jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

All things Rock Dust Light Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jay_F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:23    Reply with quote

@ Andrew, it's just little things that sound different to me, i just wait for the album booklet to check, but mainly it's right though, just little words Wink Smile

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 00:44    Reply with quote

I think he says "A salvo of heavy artillery" and also I hear "I've heard the crazy doctrines of the human race".

I hear "Cause all the sinners are just saints without the spikes". He points to his head as he says this, which makes me think of the crown of thorns placed on Jesus's head.

I've been trying to read his lips but it's still difficult! Also, I'm getting "Atomic dangers, you can never fight". It makes sense because to me it sounds like he's talking about missiles heading our way and there's nothing you can do to stop them ("stars" waiting like silent candles in the night.)

I also hear "See the more I think about it, I'm born against the (grain?). Oh I wont' be born again."

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 09:48    Reply with quote

Yeah, totally. We're definitely getting closer!

Musicholic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 20:47    Reply with quote

does he really say i ever prayed? ( i keep thinking its i never prayed). This song could be about jay's personal views on love and beliefs, umm i think 3detective lol

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 02:15    Reply with quote

After watching him sing in one of the HD videos of Rock Dust Light Star, it kinda looks and sounds like he says "I never felt I ever prayed".

Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 08:46    Reply with quote

Universal Music (Portugal):

Quote:
One thing that hasn't changed over the years is the no-holds-barred, informed and opinionated mind of Jason Kay. The album title track – a vibey party tune with a pointed message – came about during a Far East tour.

“I was sat in Malaysia, in Kuala Lumpur, working. And we were having dinner and a few people turned up. I don't know who they were, I didn't particularly like them. Anyway, the whole subject got on to religion. And I'm not a religious person, never have been. But I always find it fascinating, the whole concept of religion, things that there doesn't seem to be any existing proof of.

“And I got quite pissed off with the conversation and I was like, sod this, I'm off. And I started thinking… I am a great believer in the fact that we're gonna get hit by a bit of rock one day. It's happened before, it'll happen again.”

Kay's thoughts of meteors started him thinking about the stuff of life.

“The title is effectively about what we're made of. We are all made up of this funny dust call stardust. I just thought to myself, it'd be nice if we could also look outwards a little bit more, instead of inwards, which is praying. If you do see a big flash in the sky, get on your knees all you like – it's not gonna save any of us.

“I just wanted to get it off my chest, really. There's a great deal religion has to answer for on all fronts. So the song in a way is a bit of an 'up yours'. 'Salvation coming from on-high'? You'll get it when we're hit by a bit of rock the size of your bedroom going 40,000 miles per second. That's gonna cause an awful lot of mess. It'll take us back to the stone age in about 38 seconds.”

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:54    Reply with quote

Wow if that is true, I am absolutely loving the message behind it!!!! Very Happy

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:20    Reply with quote

According to Universal Records Portugal, the next single after WNR will be Blue Skies. A mid-tempo song.

It will be released during the month of November.

russky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27    Reply with quote

that would have been the Malaysian Grand Prix then where it turned into a monsoon Exclamation

so the album is an 'up yours' to religion Question Very Happy i didn't know he was interested in space, ecology & futurology?

also this looks as though it will be in the cd booklet Idea

Last edited by russky on Tue Aug 24, 2010 16:15; edited 1 time in total

Geuze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 14:15    Reply with quote

Really great to have a reading like this about the ideas and thoughts behind a song / album / concept. RDLS in this case. I find it interesting (and positive) Jay not to be a religious person. It always opens a wide amount of possibilities to reach the ideology from the stars and the universe. Funny though that Jay is often heard saying 'god bless you' at the end of live gigs! Wink

ryan*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 16:36    Reply with quote

Geuze wrote:
I find it interesting (and positive) Jay not to be a religious person. It always opens a wide amount of possibilities to reach the ideology from the stars and the universe. Funny though that Jay is often heard saying 'god bless you' at the end of live gigs! Wink

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

Javis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 16:44    Reply with quote

ryan* wrote:
Geuze wrote:
I find it interesting (and positive) Jay not to be a religious person. It always opens a wide amount of possibilities to reach the ideology from the stars and the universe. Funny though that Jay is often heard saying 'god bless you' at the end of live gigs! Wink

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

is ridiculous to argument that god exists quoting the bible.

ryan*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 19:44    Reply with quote

How should you argue then Javis?

russky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 19:44    Reply with quote

ryan - did you join this forum just to say that?

ryan*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 19:48    Reply with quote

Hey Russky, was catching up on info re the new release - saw the comment and wanted to respond.

Love Jay Kay and the band - looking forward to November. Does anyone know if the horns from the first few albums will return?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: