jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Automaton First Listen

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 18:31    Reply with quote

Automaton First Listen
I'm curious to know if you have a ritual or how or when are you going to listen to the full album.

As for myself, I'll probably do the same I did for Rock Dust Light Star, which is just the singles and then listen the entire album for the first time when I come back from the record store.

I remember listening to Dynamite at Sony months before the release of the album and then I downloaded a pirate copy from the internet. It just wasn't the same when I got the album, it was "I have a physical copy... now what?".

So my plan is getting home, put on the headphones and listen to the album for the first time while watching the artwork and reading the booklet.

What is yours? Are you going to listen to it if it becomes available before you get your copy? Headphones? Speakers? iPod? Vinyl? Or you just don't care? (which is also valid Laughing )

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 18:57    Reply with quote

When I hear an album for the first time, I always like to do it as a "background action" while I do another thing, usually while I'm at work.

That way I get to listen the whole album as one thing, without stucking on one particular single or catchy song. Because, if I'm paying to much attention, I will want to repeat the songs I liked the most.

Once I got the "general feeling" of the album, then I listen it properly, paying attention to every little detail and rewinding the songs that I like as many times as I want.

Edit: BTW I will probably buy it online, and then get the physical copy

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 19:55    Reply with quote

GREAT QUESTION D!!!!!!

My friend and I are gonna go to my shoe cave Friday afternoon and listen to it straight through without talking, just like we did with Dynamite. THEN we're gonna listen to it again and talk about its . Then that Friday night I've already invited a bunch of friends over for a listening party.

Last edited by Adidas2076 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 03:29; edited 1 time in total

autobahn78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 01:51    Reply with quote

A big delicious doobie, headphones and Gran Turismo Smile

mr.az

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 20:06    Reply with quote

while watching car races muted
AFO=AUTOMATON

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 09:41    Reply with quote

if i can, i sit with headphones to listen the whole album while watching the artwork and reading the lyrics. If i don't have the time to do that i just put it loud and listen to it while doing whatever i have to do. Then, after the first listen, i play it again and again...

Very Happy

***STONED AGAIN***
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: