jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

who remembers jamiroquai.com by fans for fans???

View previous topic :: View next topic  

spacecowboy_vibe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 19:45    Reply with quote

who remembers jamiroquai.com by fans for fans???
I used to spend a lot of time surfing that webpage, and then one day it just went off, without any further notice and nobody knew what happened.
My buddy greg ferguson who was the web dessigner at the time on that page told me he had no idea what happened with the domain and nobody knew a thing... some time latter jamiroquai.com was the official site (before that it was jamiroquai.co.uk right?)
so.. who knows the story???

I also remember that french site funk with a big hat on it, it was awesome! this french dude, francois something... he had nice stuff too

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 05:24    Reply with quote

Big brother came knocking on the door!

or something like that!

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05    Reply with quote

yes. i think it was something like that.
sony/jamiroquai just took control of the domain because they had the name. bit of bullin IMO.
the other site you mention was by francois wiart and it was cool.

Wink

***STONED AGAIN***

Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 03:04    Reply with quote

If I remember right the owner/webmaster of jamiroquai.com was a guy called Seadon Adams. No idea what happened to him after he had to hand it over to Sony/Jamiroquai. Never heard of him since then (was just after the Synk era I think).

From what I recall, he didn't want to give it up, but they got the lawyers onto him and forced him to hand it over.

It was a shame because part of the site was the Jamiroquai Articles Archive (started by Kara Reuter) which had a shedload of well organised newspaper and magazine articles on the band from the early days.

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 05:09    Reply with quote

I think the change of ownership must have been later than the Synk era... when you check through the "way back maching" on archive.org I think the change must have been 2004.

Have a look here to see what the old jamiroquai.com looked like - probably not all links work, but you get an idea.

http://web.archive.org/web/200102050029/http://jamiroquai.com/

(this is a snapshot from 2001 for example)

Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 09:54    Reply with quote

Ah yes, it must have been later than Synk. The first mention of .com on the back of releases was during Dynamite era stuff. I remembered the old website having a section called Where Do We Do From Here so figured it was at least after Synk...

Trolll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 18:24    Reply with quote

It was Seadon indeed. I'm friends with him on Facebook, but he hasn't shown up for about a year (yeah, he's good at disappearing without prior notice!) Wink

If I remember correctly, the domain name was indeed claimed by (I think) Sony. Seadon had replied that he would be glad to hand it over if Jay requested it personnally. The band was to play some gigs in the US and he had said he was willing to meet the band and hand the domain name over to them.
He never got any specific reply but kept regularly receiving "threats" from Sony until, I guess, things got a bit more worrying for him and he decided to give it up, probably a bit gutted on how things ended.

I have keen memories of Greg Ferguson's "Digital Insanity" (which I did help develop a bit !)... It was all so much more of an adventure back then !

And I'm also glad to see some people still remember my good old "Funk with a big hat on it", it's a buzz ! Very Happy

msammon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 01:58    Reply with quote

you can search jamline archive if messages and find seadons email where i believe he gave up on jamiroquai. didn surprise me..so many u.s. fans like myself are getting fed up with being this involved with a band thay doesnt get label support in the u.s or cares to show themselves

Guly from Argentina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 21:01    Reply with quote

and do you remember mtey.com? a site where you could find all the videoclips of the band and more

(by the way, danke danke meike for this wonderful link: http://web.archive.org/web/200102050029/http://jamiroquai.com/ which brought back memories of my teenage era as a completely crazy fan! haha)

spacecowboy_vibe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 20:41    Reply with quote

what a great link!
Trully glad to check this image once again.
i remember those teenage days. It was my primary jquai source, since I lived in Mexico and canada for a while.
I´m still friends with greg ferguson! he's an outstanding fella!
And what can i say about the funk with a big hat on it website... Francois (Wiart???) used to post some serious rare material week by week!

deerosa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 02:53    Reply with quote

Wanted to bump this post
Season Adams actually crashed at my pad when jamiroquai came to San Diego. He spent a night in the couch and I think he was heading to Phoenix the next day. Anyhow this guy was a good person and he was a true fan who did it for the fans. Also I remember he was getting pressure to give up jamiroquai.com. Only thing that sucked was overnight someone smashed his glass on his car. Anyhow I go way back to those days and I just wanted to drop a good word on season. Good bloke!!!!

Season also sent me a collection of bootlegs that I still have to this day.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 21:09    Reply with quote

Smile

***STONED AGAIN***
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: