jamirotalk.net header image
 

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

UNINSPIRED JAY KAY QUITS MUSIC - FOR NOW - 28 FEB 07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum


Joined: 10 Feb 2002
Posts: 4821
Location: Germany


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:09    Reply with quote


I hve just quickly read parts of this thread - hm... when you read my review later you will see that the words I heard from him yesterday sound way more positive! Wink good

Break yes, but not quitting. More infos in my review!

Mouse
_________________
~ I look up to Heaven, every star I see is mine.
I'm walking on air and every cloud is Cloud 9. ~
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

russky



Joined: 06 Jun 2005
Posts: 3396
Location: Chester, U.K


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:23    Reply with quote


yes - well said meike - its just speculation again and he explained he wanted a break a while ago and i cant blame him.
He obviously needs to recharge his batteries and re-plenish his creative juices to make the best music he can.
There is no way they can bang out amazing albums unless there is a break in between and i would rather have that than poor quality stuff.
Also what does he have to write about when he hasn't had more life experience to use in his music?

hopefully jonas or i will confirm this if we get the chance next week and as meike says - he's positive. Wink
in fact i will record him sayin it on my mic Laughing
_________________
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

FunkyDonkey
Officer


Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 1680
Location: Milan, Italy


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:29    Reply with quote


russky wrote:

in fact i will record him sayin it on my mic Laughing


Very Happy Proof of evidence!
_________________
I once had a 10 years of Travelling Without Moving celebrations banner here...Wink
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

mr.az



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 2421
Location: rallying


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 17:04    Reply with quote


im quit for the car design-as a hobby-for the last months because im lookg for inspiration...im sure jay need a break-as i do-for recharge and comeback with alot of energy¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

im waiting for you review meike Very Happy
_________________
Only a fool can walk away from me this time
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (30082 KB) is 627 x 337 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
TWM=RDLS
AFO=AUTOMATON
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Dye
Correspondent & Expert


Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5146
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 17:35    Reply with quote


First of all...

Is the first time I don't read 'more than 20 million record' but '27 million'.

Second...

I think we like it or not, the man has to get his life back. I mean, 37, he wants to find his wife, so I think is perfect.

And he's not quitting the music! God! As soon as he starts listening the music he likes, he'll be wanting to get back to the studio.

Those are my 2 cents.

Thanks for the articles!

D!
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

peggy



Joined: 06 Nov 2005
Posts: 1263
Location: Back in Belgium !


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 17:41    Reply with quote


This i found in a Dutch music magazine OOR:

http://www.oor.nl/news_details.asp?id=3745


It says 'JK is stopping with Acid Jazz/Disco formation Jamiroquai.

Meike, we are waiting for you !!!!
_________________
www.thisispeggy.com
www.peggytimmermans.be
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Lups_Jones



Joined: 06 Apr 2006
Posts: 163
Location: Mexico City


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:32    Reply with quote


PUFF!! This sounds sooooooooo sad... I mean it seems its not new the fact that Jay would like to retire...

but for example, in my case, I became a huge fan of the band not very long time ago... I've only seen ONE gig (back in 2006) and how much I wish I could see them at least one more time... Sad

I understand that he needs time off... its just that I feel so sad to think that probably I discovered Jamiroquai too late!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

deesh



Joined: 23 Feb 2002
Posts: 2717
Location: +001


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:33    Reply with quote


Dyego wrote:
I think we like it or not, the man has to get his life back.


Hmmm....I thought music was his life, his passion.

I don't have an opinion on him taking a break, it's all good. I need a break too and wish I had the money to take one now!

But to say he has to get his life back - I would just say he has to start a new chapter in it Smile

Thanks Sam for the articles!
_________________
www.dee34.wordpress.com
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Dye
Correspondent & Expert


Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5146
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:37    Reply with quote


Yeah, what I wanted to say basically is that he spent so much time of his life with his music, that maybe he needs to restore the personal aspect of it.

Besides, he said he wanted to quit a few years back, but nothing happened.

D!
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

deesh



Joined: 23 Feb 2002
Posts: 2717
Location: +001


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:41    Reply with quote


Dyego wrote:
Yeah, what I wanted to say basically is that he spent so much time of his life with his music, that maybe he needs to restore the personal aspect of it.

Besides, he said he wanted to quit a few years back, but nothing happened.

D!


Yeah, I see what you are saying and agree. Plus, although music is his life/passion and someone has had control of it for sometime - I can see in a sense saying that he wants that back.

I just hope his time away will give him what he's looking for.
_________________
www.dee34.wordpress.com
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 5564
Location: Austraria


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:43    Reply with quote


maybe he should cover U 2 "and i still haven´t found what i am looking for"
jokes aside..

jay quits music and mattt will perform at this dutch festival Wink
_________________
"Here it is...there is no way to make it better "
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

deesh



Joined: 23 Feb 2002
Posts: 2717
Location: +001


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:45    Reply with quote


Sandriche wrote:
maybe he should cover U 2 "and i still haven´t found what i am looking for"
jokes aside..

jay quits music and mattt will perform at this dutch festival Wink


and derrick will admit that the black guy in RUNAWAY really is him!
_________________
www.dee34.wordpress.com
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Joyzzz



Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 9
Location: The Netherlands


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:55    Reply with quote


This was just posted on Jamiroquai.com

Quote:
OK, so there is a story in today’s Mirror implying Jay is quitting the music business: Needless to say they’ve got it completely wrong! You see, in a quick chat with one of the paper’s journalists following his record breaking Gig in the Sky yesterday, Jay mentioned he was taking time out to update his home studio and take some time off before the band go back in to start writing a new album later in the year. He also talked about working on new arrangements of songs so next time they go out on tour they have fresh take on the tracks they play live perhaps incorporating strings or horns. Perhaps they should listen next time! When they gonna learn? On seeing the way his chat was reported today in the Mirror Jay said “As usual they got it wrong for a cheap headline! All I said was that we’re taking a bit of time out to get the studio refurbished and we’ll be back making music in a few months time. There’s no way I’m quitting the music business - now I am out of my long contract with SonyBMG we have so many options open to us we’re just going to take our time and get it right - its just getting interesting!”


somersault
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 5564
Location: Austraria


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:56    Reply with quote


so we were all right.. Very Happy
_________________
"Here it is...there is no way to make it better "
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Dye
Correspondent & Expert


Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5146
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina


PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:59    Reply with quote


THAT'S what I wanted to read.

D!
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group