jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Automaton Vinyl...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ryanmclelland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 20:05    Reply with quote

Automaton Vinyl...?
So I'm very, very, very new to vinyl. I've collected records for a few years since inheriting my mom's collection but just got a record player (NOT a turntable) for the holidays. I received many different records as well - which included two Jamiroquai albums: Travelling Without Moving and Automaton.

Travelling Without Moving plays great. ALL of my new albums play great. Hell...all of the old albums play great.

But Automaton? Skips like a mofo. So I looked online about quick fixes for this. On a turntable you can increase the weight but I don't have a turntable. You can tape nickels or quarters or whatnot to the arm to weigh it down. This did not work either.

Opened more new albums. Everything plays beautifully.

So I thought to ask...has anyone else had trouble with the Automaton vinyl album? Do I just need a turntable and not a record player for this one particular album? Or has anyone heard of any defective vinyls?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT. I've been meaning to get back to the boards - this made it easier to get over.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and happy new year to you all.

-Ryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: