jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

GLASTONBURY

View previous topic :: View next topic  

samiam688

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 20:34    Reply with quote

GLASTONBURY
we all know jamiroquai performed there and that was such a great gig

so today i wanted to find out more about the festival and found that they are meking a movie

here is the synopsis

"In 1970 Michael Eavis opened his 150-acre farm to 1,500 people each paying one pound to watch a handful of pop and folk stars perform over the summer-solstice weekend. With that the Glastonbury Festival was born. It is now the longest running and most popular music and arts festival in history. Hundreds of thousands of people have enjoyed the Glastonbury festival and millions more around the world have watched it on television or listened to broadcasts on the radio. The Glastonbury film project began in 2002 when the future of the festival was in question. Michael Eavis wanted a record of the Festival's history in case it turned out to be the final year. With less than a month before the 2002 festival there was no time to lose. Long time festival worker Robert Richards took on the role as producer and he quickly enlisted the help of Somerset based director Julien Temple - The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle, Absolute Beginners, Filth and the Fury. Within weeks 12 film crews were ready to record events."

pretty cool huh
certainly most of us have enjoyed our favorite bands performance there
\i wonder if it will show footage of the history and if jamiroquai will be in it!

Ms.P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 22:25    Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!

Although, from an experiencing Glastonbury point of view - I did it in 2003, it was a nasty experience! I think I expected the original vibe...but the people camping near me were full of shite and drugs, and wanting to stab and kill people!

although the music was good...so this'll be good to watch on the big screen!

Keep us informed when this is coming up....

samiam688

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 22:57    Reply with quote

well ms.p
the film releases febuary 23 2007
as to where im unsure

but im sorry for your bad experience
but im sure others felt the same
i found the following statement in one of the reviews proving your not alone in feeling that way

"I suppose it helps that I was there, but none the less there are some amazing performances. As I started watching the film I began to feel it was very one-sided all great atmosphere and friendly smiles and I was pleasantly surprised when it told the side of Glastonbury we would all wish wasn't there, drugs, robberies (no mention of the shooting in 1996) "

Ms.P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 23:02    Reply with quote

hmmm that sums it up!

It really isn't great!

You should experience the toilets!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: