jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Bootleg Songs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

EvoV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 15:03    Reply with quote

Bootleg Songs!
Very Happy Here a topic that could be very interesting to generate good discutions!
Is basicly to talk about the diferent songs of versions of the musics in the gigs that you have in audio or video!
It could be good to the many fans start to know the bootlegs that exist! And wich songs are on them! another smile

And i would like to start with that version of When you gonna Learn on Club Citta 93 , as the fans that got that bootleg , that version is a bit different..but i can't remember 2scratchchin if they ever played that version in anyother concert! Anyone know it?

sedaquai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 18:11    Reply with quote

hummmmm Confused

jamiroquai-love foolosoph(acustic version)

right?

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 18:23    Reply with quote

Nice topic. I listened to the version of WYGL you mention. I have 14 different live-versions of WYGL and all of them are different. Different lengths (between 3 and 32 minutes), but most start with a (long) didgeridoo intro. Stockholm and Florence are comparable. I really like the versions of Funky Paradise (over 31 minutes long) and Glastonbury 1993 (very funky, includes a band introduction, very good quality).

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 05:57    Reply with quote

the version of Emergency on Planet Earth of the Phoenix concert is amazing... for me it's the best version... just unbelievable... i love the way Stu has to play... Wink dont think so if there's a better version...

EvoV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:45    Reply with quote

Probably the Emergency on Planet Earth got a better version on the Firenze93 , we got to tink also in the quality of the sound, and Firenze is with a amazing quality! (it reach the quality of a album).Maybe the sound from the keyboard in Phoenix is much better than in Firenze,and if im not wrong in phoenix Stu's make 2xtimes the solo, and in Firenze only 1.

Recently i listened that exist a better version of Royal Albert Hall 96,with a much more good sound quality!Anyone know it? Surprised

Nico Rossi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 13:26    Reply with quote

Agreed FunkEducation, there's no better version of it - the way Zender plays then is so prominent - loads of little flicks too! The Mr Moon from that same concert is also really good for that same reason.

I also love...

TWM @ Montreux 2002 (Nick and Matt doing their own little things)
Just Another Story @ Montreux 2003 (Rob/Nick sound great)
Little L @ Pori Jazz 2003 (Nick in the bridge using mad special effects and generally just experimenting)
Funky Odyssey from The New Odyssey 2002 (Great solo bit by Rob at the end - shame about the silly people in the audience at the start debating whether it's Use the force or Deeper Underground - argh shutup!)
Rappers delight @ Live Club Citta 1993 (INSANE Zender bass solo that rolls right back into the song - amazing haha)
Planet Home @ Osaka 2002 (Just generally sounds really good, nice extras by Matt on the keyboard)
Use the force @ Nice 2003 (They changed the song around a lot for this live.... sounds wicked, just a shame the recording quality is so crap. They did a very similar version at Montreux too)
2001 @ Nurburgring 2002 (Great drumming by Derek and Rob/Nick combining well - plus this whole concert is just very funny as Jay sounds more stoned than I've ever heard him before)
Canned Heat @ Verona 2002 (Best I've heard from Nick on the bass, listen to how nailed the 2nd verse is)
Soul Education @ Anywhere after 2002 (All rocked up and sounding great)
Love Foolosophy @ Pori Jazz 2003 (Someone said before this is the best ever version of this song live and I agree - Rob sounds great, Matt has a good solo as does both Shola and Derek at the end)

Haha..... umm I think that's enough for now! As you can tell, I just love the whole rock dimension Rob Harris has brought to the band and I used to love how clean Nick sounded - shame he's left. I think it's all Matt's influence since joining.... I've really enjoyed how songs sound since he joined in the fun, plus the new songs he's help with sound wicked like Funky Odyssey and Shoot the moon; hope the album is just as good.

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 15:57    Reply with quote

Wow, Nico Rossi, same (good) taste as me!

I also love TWM (Montreux 2002), JAS (Montreux 2003), Planet Home (Osaka 2002), Funky Odyssey and Love Foolosophy (Pori 2003).
I want to add Do That Dance (Firenze 1993), a very funky version of this song, and i also want to add Shoot The Moon (Montreux 2003), Butterfly (Pori 2003) and Revolution 1993 (Glastonbury 1993). I think the version of Revolution 1993 they played at Glastonbury us the best!

jamirolive.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 16:22    Reply with quote

I agree that the best version of love fool is the version of pori jazz 2003 and, for the moment is the longer too Smile

EvoV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 19:18    Reply with quote

Hummm...well is the most longer version of Love Foolosophy , but the most long music of jamiroquai played live is when you gonna learn in the Paradiso Amsterdam! LLCoolJR your right Do That Dance (Firenze 1993) is very good , i was listening the bootleg in the morning and is awsome!
I got a better version of MrMoon , i don't know where they play it but i got in the name of it MrMoon_94 , is played live, i don't know is where, cause i download it with that name, is the best MrMoon played.Maybe from that gigs in france!
I never listened TWM @ Montreux 2002,but is better than the version on bbc radio? 3privateeye

(TWM @ Montreux 2002 got A+ quality right? can some one send it to me? I got that gig but is only half of it!)
spinsmile

Nico Rossi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 20:17    Reply with quote

Sent EvoV the video....

Forgot to add I love all the versions of Alright done by Fyffe - I've always felt Zender sounded better on the albums and Fyffe live.... hopefully the new guy can blend the two.

EvoV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:37    Reply with quote

Tanks alot for the video, but anyone got the song? It will be apreciated! Tanks 2goodvibes TWM @ Montreux 2002 is great! Much better than in Maide Vale! 2wide-eyed now i need is the mp3!

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 14:41    Reply with quote

Evo:
I have TWM (Montreux 2002) on mp3. I can send you or you can convert it yourself. By the way. I'm curious which version of Mr Moon it is you're talking about.

Nico Rossi said:
Quote:
hopefully the new guy can blend the two.

Jamiroquai used more than one bassist for the new album. As far as I know is it unknown who will be on stage on the next tour on the bass.

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 15:04    Reply with quote

EvoV wrote:

I never listened TWM @ Montreux 2002,but is better than the version on bbc radio? 3privateeye

(TWM @ Montreux 2002 got A+ quality right? can some one send it to me? I got that gig but is only half of it!)
spinsmile

I've got the video of the Montreux 2002, if you want i can share it with you... and the quality is A! Bye Man!

EvoV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 16:14    Reply with quote

Well the Mr Moon that i have is this:
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=307HTYVOEHS7W0P9EHG1AMQZLJ
If someone know where that is came from, will be nice! 5thumbsup
I already got the TWM from Montreux02,2upsidedown 6thanks

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 16:56    Reply with quote

This version of Mr Moon is of the bootleg:

Civic Hall (Wolverhampton) - November 5th 1994
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai In Concert All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: