jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai in Denmark - Skanderborgfestival 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Miss Mary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 18:03    Reply with quote

Jamiroquai in Denmark - Skanderborgfestival 2006
Jamiroquai
is coming to DENMARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
woiwowowoowowuioqhgkjc,gef78ka+coz
Im going crazy!
I dont know what date yet but check www.skanderborgfestival.dk or www.smukfest.dk
Its a family-festival hahaha with lots of huge names!
Dont know if they have english translation!
Seee yooooooooooooooooooooooou?

LOVE from the happiest
Miss Mary Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 18:14    Reply with quote

Great MissMary!! Very Happy I am so happy for you!! 2hug

Keep us informed about the exact date, if you know more, please!!

I guess that some more european tourdates will pop up soon... 2scratchchin

Mouse

mojogonlopoto
JamilyTree Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 18:20    Reply with quote

I want jamiroquai to come to Spain...Again

SweDanFunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 09:10    Reply with quote

will they come to a sweden festival!?
I want to go to a concert an not to a whole festival.
Globen!

sarah5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 15:52    Reply with quote

Anybody who knows if it's possible to get hold of tickets to that concert? Rolling Eyes Because as far as I can remember saturday was outsold when I checked the last time and that was in May! Confused

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 05:06    Reply with quote

Any report from this show? Wasn't it yesterday?
Anyway, the wire had some articles about it....don't know what the hell they say, but if anyone reads Danish, enjoy:

http://www.jp.dk/kultur/artikel:aid=3891826/

http://www.fyens.dk/article/676602

sarah5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 19:03    Reply with quote

I wanted to go to that concert, but the tickets were outsold in April, so.... Sad . Anyway, thank's for the links to those articles deesh. I don't speak danish, but hopefully I'll be able the understand most of it. Confused Smile

Miss Mary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:59    Reply with quote

Im back from the festival!
[size=24]Eeey everybody!
What a nice concert with Jamiroquai last saturday!
Dont have the tracklist, but they played usual festival tracks, nothing surprizing..
Ill start by translating the biggest danish newspaper review,- it sais it all:
[/size]

In danish :

Jamiroquai, Bøgescenerne, lørdag aften
Og her gik man rundt og troede, at dans og disco foregår på rigtige gulve i mørke lukkede rum. Lørdag aften blev begge fordomme hamret godt og grundigt ned i bøgeskovens undergrund, da tusinder gik i total danse-mode og lod gummistøvlerne tale.

Årsagen var to ting. En lille engelsk sprællemand med underlig hat, fin humor og en kosmisk musikalitet. Og den anden forklaring: Et sindssygt groovy band, der spillede så tight, at kun en lam kunne stå stille.

Jay Kay og Jamiroquai leverede i den grad varen på Danmarks Smukkeste Festival og levede fuldt og helt op til den topnavn-forpligtelse, festivalen i år havde beæret det engelske funk-band med lørdag aften på Bøgescenerne.

Han startede med et smil med efterlysning af marihuana, den lille spirrevip fra London - bandet var løbet tør og var der blandt publikum nogen med den slags, måtte de gerne donere det til "The Jamiroquai Marihuana Fond".

Funk med finesse
Fis og ballade og så blev festen skudt i gang med hits som "Cosmic Girl" og "Space Cowboy", "Revolution" og titelnummeret fra det seneste album "Dynamite".

Funk med finesse - totaTl overlegent lagt til rette af bassist Paul Turner og trommeslager Derrick McKenzie. Alt sammen håndspillet og organisk, og på den bund kunne guitarist Rob Harris og keyboardmand Matt Johnson lægge sig smukt til rette. På toppen af lagkagen lå så Jay Kay i tjekkede vokal-dueller med sit tre-kvinders kor.

Prince ligger lige for på tungen, når man ser og hører Jay Kay. Samme spil på mand/kvinde-mixet og samme energi, men en klon af amerikaneren er Jay Kay langt fra, og tilsat en god portion engelsk humor, ydmyghed overfor sit publikum og smitteglæden ved musikken gør Jay Kay til sin helt egen. En funkfætter af en anden engelsk verden.

Skoven i svingninger
Jamiroquai sluttede med en hårdtpumpet version af "Deeper Underground" og Jay Kays opfordring til "jump", og så stod bøgeskoven og gyngede. Og da nummeret afsluttede med en vildt dyb, faldende synth-bas-tone troede man til sidst, at undergrunden var sat i svingninger.

Måske var det lige præcis fordommen om Skanderborg og rocken, der blev groundet, for de smukke på den smukkeste er absolut også til funk og disco - i hvert fald når bandet hedder Jamiroquai.

Shit, det var funky, det der.

In english (as far as I can Smile
Jamiroquai, At the sceen In the Woods, saturday
And you were walking around, believing actually, that dance and disco was a part of the indoor floors and dark closed clubs. (I guess with the disco lights on only).. Saturday night both of my prejudice was slammed and stomped right and well deep down into the underground of the woods, when thousands went into total dance-mood and helped them rubberboots speak for them selves.

The reason was two things. One little spling jumping jack mith a weird hat, fine humor, and a cosmic musicality. And the other: One Og den anden forklaring: One mind-expanding groovy band, who played as tight, so that only a paralysed could stand still.

Jay Kay and Jamiroquai definetely had it to such an extent on Denmarks Most Beautiful Festival that they lived up to (and more) the top-name- commitment, that the festival had honered the english funkband with this year in the woods saturday night.

He started with a smile, by advertising for marihuana,-the little crazy lively little thing from London,- the band had run out, and was there any among the audience, who possessed that kind of stuff, they could please donate it to "The Jamiroquai Marihuana Fond".

Funk with finesse
Crazy trouble started the party up with hits like "Cosmic Girl" and "Space Cowboy", "Revolution" and the main titel track from the latest album "Dynamite".

Also funk with finesse totally supercilious put at ease by the the baseplayer Paul turner and drummer Derrick McKenzie. Everything handplayed and organic, and with that fabules fundament the guitarplayer Rob Harris og keyboardfunkster Matt Johnson blend in beautifully! On top of the cake lay Jay Kay in cozycrazy vocalduels with his threeclover woman-choir.

Prince lies there right ahead, when you see and hear Jay Kay. The same game of male/female energy, even though a clone of the guy is far apart, but with a big good portion of english humor, humility towards his audience, and the contagious joy to the music makes Jay Kay his own eccentric. A queer fish of another world.

The Woods in swaainngs- big vibrations
Jamiroquai ended the concert with a hardpumped version of "Deeper Underground" and Jay Kays invitation to "jump", made the entire forest skake. And when the track finished off with an expanding deep lowering synth-base-tone people almost litterally believed that the underground was boggy (tossed around)

Maybe it actually was the prejudice about Skanderborg and the rock, that was grounded, because the most beatiful people on the most beautiful is absolutely also into funk and disco,- especially when the band is called Jamiroquai!

Damn thats funky, that shit!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 13:17    Reply with quote

Awww.. Miss Mary - so nice to hear from you! Actually, I was thinking of you last week and was wondering if you had been to that festival!! Glad you had a good time! Very Happy

Thanks for the translation! Hey, and you even got "Dynamite" - not everyone who went to the Dynamite tour has had this pleasure!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Meike good

Miss Mary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 15:33    Reply with quote

Oooh Hi Meike! And everyone! Yeah had a wonderful time!!!
There was a classical version of Love F.- too though the ending wasnt as groovy as I had hoped. I love the one from back Radio 1s big weekend in 2005 Wink

Take care all of you, I gotta go again Smile
Miss Me

RossBonnel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 14:48    Reply with quote

Yes he rules!

Just take a minute and tell me about http://skinnyexpress.com/phen375-review Phen375 and if you have used it or not?

Lily26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:29    Reply with quote

SweDanFunk wrote:
will they come to a sweden festival!?
I want to go to a http://phenq-avis.com/en/ detailed review of phenq by emily jones .concert an not to a whole festival.
Globen!

I wish i could attend the concert, couple of friends of mine have watch them live they say it was incredible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: