jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Please read before posting!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 17:26    Reply with quote

Please read before posting!
No Piracy or linking to sites for the purpose of piracy.

Linking to any sites that include any kind of illegal material will not be tolerated. Illegal trading of copyrighted material will be removed immediately. That means, do not post illegal download links or ask for such information.
If you aren't sure if your post violates the forum rules then DON'T post it. PM a moderator and ask them if the post violates the forum rules first.

Mouse

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 17:44    Reply with quote

Users should not moderate!
If you see a message that you think that breaks the forum rules, contact a moderator or admin! Please do not post a reply to the thread saying that the message breaks the rules - it is the responsibility of the admins and moderators to moderate the forums.

Thanks!!

Mouse

Last edited by CosmicMouse on Thu Apr 14, 2005 18:07; edited 1 time in total

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 17:51    Reply with quote

Check your avatars and signatures, please!
I recently observed that more and more signatures and avatars are not following our rules. Please check yours and edit or resize them if necessary!

Quote:
Signatures
1. Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include:
-a single image of no more than 100px high, 500px wide and 20KB in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text.
-Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text.
-Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text.

2. Animated images are not allowed.

3. Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.

4. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Links are included in signature size limits.

5. Users abusing these rules will be warned.

1. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 80 pixels square,
2. Must not contain animation
3. May not exceed 8KB.
4. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
5. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.

Consider this as a collective warning!! Wink

Mouse

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 20:35    Reply with quote

Hello Jamily,

I am refreshing this (old, but still relevant) thread, to remind you to some things, some of you might have forgotten, or still haven't read about.

In addition, although it is mentioned in the forum rules, please remember that the board language is english. Everyone should be able to understand your comments - if they are only written for special persons, then use the private message function. It's impolite to change the language in the middle of the discussion. People might get the impression you are mocking about someone for example. Missunderstandings might be the result. Thanks.

Also, please check again your signatures... I saw loads of banners out of dimensions... Rolling Eyes

Mouse

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 09:31    Reply with quote

Here is a testbanner in the correct (maximum!) size.

100px height x 500px width and 20KB size

of course smaller pictures can have a great effect as well. You don't need to fill out the whole size. But this is the maximum. Some banners exceed, so please check yours. For this, open your pic in photoshop or another pixel orientated programm and check the size, scale it down if necessary or better: create a new one in the right size, if you don't want to lose any information.

Contact me or other photoshop experts if you need help, please. Wink

Mouse
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Forum-Info & Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: