jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

The Movies Topic! Submit your favorites and the horribles!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 20:09    Reply with quote

The Movies Topic! Submit your favorites and the horribles!
Hello Jamirotalkers,

After the "introducing myself" topic in the Jamily section, I came up with an idea that I would really like hearing you to talk about, WHICH ARE YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIES of all time??. Come on, join this topic and let's make an unique Movie topic where we can talk about cinema! (hope you like the idea Very Happy )

My list:
-Back To The Future Trilogy
-Forrest Gump
-Almost Famous
-High Fidelity
-Meet The Parents
-Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc ( heh, the child in mine)
-Love Actually
-Notting Hill
-The Green Mile
-Cast Away
-Philadelphia
-The Italian Job (the new version, I didn't see the original one)
-About Schmidt
-2001: A Space Odyssey (thanks Jay Kay)
-Top Secret/ Naked Gun
-Eyes Wide Shut
-The Truman Show

D! (diego)

Last edited by Dye on Sat Aug 13, 2005 22:59; edited 2 times in total

mtey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 20:30    Reply with quote

Hey Diego, that is great topic!!!!

Well, let me be the first.

I must say that my favourite movie The Good, The Bad And The Ugly! It isn't called for nothing the best Sphagetti Western! I just recently bought collector's edition DVD and watched it since then quite a few times (although I've seen it before).

Well, besides that, I especially love classic movies, for me, this are the movies till the end of the 70s. My favourite genres are horror movies from the 40, 50 and 60s ( I walked with a Zombie), 50 science fiction movies (Attack of the 50 foot woman) and many many others!

Besides oldies, I love these: Pulp Fiction, Big Fish, Sleepy Hollow, The Brave.

My favorite directors: Sergio Leone, Jacques Tourneur, David Lynch, Francis Ford Coppola, Stanley Kubrick, Tim Burton, ...

My favorite series are: Twin Peaks, The Prisoner, Mistery Science Theatre 3000, Pink Panther cartoons, The Scrubs (little newer), ...

In my collection, I have around 1200 movies. Sadly, they are not on DVD Crying or Very sad

Mers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 01:26    Reply with quote

No doubt about it, my favourite movies are

1)The Italian Job (1969 version)
2)The Matrix
3)The pink Panther strikes again
4)the Perty
5)Almost Famous
5)high fidelity
5)the song remains the same
5)Lost in translation
5)kill bill 1
5) The godfather 2

This is a list that i just made from memory, you may notice that I have a bunch of number 5'es..thats because they're equall to me...i can't really say one is better than the other...except really for 'The Italian Job' which is downright the best movie i've ever seen in my whole life...period...
'THE SELF PRESERVATION SOCIETY'
Since I like it so much, i'll give a small review of the film for those unfortunate ones who never saw it...

Title: The Italian Job
Director: Peter Collins
Main Cast: Michael Caine(Charlie croker) Noël Coward (mr Bridger) Benny Hill (Dr. Peach) Raf vallone (mafia head)

The story is about a heist in turin, which involves creating the greatest traffic jam in the world, stealing 4 million dollars woth of gold, and escaping the Italian police in three mini coopers.

The escapade is sigle handedly, the most spectacular car chase in the history of cinema...until today it is regarded as the master car chase of all car chases, and helped the lead stuntman, Remy Julianne, to get to his status today (world's greatest car stuntman)
The plot is as intriguing as it is special, and the acting of Michael Caine and Noel Coward is unforgettable. caine owes much of his prestige to this movie.... with an extremely good, however frustrating ending, the Italian Job is the master of all British films, and in my opinion, the master of ALL films....ever...

(there is a recent remake, however, it is not as good as the original, although it is very good)

~

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 16:11    Reply with quote

My Favorite films...
buffaloman_B Hello, :bm_b:

Wink Good topic to compliment that "Get to know you" as you mentioned Diego Wink! Well, this is a hard question for since I have seen so many movies in my 27 years of cellular degradation on this blue orb of ours. Well, since everything has to be numbered and put into lists, here's my Top Favorite bits of film Wink:

*JAMIROFAN2000'S FAVORITE MOVIES*

1. Breakin' & Breakin' 2: "Electric Boogaloo"
2. A Clockwork Orange
3. Trainspotting
4. Wings of Honneamise: Royal Space Force (Animated)
5. Snatch
6. Boogie Nights
7. Schindler's List
8. Being John Malkovich
9. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney animated)
10. The Blank Generation

There you go, enjoy the popcorn and Peace! ;-)

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

EvoV

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 16:57    Reply with quote

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 17:36    Reply with quote

Ok, you mentioned 'A Clockwork Orange'... I saw that movie and is not that I didn't like it... but it is so weird and bizarre!

I also forgot 'Being John Malkovich', that was a great movie (still bizarre hehe).

Favorite actors (drama): Tom Hanks, Jack Nicholson.
Favorite actors (comedy): Ben Stiller, Steve Martin, Rowan Atkinson.
Favorite directors: Robert Zemeckis, Stanley Kubrick.

Mm... let me think well and I will come back.

D! (diego)

smellbob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 02:35    Reply with quote

This is a cool topic.
My favorite movies are.. :

-Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
-Secret Window
-The Wizard of Oz
-The X Files
-The Rocky Horror Picture Show
-Evolution
-Lost & Found
-The Ninth Gate
-The Matrix
-Spice World (Yeah.. Spice Girls.. I know.. lame Rolling Eyes )

I like anything really with Johnny Depp in it. love5 David Duchovny too.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 17:55    Reply with quote

Oh my God!! The Wizard Of OZ!! I remember watching that film over and over again when I was a little boy! Thanks Smellbob for saying it. I also watched the series of Shazam (not animated), The Pink Panther (my ALL TIME favorite!), and of course I am a big big fan of comic books and superheroes:

In 5 days I am going to be ready for Spider Man 2 (although I liked the first one, I was expecting something bigger but well...), Hulk (the movie completely dissapointed me), and I know that Fantastic Four and Iron Man are in production! Since Marvel is in the superhero bussiness this decade (being Spider Man, X.Men, The Hulk, Daredevil, and the upcoming Elektra, Ghost Rider -with...Nicolas Cage! Confused -, Iron Man -with Tom Cruise-, Fantastic Four, Namor, X.Men 3, The Hulk 2 (oh no..), Spider Man 3 (May 2007), The Punisher, Blade 3, Daredevil 2 -Ben Affleck may not be in it- and possibly Spider Man 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 & 9 -as they are announcing already!-), probably Captain America too) this is the right time for me!

D! (diego)

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 21:09    Reply with quote

Hmmmm my favourite movies.... Well I'll give you a list but I do have a bit of a thing for old movies. Not sure why but I love all those actors & actresses of the past biglove

So here, off the top of my head, is a list of some of the films I love: clapping
Some Like It Hot
The Odd Couple
A Streetcar Named Desire
How To Marry A Millionaire
Barefoot In The Park
The Philadelphia Story
The Tender Trap
Pillow Talk
The Apartment
Rebel Without A Cause
The Misfits
On The Waterfront

And newer ones:

The Fast & The Furious
Romeo & Juliet
Shrek

groundflip

Last edited by VirtuallyInsane on Wed Dec 21, 2005 20:19; edited 1 time in total

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 17:34    Reply with quote

Hello Jamirotalkers,

I will give you a small detail on my world of movies, the latest movies I have seen, and to tell you a little bit more about my favorite films and actors,

I don’t know if somebody saw it, but I went to the cinema two times to see The Day After Tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t say it is the best movie ever, but I do think it is one of the most entertaining films I have seen lately. Like Jamirofan said to me in one of our chats, I like very much catastrophies movies, and besides the movie talks about something that always interested me, and that is global changes and nature and stuff; and this one has everything. I recommend to see it in cinema, cause the sound and the big screen makes even better this movie.
I also saw: ‘Starsky & Hutch’ (very very good!) and ‘Troy’ (too long, but it’s ok).

Jackie Chan... I didn’t mentioned in my favorite list before, but I love the movies this guy makes, specially ‘Rush Hour’, ‘Rush Hour 2’ (apparently the third part is in production) and Shanghai Noon (not so much Shanghai Knights, although the fight scenes are always the best). I didn’t like ‘The Medallion’ or ‘The Tuxedo’. But I enjoy seeing his movies.

If we talk about comedy, I used to like Jim Carrey (his best movies: ‘Dumb & Dumber’, ‘The Mask’ –the second part is on the way.... but with Jamie Kennedy....noooo-, ‘The Truman Show’ and I am looking forward to see ‘Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind’, with the awesome Michel Gondry in direction), but now I feel to enjoy more with Ben Stiller. Another great for me is Steve Martin (the roles in ‘The Father Of The Bride’ Part I and II and specially in ‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ –that I forgot to mention in my favorite list!!!!!- are supreme). Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) is for me one of the best TV shows ever. Some people think it is awfully stupid, but I think it has a very intelligent humour and I agree it is not for everybody... but I laugh so much with those episodes!!!!

Tom Hanks... ahhh... I believe this guy did not make a bad movie ever, not that I remember of. ‘Philadelphia’, ‘Forrest Gump’, (can I mention ‘Toy Story’ I and II?? Although are animated films), ‘The Green Mile’, ‘Cast Away’, ‘Catch Me If You Can’ and I want to see the two new ones ‘The Polar Express’ and ‘The Terminal’. Jack Nicholson, ‘About Schimdt’ blew my mind, I enjoyed so much when I saw that movie, he made a great performance in there, and it became one of my favorite actors. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Sean Penn too.

Movies that made me cry?? Let’s see: ‘E.T.’; ‘About Schmidt’; ‘The Green Mile’; ‘Notting Hill’; ‘Love Actually’; ‘Forrest Gump’, ‘Philadelphia’, ‘Pacth Adams’, ’21 Grams’... What about you??

Favorite soundtracks?? Any where Danny Elfman, John Williams, Newton Horward is on it.

Favorite actress?? Julia Roberts, Ashley Judd, Britney Spears (nahhhh just kiddin!! Hahaha), Bonnie Hunt.

Bad movies I have seen?? Yep, ‘How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days’; 28 Days Later’; ‘007: Die Another Day’; ‘XXX’, ‘2 Fast 2 Furious’, ‘Serving Sara’ (what was Matthew Perry thinking??), ’13 Ghosts’, ‘The Core’, ‘The Bride Of Chucky’, ‘Zoolander’ (what was Ben Stiller thinking?? And he directed it!!!! My God!) and there must be some others...

As I said in the post that created this topic, my all time favorite movie (s) are the Back To The Future Trilogy. I wish I could have been older when those movies where on the cinema (I was born in ‘86), is that kind of movies that you can see 100 times and you never get tired of, you know what I mean?
And, of course, I can’t finish this post without mention the two ‘Toy Story’, ‘A Bug’s Life’ and ‘Monsters Inc’, that can easily be in my number one list like BTTF. First of all, the graphic is incredible, the stories are supreme and highly original (now we can see copies of this kind of movies in ‘Shrek 2’ –don’t get me wrong, I didn’t see it yet, it could be a good movie, but let’s face it, if Pixar hadn’t made those movies, Shrek wouldn’t exist now-) and the characters are lovely (now I am waiting to see ‘The Incredibles’, I think it will rock!).

Well, there you go. As you can see, I am a big fan of cinema and I love to discuss about it (everytime there is a conversation about films... Im on it!) and I’ll be back here.
And tomorrow I will go to see the movie I want to see the most.............SpiderMan 2!

Bye.

D! (diego)

beena

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 17:53    Reply with quote

How to Lose a Guy in 10 days was not bad! It was cute:) Anyways, my all time favorite movie I would have to say is Dazed and Confused, I LOVE that movie! I am also a big fan of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2. I just went to see Dodgeball the day it came out-I suggest everyone roll one up and go see that movie--it is soo damn funny! I don't really have a list of favorites, just those for now:) oh, and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun w/ Sarah Jessica Parker(80's film), and Best in Show, and.....I'll get back to this later.

MoonShooter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 13:11    Reply with quote

Looking forward to Spider Man 2! offwall

My favourite movies are:

* American Beauty
* The Truman Show
* Donnie Darko
* Back to the Future
* Indiana Jones Trilogy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 17:20    Reply with quote

Hello Jamirotalkers,

In regards to MoonShooter's post, yesterday I saw Spider Man 2 and let me tell you it is the best superhero movie ever!!!! Not only is better than the first one, it has comedy, romance and the best special effects. BUT the important thing here is, for the people who followed the comic books like me, every detail in the movie is from the comic books. Thanks to this goes to Sam Raimi, the director who is a Spidey's fan.
***** The movie is excelent, if you like superheroes movies, go and check it out.
(a bigger review from me, coming soon... Wink )

D! (diego)

cheeeba lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 20:14    Reply with quote

Movies that i like:
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
KELLYS WARRIORS
DIRTY 12
LORD OF THE RINGS(ALL 3)-the book is better
AMERICAN BEAUTY
K-PAX
THE USUAL SUSPECTS
etc..

mtey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 20:34    Reply with quote

Diego wrote:

Quote:
I saw Spider Man 2 and let me tell you it is the best superhero movie ever!!!!

Haha, what about Arrow

Haha, no really! I love that guy! That offcourse counts only first two movies, second two sucked soo hard my head hurted! Michael Keaton kicks ass!

When I was little boy, my biggest dream was to be Batman driving Batmobil (at 500 km/h) and going to save the girl!

P.S. Shit, have you seen Batman's car in 5th movie that is now being priduced?

OMG, what were they thinking? Is this like Batman V - Batman goes Offroad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: