| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

Joined: 10 Feb 2002
Posts: 4821
Location: Germany
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:09 |
|
|
I hve just quickly read parts of this thread - hm... when you read my review later you will see that the words I heard from him yesterday sound way more positive!
Break yes, but not quitting. More infos in my review!
Mouse _________________ ~ I look up to Heaven, every star I see is mine.
I'm walking on air and every cloud is Cloud 9. ~ |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
russky

Joined: 06 Jun 2005
Posts: 3396
Location: Chester, U.K
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:23 |
|
|
yes - well said meike - its just speculation again and he explained he wanted a break a while ago and i cant blame him.
He obviously needs to recharge his batteries and re-plenish his creative juices to make the best music he can.
There is no way they can bang out amazing albums unless there is a break in between and i would rather have that than poor quality stuff.
Also what does he have to write about when he hasn't had more life experience to use in his music?
hopefully jonas or i will confirm this if we get the chance next week and as meike says - he's positive.
in fact i will record him sayin it on my mic  _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
FunkyDonkey
Officer

Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 1680
Location: Milan, Italy
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:29 |
|
|
| russky wrote: |
in fact i will record him sayin it on my mic  |
Proof of evidence! _________________ I once had a 10 years of Travelling Without Moving celebrations banner here... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
mr.az

Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 2421
Location: rallying
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 17:04 |
|
|
im quit for the car design-as a hobby-for the last months because im lookg for inspiration...im sure jay need a break-as i do-for recharge and comeback with alot of energy¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
im waiting for you review meike  _________________ Only a fool can walk away from me this time
TWM=RDLS
AFO=AUTOMATON |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dye
Correspondent & Expert

Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5146
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 17:35 |
|
|
First of all...
Is the first time I don't read 'more than 20 million record' but '27 million'.
Second...
I think we like it or not, the man has to get his life back. I mean, 37, he wants to find his wife, so I think is perfect.
And he's not quitting the music! God! As soon as he starts listening the music he likes, he'll be wanting to get back to the studio.
Those are my 2 cents.
Thanks for the articles!
D! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
peggy
Joined: 06 Nov 2005
Posts: 1263
Location: Back in Belgium !
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Lups_Jones
Joined: 06 Apr 2006
Posts: 163
Location: Mexico City
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:32 |
|
|
PUFF!! This sounds sooooooooo sad... I mean it seems its not new the fact that Jay would like to retire...
but for example, in my case, I became a huge fan of the band not very long time ago... I've only seen ONE gig (back in 2006) and how much I wish I could see them at least one more time...
I understand that he needs time off... its just that I feel so sad to think that probably I discovered Jamiroquai too late!!!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
deesh

Joined: 23 Feb 2002
Posts: 2717
Location: +001
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:33 |
|
|
| Dyego wrote: |
| I think we like it or not, the man has to get his life back. |
Hmmm....I thought music was his life, his passion.
I don't have an opinion on him taking a break, it's all good. I need a break too and wish I had the money to take one now!
But to say he has to get his life back - I would just say he has to start a new chapter in it
Thanks Sam for the articles! _________________ www.dee34.wordpress.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dye
Correspondent & Expert

Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5146
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:37 |
|
|
Yeah, what I wanted to say basically is that he spent so much time of his life with his music, that maybe he needs to restore the personal aspect of it.
Besides, he said he wanted to quit a few years back, but nothing happened.
D! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
deesh

Joined: 23 Feb 2002
Posts: 2717
Location: +001
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:41 |
|
|
| Dyego wrote: |
Yeah, what I wanted to say basically is that he spent so much time of his life with his music, that maybe he needs to restore the personal aspect of it.
Besides, he said he wanted to quit a few years back, but nothing happened.
D! |
Yeah, I see what you are saying and agree. Plus, although music is his life/passion and someone has had control of it for sometime - I can see in a sense saying that he wants that back.
I just hope his time away will give him what he's looking for. _________________ www.dee34.wordpress.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 5564
Location: Austraria
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:43 |
|
|
maybe he should cover U 2 "and i still haven´t found what i am looking for"
jokes aside..
jay quits music and mattt will perform at this dutch festival  _________________ "Here it is...there is no way to make it better " |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
deesh

Joined: 23 Feb 2002
Posts: 2717
Location: +001
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:45 |
|
|
| Sandriche wrote: |
maybe he should cover U 2 "and i still haven´t found what i am looking for"
jokes aside..
jay quits music and mattt will perform at this dutch festival  |
and derrick will admit that the black guy in RUNAWAY really is him! _________________ www.dee34.wordpress.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Joyzzz

Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 9
Location: The Netherlands
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:55 |
|
|
This was just posted on Jamiroquai.com
| Quote: |
| OK, so there is a story in today’s Mirror implying Jay is quitting the music business: Needless to say they’ve got it completely wrong! You see, in a quick chat with one of the paper’s journalists following his record breaking Gig in the Sky yesterday, Jay mentioned he was taking time out to update his home studio and take some time off before the band go back in to start writing a new album later in the year. He also talked about working on new arrangements of songs so next time they go out on tour they have fresh take on the tracks they play live perhaps incorporating strings or horns. Perhaps they should listen next time! When they gonna learn? On seeing the way his chat was reported today in the Mirror Jay said “As usual they got it wrong for a cheap headline! All I said was that we’re taking a bit of time out to get the studio refurbished and we’ll be back making music in a few months time. There’s no way I’m quitting the music business - now I am out of my long contract with SonyBMG we have so many options open to us we’re just going to take our time and get it right - its just getting interesting!” |
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 5564
Location: Austraria
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:56 |
|
|
so we were all right..  _________________ "Here it is...there is no way to make it better " |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dye
Correspondent & Expert

Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5146
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina
|
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:59 |
|
|
THAT'S what I wanted to read.
D! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|