jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

North Sea Jazz Rotterdam 9-7-17

View previous topic :: View next topic  

skoolen87

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 09:41    Reply with quote

North Sea Jazz Rotterdam 9-7-17
Hey! Yesterday was a super terrific concert! Really, really good, the best one out of 5 concerts I have seen over the years!

Between 2 songs I yelled "automaton" because I really am a fan of that song and apparently Jay Kay gave me the finger some people around me said, I didn't see it.. Anyone witnessed?

Is it rude to just yell a song between songs because you like their repertoire?

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53    Reply with quote

Re: North Sea Jazz Rotterdam 9-7-17
skoolen87 wrote:
Hey! Yesterday was a super terrific concert! Really, really good, the best one out of 5 concerts I have seen over the years!

Between 2 songs I yelled "automaton" because I really am a fan of that song and apparently Jay Kay gave me the finger some people around me said, I didn't see it.. Anyone witnessed?

It's really strange from Jay.

mojogonlopoto
JamilyTree Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 18:33    Reply with quote

skoolen87 wrote:

Very strange, don't think Jay Kay did that, it makes no sense. And about yelling the name of a song, I see no problem...

skoolen87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 07:25    Reply with quote

I guess they saw it wrong indeed Smile Jay was actually in a good mood despite his back.. Btw.. I was pretty sure that he is going to stop again for a while with that back. And my dad was there as well and agrees.. He's a fysio therapist..

smellbob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 08:20    Reply with quote

Mind you, I've never seen the band live or met Jay Kay in person. They hardly ever have any planned visits in the United States. I'm pretty sure they record here impromptu though.

I was hoping to see a gig/album tour this summer but it looks like that possibly isn't going to happen.

But, this is really odd.

Giving a fan a middle finger doesn't seem like a good look at all, and I can't really think of any reason as to why he would do that.

Jay is generally nice to his fans from what I hear.

Which is why part of me wants to say maybe he was just scratching his nose or something and from where you were sitting or standing at the show it looked like he was flipping you off.

skoolen87 wrote:

No, not rude, but it is kinda silly and annoying if you're being very loud and funny about it to maybe the artist sometimes. If they were gonna play "Automaton" they would. There isn't any need to scream and holler for them to play it when they weren't going to in the set yet.

But no it's not rude. It's just silly and annoying.

Curry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 09:49    Reply with quote

skoolen87 wrote:

Sounds like you didn't see it either, so I wouldn't pay much attention to what they said. Some fans don't understand that their sense of humor doesn't go over well with others. So I would just ignore it.

I wouldn't say it's rude to yell, but it is expected that you'd get some small acknowledgment if you're close enough to the stage.

skoolen87

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 08:55    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

No, not rude, but it is kinda silly and annoying if you're being very loud and funny about it to maybe the artist sometimes. If they were gonna play "Automaton" they would. There isn't any need to scream and holler for them to play it when they weren't going to in the set yet.

But no it's not rude. It's just silly and annoying.

It can indeed be silly and annoying but thinking about it.. they way I did it wasn't.. It was just one time "Automaton" and that was it.. Not "HEY! AUTOMOTAOOONNNN AUTOMATOOOOOOONNN" Or so Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: