jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Album after Automaton
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

smellbob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 20:41    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
smellbob wrote:

I disagree so much with you that Automaton was mediocre. Automaton isn't better than Dynamite no, but it is miles better than RDLS.

What I will say that I want them to keep the grind going and put out some more stuff and not wait seven years to do it. If they have more tracks they want to rehash and release from these sessions, please do. Smile

You have all the right to disagree and I accept that, I should have said "in my opinion it's mediocre". My basis for comparison is that I can listen to all the albums until RDLS without needing to skip a single track and that's not valid for Automaton which means by my own standards that at least 6 albums are better than Automaton and maybe one is worse, in this sense it is mediocre "by their own standards". The relative success of the album is largely because of the PR strategy and the story around Automaton, the headgear and not because the album was artistically that great (just read the album reviews of some of the core members here) and I doubt that that they would replicate that next year to make headlines again. Automaton has its highlights for me too, there are several tracks which could have made easily on previous albums like Vitamin is AFO compatible but I don't see the rationale of releasing leftover material (unless the band committed the same mistake like they had done with Smile).

You can disagree with me as well.

I felt Rock Dust Light Star was very indie and very rockish and kinda electro punk rockish acoustic.

There were was only one song I loved. She's A Fast Persuader. A couple other songs that were okay. Lifeline and All Good In The Hood. But the rest of the songs on the album I did not care for at all. I mean they weren't bad, I don't think Jamiroquai makes any bad songs. Just songs to me that are kinda forgettable and they were just kinda meh for me.

To me, it isn't a good album.

I do not count Smile as a part of RDLS. It was a song from those sessions that they randomly released yes, but it's not apart of it.

But Smile is a beautiful track.

Automaton to me is very disco and R&B and funk themed.

Really the only songs I didn't like as much, but don't hate, were We Can Do It and Nights out in The Jungle and Superfresh

At first I didn't like the title track Automaton, because it was different. But it has grown on me and I like it.

But every single other song on the album I love. Like I love pretty much every track lol. With Summer Girl, Vitamin, Dr. Buzz, Cloud 9, Carla, Something About You, Hot Property, Nice and Spicy.

To me I have to disagree.

I expect a part 2 from this. More R&B and jazzy disco stuff.

They also released previous stuff on past sessions in the past. Especially if the album is in fact going to be released next year. They really wouldn't have a choice.

Pretty much ROTSC is rehashed songs. Most of those tracks are from the Emergency on Planet Earth sessions. Such as "The Kids", "Mr Moon" "Scam" and "Manifest Destiny" so.

But I respect your opinion though and I understand.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 01:46    Reply with quote

I don't know who is sharing fake information about "new" songs that have been registered for more than 10 years ago.

http://jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31567&sid=bff2c268bc9b5bf780ba7edde4323bb0&PHPSESSID=42da001f0c88c55a0a1f48b2d9ec9f7e

http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7447&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&PHPSESSID=1b7b638c485f0b91b804453d73a4ccc8

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 06:01    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
I don't know who is sharing fake information about "new" songs that have been registered for more than 10 years ago.

http://jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31567&sid=bff2c268bc9b5bf780ba7edde4323bb0&PHPSESSID=42da001f0c88c55a0a1f48b2d9ec9f7e

http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7447&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&PHPSESSID=1b7b638c485f0b91b804453d73a4ccc8

there are 3 new songs out of the 6 songs recently noted: "Vision"/"Crazy Life"/"Loseable Song". Difference being that originally the 3 aforementioned old songs ("Don't Have To Prove It"/"How It Should Be"/"Confusion") started popping up on other music search repetoire sites, they were originally ONLY noted on BMI.com Repertoire site. The majority of these song listings granted still only carry a solo JK song credit BUT some others tell a different story, "Crazy Life" being the only one of the 6 having song credits from other Bandmembers (Derrick/JK/Matt).

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 14:52    Reply with quote

There's a big leap from a few song titles registered to "they're being released in 2018!".
I know for a fact that this is confusing a lot of people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: