jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New album: Automaton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mr.az

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 15:02    Reply with quote

Cloud 9 is the summer hit (still we are in summer, right?)

To me was easy to understand, jay dances with her in the bar only to show her as a crush from his past, but then in the video you see her doing drag races with the ferrari in the road, and jay begs to acelerate instead of keep with her...so her was the girl the song it was all about, the ''fool can walk away'' thats why jay in the end see her car, but prefer to leave.

Also, somebody pointed out that the begining of this video is related to the end of cosmic girl, is true, even are the same roads, this time if u see jay at the begining, is looking at the road, is remembering...so the whole video is more a memory from the past.
AFO=AUTOMATON

Lua

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 15:13    Reply with quote

cmfunk15 wrote:
During the video it wasn't really clear if Penelope cruz's sister was the good or the bad girl in the song.

grevatious wrote:
But I think the video did not transmit anything to the viewer. I got confused like someone else said was the girl the one walking away or the new crush? is that girl the Cosmic Girl? What happened at the ending?

In Cloud 9 Jay sings to a former love interest... "I'm not the one, the one for you/Can't change it baby".

In the video Jay is singing directly to Monica, literally pointing at her.

The "COSMIC" in the licence plate is a reference to Cosmic Girl (duh), but what the Cosmic Girl represents here is left in the past. Jay is no longer seeking her. And by the fact that they are dancing and racing in the road it seems like he's not bitter. He's just saying that he's over her and both will move on in life.

I think that her empty car in the ending is just to make it clear that he's leaving her. He didn't try to find her or follow her again. His only interest was to send his message, so he leaves alone.

...I guess he left the Cosmic Girl to meet the Summer Girl Razz

ragadoodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 15:38    Reply with quote

eviltimeban wrote:

Yeah I was wondering why so many old people were fans of Jamiroquai - EOPE wasn't THAT long ago, was it?? Very Happy

Because Jamiroquai is a old band, with old members. I'm a old fan, older than the boys......... And yes, EOPE was THAT long ago Laughing Twisted Evil

grevatious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 15:39    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:

I think the portion in the club is him telling his memory of her that he's moved on.

Wow that makes perfect sense!

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 18:04    Reply with quote

I thought maybe her empty car at the end showed that she was at the club/bar again and when he saw that, he chose not to go inside and instead drove away. Could be wrong though.

I thought the video was obviously very subdued compared to previous/wacky stuff like Canned Heat, Virtual Insanity, and Feels Just Like It Should (lol). But it was kinda cute seeing Jay dancing together with someone. We didn't get much of his signature moves but hey, I guess he didn't wanna show her up completely cause we all know his moves are killer Laughing

I'm hoping we get another Seven Days in Sunny June type of video at some point, that one was carefree and silly. It would also be cool to have another weird and high energy type of video with Jay dancing his butt off although I know he is getting up there in age and all Sad

ragadoodles wrote:
eviltimeban wrote:

Yeah I was wondering why so many old people were fans of Jamiroquai - EOPE wasn't THAT long ago, was it?? Very Happy

Because Jamiroquai is a old band, with old members. I'm a old fan, older than the boys......... And yes, EOPE was THAT long ago Laughing Twisted Evil

Lol yeah, I got into Jamiroquai as a kid (around 7 years old I believe) and I just turned 30 last month.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 18:07    Reply with quote

Cloud 9 is a great song. It doesn’t matter what video he puts it to, though it seems like a reflection of his past, and moving on; a mixture of bitterness and gain.
You can’t live in the past, they are experiences. But sometimes it helps get us through to the next thing. Glad that next thing is here to give us some good music!

the car scene is a little cat & mouse. how men & women play on the road, maybe how Black Devil Car came about. Be careful out there!

cmfunk15 wrote:
During the video it wasn't really clear if Penelope cruz's sister was the good or the bad girl in the song.

she's the one from the past.

AZ wrote:
Quote:
Cloud 9 is the summer hit (still we are in summer, right?)
Actually our summer is almost here. today is 70*
This will be great cruising down the road with the windows down! Smile

VAX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 18:24    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
For the curious ones, here's the Google Maps link for the beginning of the video (seaside & church) Wink
Other driving views have been filmed on that same road obviously (it's easy to recognize the mountains on the South side)

was exactly my main interest from the video.

Very Happy

msammon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 18:52    Reply with quote

i wasnt expecting much out of the video, especially now a days bc most just dont care about a music video now... BUT! with that being said...

who gets upset with their other half and has a dance off😜🙄

Curry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 23:24    Reply with quote

I feel as though this could also be looked at as though the "former love interest" wasn't a literal human, but an infamous image.

What's Jay Kay known for? Fast exotic cars. The Cosmic Girl mystique. And beautiful women.

This video has all the types fans have hyped up over the years. It's also the typecasting people have set for him over the years. So I'm thinking that Jay is actually calling it quits with all of those images, thus putting an end to this "Hollywood" Jay Kay. An image that's probably hurt him and betrayed him more than we know.

It's interesting though, that red light was the only thing in that little club/bar. Since this is about him letting go of the past, that red could have symbolized how much of a Hell this was to him OR that red could be an interpretive nostalgia (rose colored lenses) where you could look fondly at things of the past...or get tempted by them. Dancing while trying to leave is sort of like torture (if we interpret the dancing bit as part of the message).

That red light could also mean both. Who knows!?

I think what really lead me to believe this was the fact that the car was named "Cosmic," and was empty at the end. Since I didn't see a red light emanating onto the front of the cars, or any additional cars, I couldn't think it was the parking lot for the bar, so I thought it was more of an image thing rather than human.

AAAAAAAAAAND I'M DONE! lol

Last edited by Curry on Thu Feb 23, 2017 05:19; edited 3 times in total

Lua

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 23:36    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:

It's interesting though, that red light was the only this in that little club/bar. Since this is about him letting go of the past, that red could have symbolized how much of a Hell this was to him OR that red could be an interpretive nostalgia (red colored lenses) where you could look fondly at things of the past...or get tempted by them. Dancing while trying to leave is sort of like torture (if we interpret the dancing bit as part of the message).

I like your analysis of the whole video, I think in this case the red light means danger!

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 00:21    Reply with quote

Lua wrote:
Curry wrote:

It's interesting though, that red light was the only this in that little club/bar. Since this is about him letting go of the past, that red could have symbolized how much of a Hell this was to him OR that red could be an interpretive nostalgia (red colored lenses) where you could look fondly at things of the past...or get tempted by them. Dancing while trying to leave is sort of like torture (if we interpret the dancing bit as part of the message).

I like your analysis of the whole video, I think in this case the red light means danger!

I think Danger is a good way to combine Hell and Nostalgia. 2yes

mr.az

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 02:33    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:
Lua wrote:
Curry wrote:

I think Danger is a good way to combine Hell and Nostalgia. 2yes

So, yes, i didn't think in the red light,good point, jay is trying to leave bad things from the past-as i am doing miself-so again leaving a car is a point to that.
AFO=AUTOMATON

Akghar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 07:09    Reply with quote

Are you really looking for a meaning in a Jamiroquai video ?
Are you that bored ?

iranterres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:36    Reply with quote

My opinion about the Cloud 9 video is that simple.

Uninspiring.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 21:53    Reply with quote

well if you want to interpret Red, it can also mean prostitution! Red in aura can mean anger...we won't really know the intention.

But there is symbolism in the video...church, road, beach, bar...
has a meaning, message in the song and video.

the one thing I've gathered of Jamiroquai after all these years
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 32 of 61

Jump to: