jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Album after Automaton
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

skoolen87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 14:28    Reply with quote

New Album after Automaton
I read somewhere in the daily mirror (or so?) after the news about the BMI awards that JMQ is already working on a new album! With Jay and the boys getting older I think that's terrific news Smile !!

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 17:06    Reply with quote

I wouldn't take that very seriously. It seems too fast for me, knowing how the band used to work the past 10 years, to be talking about a new album when the international tour hasn't finished yet.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 01:36    Reply with quote

Yep. Here's the link:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/651459/Jamiroquai-spat-with-Cheryl-X-Factor-Little-Mix-Tito-Jackson-Naughty-Boy

Doesn't sound too plausible, but maybe they don't want to fade away for so many years like the last couple of albums. This was their timetable during the first four albums. Shorter tours and already working tracks in between.

Now that most fans are in touch with members of the band... maybe somebody can just... ask?

wounded buffalo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 09:52    Reply with quote

I remember hearing in the Automaton interviews that Shake It On was written/recorded several years ago, so it makes sense that they could be laying down new tracks now. Just don't expect to hear anything new for a few years! Always good to hear they have future plans though!

Funkalero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 20:59    Reply with quote

wounded buffalo wrote:
I remember hearing in the Automaton interviews that Shake It On was written/recorded several years ago, so it makes sense that they could be laying down new tracks now. Just don't expect to hear anything new for a few years! Always good to hear they have future plans though!

But we need horns!! Razz

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 22:47    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:

Now that most fans are in touch with members of the band... maybe somebody can just... ask?

That's right, the best way to know is to simply ask the guys, and not start spreading rumors. But, indeed i would like to see a new album in the near future.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 00:59    Reply with quote

https://t.co/UpLumvRGxn

Jamiroquai Working On Songs For Next Album Expected In 2018

Jamiroquai are already working on new music, just months after the release of ‘Automaton’. A lot of stuff that didn’t make it onto ‘Automaton’ will be part of their 2018 album. The band already have recorded five tracks for the new record

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zsoma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:43    Reply with quote

Electrowow, such a credited site Laughing ! Certainly sounds a good idea to dump the leftover from Automaton (which is a mediocre effort by their own standards) so shortly after the previous release, even JT's 20/20 Experience part 2 fell short to the hype of part 1, he was lucky to get away with Take Back The Night.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25    Reply with quote

The guy that runs the site says he said so Jay himself in an interview after the BMI Awards.

iranterres

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 13:50    Reply with quote

Nice to know that, Automaton is far from great.

Javis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 20:32    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
The guy that runs the site says he said so Jay himself in an interview after the BMI Awards.

We listened to Jay saying they were working on new albums years before they finally releases something, so, even if it is true, it might be as well another of those cases of "we are working on it" that we had with RDLS and Automaton

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 01:46    Reply with quote

I don't know. I just share what I find.

smellbob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 17:57    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Electrowow, such a credited site Laughing ! Certainly sounds a good idea to dump the leftover from Automaton (which is a mediocre effort by their own standards) so shortly after the previous release, even JT's 20/20 Experience part 2 fell short to the hype of part 1, he was lucky to get away with Take Back The Night.

I disagree so much with you that Automaton was mediocre. Automaton isn't better than Dynamite no, but it is miles better than RDLS.

What I will say that I want them to keep the grind going and put out some more stuff and not wait seven years to do it. If they have more tracks they want to rehash and release from these sessions, please do. Smile

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 02:02    Reply with quote

I second all of that down to the word, bob

Zsoma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 09:45    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

I disagree so much with you that Automaton was mediocre. Automaton isn't better than Dynamite no, but it is miles better than RDLS.

What I will say that I want them to keep the grind going and put out some more stuff and not wait seven years to do it. If they have more tracks they want to rehash and release from these sessions, please do. Smile

You have all the right to disagree and I accept that, I should have said "in my opinion it's mediocre". My basis for comparison is that I can listen to all the albums until RDLS without needing to skip a single track and that's not valid for Automaton which means by my own standards that at least 6 albums are better than Automaton and maybe one is worse, in this sense it is mediocre "by their own standards". The relative success of the album is largely because of the PR strategy and the story around Automaton, the headgear and not because the album was artistically that great (just read the album reviews of some of the core members here) and I doubt that that they would replicate that next year to make headlines again. Automaton has its highlights for me too, there are several tracks which could have made easily on previous albums like Vitamin is AFO compatible but I don't see the rationale of releasing leftover material (unless the band committed the same mistake like they had done with Smile).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: