jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Album "Automaton" Coming on 31 March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vincenzo89

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 20:05    Reply with quote

is not just a matter of taste , the jamiroquai are capable of producing impressive Staff also changing genre as in TWM and Synkronized but dynamite has some pop songs that you can hardly define good music accustomed to their abilities

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 15:05    Reply with quote

It is just a matter of Taste.
I think Michael Jackson produced a lot of crap. Even Prince.
but my friend thinks that one song is the bomb.
But I love Prince and early MJ.

So we all get something different out of music. And the one song you don't like you'll catch yourself singing. Razz

Javis is right. We all fall in love with a particular album. That's the hook.
Who cares what others think of what music you love!

You can look at music technically or with your heart.

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 17:10    Reply with quote

Golomeen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:58    Reply with quote

Heart is important as well as mind
To me, good music settles on three whales: (alpha-ordered)
Beauty
Innovation
Skills

in music they are like cheap-fast-quality in business

iranterres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 13:39    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:

Totally agree with you here.

The thing is, I got to know Jamiroquai when Dynamite was released, and, in despite of what most of the fans here think of it, that was the album which hooked me up. With time I also enjoyed listening to the first albums more and more, to the point that I'm of the opinion they are better than the later ones too.

Still, I like to play Dynamite when I'm in the mood, because it sounds so different that they are not even the same genre.

I'll be thankful for having a new Jamiroquai album. It might be a bad album, but so far, I never felt they let me down with their music, I'm the kid of person who enjoy both kind of music.

For instance, you named Angeline as a bad song, and I love it. I enjoy every little detail of it. I even got to contact Rob to ask him what instrument was a sound in the background of the song.

There's no point in discussing if an album is good or bad really. As you said, it's a matter of taste.

But all see your comments in the past few years were always negative, I just wanted to bring that to your attention.

You got some good points there Javis.

I have to admit that lately I have been quite negative towards some aspects of them and on what I expect about their new releases, I grew up listening to them since I know them from the very beginning, so it kinda got me bounded into my childhood/teenagehood, so looking back and seeing what they have evolved into does not always pleases me, because back then, there was a much stronger context behind what they used to do and I don' see it now.

Still, I have seen a lot of musicmanship on their last albums, specialy RDLS, but I found it to be very irregular and as you do, I like Dynamite more.

But yea yea, It's all about taste and you guys are right, and I want to see new and good stuff from them as much as you do.

Thanks.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 21:14    Reply with quote

I'm gonna put myself in a cryogenic chamber until 2019 and then see what happened because I can't wait any longer.
See you then!

funkyleah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 20:25    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
I'm gonna put myself in a cryogenic chamber until 2019 and then see what happened because I can't wait any longer.
See you then!

Honestly, same. See you in there Wink

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 19:48    Reply with quote

According to Matt, no new single this month.
Fonte wanna be negative but this is one step further on another change on topics title.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 01:05    Reply with quote

Jam Vibe wrote:
According to Matt, no new single this month.

Well so much for that :/ I think I'm with Dye at this point lol, just gonna have to stop visiting Jamirotalk daily and go on a media blackout (not like there's any media for the band to begin with). That way, I'll be totally surprised one day when a single is put out or the album name is released or the band plays a new track at a concert like they did with RDLS.

msammon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 04:40    Reply with quote

same here. no following jamiroquai members or group on social media. let them grab my attention with good music or a social media blitz. other than that i can ALMOST not care

PeACE

smellbob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:09    Reply with quote

iranterres wrote:
Javis wrote:

The thing is, I got to know Jamiroquai when Dynamite was released, and, in despite of what most of the fans here think of it, that was the album which hooked me up. With time I also enjoyed listening to the first albums more and more, to the point that I'm of the opinion they are better than the later ones too.

Still, I like to play Dynamite when I'm in the mood, because it sounds so different that they are not even the same genre.

I'll be thankful for having a new Jamiroquai album. It might be a bad album, but so far, I never felt they let me down with their music, I'm the kid of person who enjoy both kind of music.

For instance, you named Angeline as a bad song, and I love it. I enjoy every little detail of it. I even got to contact Rob to ask him what instrument was a sound in the background of the song.

There's no point in discussing if an album is good or bad really. As you said, it's a matter of taste.

But all see your comments in the past few years were always negative, I just wanted to bring that to your attention.

I have to admit that lately I have been quite negative towards some aspects of them and on what I expect about their new releases, I grew up listening to them since I know them from the very beginning, so it kinda got me bounded into my childhood/teenagehood, so looking back and seeing what they have evolved into does not always pleases me, because back then, there was a much stronger context behind what they used to do and I don' see it now.

Still, I have seen a lot of musicmanship on their last albums, specialy RDLS, but I found it to be very irregular and as you do, I like Dynamite more.

But yea yea, It's all about taste and you guys are right, and I want to see new and good stuff from them as much as you do.

Thanks.

I agree. I am one of the few people who did not care for the majority of the RDLS sessions that we heard so far.

"Two Completey Different Things", "She's a Fast Persuader", "Lifeline", and "Smile", are the only songs I think I listened to more than three times lol.

I feel in love with Jamiroquai because of their R&B, Jazz, Funk, this white guy who sounds like Stevie Wonder vibe lol.

Majority of RDLS sessions that have been released, I don't know, like he was trying to copy Robbie Williams or something. They were kinda alternative rockish and kinda indie sounding. It's not my thing, but there are people who are into that.

I like more of the urban sounds. Jazz, Soul, R&B, Funk, Disco, etc.

Curry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:49    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:
iranterres wrote:
Javis wrote:

Thanks.

I agree. I am one of the few people who did not care for the majority of the RDLS sessions that we heard so far.

"Two Completey Different Things", "She's a Fast Persuader", "Lifeline", and "Smile", are the only songs I think I listened to more than three times lol.

I feel in love with Jamiroquai because of their R&B, Jazz, Funk, this white guy who sounds like Stevie Wonder vibe lol.

Majority of RDLS sessions that have been released, I don't know, like he was trying to copy Robbie Williams or something. They were kinda alternative rockish and kinda indie sounding. It's not my thing, but there are people who are into that.

I'm not sure when you were born, but they were labeled as Alternative here in the US back in the 90's, so anything they do really isn't a stretch from that. Though, nowadays, I haven't been able to see any of their albums around where I live. So I've no clue what I can find them under if I ever went into a store.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 16:32    Reply with quote

who goes to the record stores these days?
Our local Harmony House have all closed down due to Amazon.
You've got Meijer & Target but it's all kiddy pop and crappy country.

Smellbob quote:
Quote:

Yes exactly my favorite genres. Sounds more polished then a bunch of pop. Where do you hear of Robbie Williams in the US Smellbob? I;ve only heard of him on these forums! Laughing
And Stevie sounds great, but Jami doesn't need to be Stevie.

smellbob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 19:44    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:

I'm not sure when you were born, but they were labeled as Alternative here in the US back in the 90's, so anything they do really isn't a stretch from that. Though, nowadays, I haven't been able to see any of their albums around where I live. So I've no clue what I can find them under if I ever went into a store.

That is so bullshit lol. I'm sorry.

I'm a 90s baby yes, but I have always been mature for my age and I know quite a bit as to how Jamiroquai came to North American soil.

I do know Alternative College Rock in the 90s here in the states was really big and popular, but that's not what Jamiroquai was when they debuted here.

Before "Virtual Insanity", Jamiroquai despite being very successful in Europe, Japan and Australia, as far as America was concerned were unknown.

Unless you were a music collector/guru or DJ etc, "Virtual Insanity" and the TWM album was the first time you heard Jamiroquai here in United States and Canada.

"Virtual Insanity" is very much a bluesy jazzy hip-hop ish song. It's not alternative at all if you ask me.

Being that they are an imported act in a sense, I guess it's "Alternative" in that sense. But they aren't like Smashing Pumpkins or Radiohead or No Doubt. lol.

When people hear "Virtual Insanity" "Alright" "Canned Heat" "Cosmic Girl" all tracks they debuted to United States with, it's very clear they are of R&B/Jazz/Funk/Disco traits.

All artists that are on the pop charts will by default be classified as pop yes, which makes it difficult, but Jamiroquai is much more than that.

I do agree Jamiroquai is and should not be labeled as a Jazz and Funk band, they basically have done every genre you can think of, but I can't agree with you and say that when Jamiroquai was labeled strictly as an "Alternative" band when they debuted here.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 20:21    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

Before "Virtual Insanity", Jamiroquai despite being very successful in Europe, Japan and Australia, as far as NORTH America was concerned were unknown.

I fixed that for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 28 of 61

Jump to: