product.

...and the balance between the two is precisely what we've been discussing over the last three pages.

In three weeks, we'll have the 20th birthday of 'Virtual Insanity" (and the 20 years of TWM right after). The single and the album that put Jamiroquai into orbit worldwide. Do you think anything will happen? (besides the Youtube video posted on their Facebook page if we're lucky?). Everyone would go wild if they recorded a rendition in Jay's studio and post it online, that would be ace!

I'll end this (yet other and hopefully final) long rant by a sentence Jay wrote in the Dynamite liner notes: "I'd like to thank all the people who hail me out and say hello. It's very cool" ... That's all we ask from you Jay/Jamiroquai, to say "Hello", cause your fans also think it's cool indeed.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 02:57    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:

Damn, I don't know where/how/why communication fails between us, but it seems it pretty much always does in this topic.
When I say relationship, I'm not necessarily talking about love / friendship or whatever, I mean just what the word says, "relationship". It can be relationship with your boy/girlfriend, your boss, your neighbours, a brand...

I'm no frustrated attention whore trying to get Jay's autograph "because I deserve it".

ok sorry to bust your balls!! Razz
one day they'll come out and say hello to you, maybe Wink
20 years already?! Wow!

msammon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:28    Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll end this (yet other and hopefully final) long rant by a sentence Jay wrote in the Dynamite liner notes: "I'd like to thank all the people who hail me out and say hello. It's very cool" ... That's all we ask from you Jay/Jamiroquai, to say "Hello", cause your fans also think it's cool indeed.

100.1% agree.

smellbob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 13:40    Reply with quote

I think the only person I follow from Jamiroquai on social media is Stuart Zender, he's pretty chill. I know Jay posts on the facebook page from time to time but he's not on social media, that's not really his thing.

msammon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 14:49    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:
I think the only person I follow from Jamiroquai on social media is Stuart Zender, he's pretty chill. I know Jay posts on the facebook page from time to time but he's not on social media, that's not really his thing.

whats from time to time? when an album is released? and even too it looks so scripted and not geniune. but if the internet isnt his thing then it doesnt bother me

tallulah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:24    Reply with quote

I wonder if they're actually going back to Emergency On Planet Earth vibes. Like fuck that would be sick. I hope it's something ahead though, weird and shit you know, completely different.

Trolll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 16:29    Reply with quote

Not sure if that's supposed to mean anything, but the "Jamiroquai VEVO" channel on Youtube uploaded most/all tracks from Synk/AFO/Dynamite today. At least, it looks like someone's working on something! Wink
(One week ago, they also uploaded the full "deluxe" version of ROTSC)

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 18:28    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
Not sure if that's supposed to mean anything, but the "Jamiroquai VEVO" channel on Youtube uploaded most/all tracks from Synk/AFO/Dynamite today. At least, it looks like someone's working on something! Wink
(One week ago, they also uploaded the full "deluxe" version of ROTSC)

Yeah, I noticed that too, just last week they uploaded the standard album tracks for "Return Of The Space Cowboy" too...something's afoot! Smile

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 02:47    Reply with quote

maybe you guys should be Eminem fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKy9tWLs1E&list=PLC0w3lEHx2SHM-wADDTn32H56ROOhM_yX
00-12 seconds

I pulled this album out today and heard a thank you on song 2!
Laughing

John Doggett

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 09:46    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
maybe you guys should be Eminem fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKy9tWLs1E&list=PLC0w3lEHx2SHM-wADDTn32H56ROOhM_yX
00-12 seconds

I pulled this album out today and heard a thank you on song 2!
Laughing

Ha ha ! Well done ! Laughing

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 19:31    Reply with quote

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: