jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

GERMANY, RockAmRing & RockImPark 02.-04. June 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 01:37    Reply with quote

Great photos Lydster - thanks for sharing them with us Smile Smile Smile

SAMANTHA

Lydster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 15:07    Reply with quote

Nobody's gonna read this because they're all reading and posting in that Lovebox thread above but...I always talk when nobody's listening.

Metallica were playing at 7.45 pm so all the pushing people were at Jamiroquai at the Alternastage because there was nothing going on at all anymore at the Centerstage.

I was so excited when Morrissey stopped singing and the lights went on and people went on the stage to build up Jamiroquai's instruments...and then that presenter guy came on the stage and told us that Jamiroquai already did a great show at Rock am Ring...

...and then the stage got dark blue and a music started to play: "Theme From Enter The Dragon" (?). Then the musicians came on the stage and started to play Canned Heat. And then, after the intro, Jay finally came and started to sing.

Space Cowboy was with that sung part over the instrumental after the chorus. They did that already at that Olympic Games gig in Torino.

Someone threw a cap on the stage. It was like the TROTSC cap but much bigger andcovered with flowers. Funnily, I thought of buying a hat and throwing it on the stage before too! And then someone did what I was thinking of!

I heard the Use the Force version from the Ring, but they played it differently in the Park. The Park version was more like the CD version, with less rock.

We had to help Jay with Black Capricorn Day. We had to sing "Hey! Hey" all the time. That was quite funny. At least something to do.

All in all the concert was nothing spectacular...and really short. They started playing at 11.50 pm and were already done at 1.10 am! I really expected more. Why did they treat us so badly? Because of the cold weather? Because Jay doesn't like Rock am Ring/Rock im Park? Because of ME? We were all shouting for more! I'm really kind of deceived now that I think back to this and read what you all write about Lovebox, that it was soooo great and you're all sorry for the people who weren't there(...sure!). I think there shouldn't be any special treats for anyone. The band acts as if their only true fans are the British ones in my eyes. I mean it's ok if they enjoy playing in front of a home crowd more, but the people they're playing for in other countries must be fans too, otherwise they wouldn't have come to the concert, or? I just hope the Stones next week are better...

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 13:41    Reply with quote

Lydster wrote:
Nobody's gonna read this because they're all reading and posting in that Lovebox thread above but...I always talk when nobody's listening.

yeah, lydster... you are probably right... bad moment to post your review LOL Wink

But thanks a lot for sharing your moments!! you got 1 hour 20 minutes.. well, lovebox was "only" 10 minutes longer. I guess they HAD to stop - it's the time schedule they have to follow at festivals...

Mouse

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 13:59    Reply with quote

HEY - I'm reading it now...happy you went and sorry of the vibes you got.

I'm American, and I don't agree with what you wrote about special treats for the British Audience. I think that Lovebox was special to the guys because they were home and their families were there to see the gig. Also, they knew many fans from all over the world came, and it was a festival that has such a good reputation of being a dope music breeding ground and they were honored to be headlining.

The second New York show was amazing and the first American show of 2005, we got Mr.Moon, which was a rarity and I believed only played once on the American tour. Also, the time you got for the concert is about the same time we got at 2 of the 4 concerts I went to last October. And in 2001, the New York concert was way short. I think it was only an hour actually.

Maybe also the band was feeding off the vibe they got at the other concert - how was the crowd then..maybe that fed the low fuel you witnessed there?

The Lovebox performance wasn't really so special because of Jamiroquai being on stage (don't get me wrong - I loved seeing them of course). It was us being all together there since 8am, and coming in from all over the world to see them. We basically got the same songs with the exception of 2. Jay was very general and didn't interact that much with the crowd. I've seen him interact more at all the other concerts actually. So, it wasn't the Jamiroquai performance that we are all buzzing about really..it was the entire weekend!

And we were thinking of the others the whole time and wishing you all could be there! I hope next year if we do this you can join us...if I can afford to go that is LOL!

Very happy you got to go and thanks for your review Wink

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 16:24    Reply with quote

And I read it! Thanks for your review.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 20:54    Reply with quote

me too thanks

***STONED AGAIN***

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 21:00    Reply with quote

we don´t ignore u! see... Very Happy

Lydster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 15:44    Reply with quote

Thanks for all that. I really feel better now. I just had a very bad mixture of feelings when I wrote this...

(By the way: the Stones were fucking great and I've got a new T-shirt with a big fat tongue on it...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: