jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rock Dust Light Star leaked.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 22:29    Reply with quote

Cosmic Noe wrote:
. One of the "experts" in this site saw Jamiroquai for the first time in 2006, so what the hell are we talking about???!!!

Mmm... yeah, that could be me?. Sorry for not being born in 1976!
Just for the record, I never never categorized anyone under the label of 'true' or 'bad' fans. I feel like you got me all wrong, for some reason. But it's ok, the rules of internet and not being able to express correctly, perhaps.

About the leak, I think that at the end of the day it's all just too personal. This same debate happened in 2005, the internet gave us a (moral?) choice that didn't exist in the 90's, and that is listening something entirely before buying it. But not just a bad quality streaming, but actual MP3 files with good quality... that you can keep. Laws and recording rights on the internet is something that needs to be taking care of asap, I think. Because is like showing money to a homeless guy, he's gonna go for it (although I like more the metaphor of raw meat! haha). We probably have the entire music catalogue of the history at our dispossal. It's a little bit overwhelming. The rules have changed, and so the perception of music. I know people who never bought a record, they have all in folders and mp3's. Is not necessarily bad, but those people are missing something.

I can't speak for everyone, I'm waiting because in 2005 I heard Dynamite at Sony, and then downloaded the thing weeks before the actual release. When I went to the record store and bought it, it was such an empty experience. It was like buying without the emotional payoff of actually listening to it once I got home. I like the cd, the lp, on my hands. I'm a graphic designer so I can't help it, I like the artwork of an album (yes yes, no matter how weak it can be -RDLS-). It has to do with the difference between the MP3 folder and 2 clicks, and having something on a shelf, take it, and play it.

It's an interesting subject of conversation and debate, I think.

Júlia*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 22:34    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:

I think fans are like dogs on raw meat, we take whatever we can get! Cool

Laughing 5thumbsup

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

Cosmic Noe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 23:21    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
Cosmic Noe wrote:
. One of the "experts" in this site saw Jamiroquai for the first time in 2006, so what the hell are we talking about???!!!

Mmm... yeah, that could be me?. Sorry for not being born in 1976!
Just for the record, I never never categorized anyone under the label of 'true' or 'bad' fans. I feel like you got me all wrong, for some reason. But it's ok, the rules of internet and not being able to express correctly, perhaps.

About the leak, I think that at the end of the day it's all just too personal. This same debate happened in 2005, the internet gave us a (moral?) choice that didn't exist in the 90's, and that is listening something entirely before buying it. But not just a bad quality streaming, but actual MP3 files with good quality... that you can keep. Laws and recording rights on the internet is something that needs to be taking care of asap, I think. Because is like showing money to a homeless guy, he's gonna go for it (although I like more the metaphor of raw meat! haha). We probably have the entire music catalogue of the history at our dispossal. It's a little bit overwhelming. The rules have changed, and so the perception of music. I know people who never bought a record, they have all in folders and mp3's. Is not necessarily bad, but those people are missing something.

I can't speak for everyone, I'm waiting because in 2005 I heard Dynamite at Sony, and then downloaded the thing weeks before the actual release. When I went to the record store and bought it, it was such an empty experience. It was like buying without the emotional payoff of actually listening to it once I got home. I like the cd, the lp, on my hands. I'm a graphic designer so I can't help it, I like the artwork of an album (yes yes, no matter how weak it can be -RDLS-). It has to do with the difference between the MP3 folder and 2 clicks, and having something on a shelf, take it, and play it.

It's an interesting subject of conversation and debate, I think.

If you fit the jacket, put it on! I wasn't born in 1976 either, but I saw them since the first time they came, it has nothing to do with our birth days. And you're right: you didn't entitled fans, I was just putting an example. I'll soon start a new topic named "Nervous colapse before releasing the album" I do make myself clear, in spanish and in english if it's necessary Smile

As for the quality of the leak, it's very good. Moral about Internet? I think it's impossible to control fair downloading. I also like to have the CD in my hands, check the booklet, credits, lyrics, pics... and listening to the material if I can have it before it's oficcially out! Maybe Meike's thought it correct: at first, there were a 30 seconds clip and then OOPS!! the entire album has leaked!

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 23:30    Reply with quote

Cosmic Noe wrote:

I wasn't born in 1976 either, but I saw them since the first time they came

And I didn't because I couldn't, does that qualify me for 'something' that I'm not aware of?
I don't understand the point of bringing the "when" "someone" saw or didn't see a "what" first or not.

_

Ok, getting back on topic... I don't think the record company 'leaks' an album on purpose. I could understand if it was just the sampler, for example. But the entire thing? Most people will surely say 'why buying something I already have?'. And I don't blame them.

Javis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 23:49    Reply with quote

Dye, come on bro, I think you're overreacting lately. Calm down, smoke some shit and enjoy your waiting in peace Razz

mr.az

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 00:30    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
Dye, come on bro, I think you're overreacting lately. Calm down, smoke some shit and enjoy your waiting in peace Razz

agree with you javis
btw, since internet times many bands leaks albums before, just for fans.
i remember the last green day album''21st century breakdown'' got leaked in a music site and the band just said that they dont care , in fact they like it, then they said they donwload stuff too.

i know, is not the same style of band, not the same kind of fans maybe, etc...but you got it, and they know the concerts is were the money is, so they sell all the last gig, just between a broadway debut the last year.

radiohead have''in rainbows'' for leak too
even if u dont pay, the links were everywhere
radiohead, again,not the same style, but they know how to do it.

i know both fanbases and they are die-hard like us, the difference is that they dont get so upset about a leak, they enjoy, then they go to the shows and try to share the music to everyone and help other people discover the bands...in the past we have casettes and we share songs recording to each other, now we have this.

i am ok with the policy of dont leak download links, in the green day community they do the same, but i dont see the big deal if u know songs before official release...in fact, we know already many new songs in bootlegs trough the net,youtube videos, they put new details, etc.

is time to chill out
as die-hard fans, we need to just now see what we like and what we dont.
if u ask me, i am using my fb page and my youtube page to show jamiroquai to more people, so i am helping them.
and ill be supporting always.

i think we all do, is just that we all dont take the same news the same ways.

why dont we joke more, as the jamily always do????
relaz, is just 7 days before release,we all can wait with patience

patience is something not so easy to do, but u know how to with the years.

sorry if i say THAT much, i want this site chill out again, because thats why many like the band, is our chill out music(and even more sometimes)
AFO=AUTOMATON

Gobiline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 00:37    Reply with quote

The company record doesn't have thaat much profits on the disc selling. Some corrupt employees decides to sell the album to the pirates and they make a lot of money on it. Later, they don't care if the album is "Thriller" or a minor artist disc. They already earned a lot. Because the benefit of each sold disc for the staff in the company record is nothing... purely cents.

And it's not a theory, it's a fact.

Cosmic Noe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:08    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
Cosmic Noe wrote:

I wasn't born in 1976 either, but I saw them since the first time they came

And I didn't because I couldn't, does that qualify me for 'something' that I'm not aware of?
I don't understand the point of bringing the "when" "someone" saw or didn't see a "what" first or not.

_

Ok, getting back on topic... I don't think the record company 'leaks' an album on purpose. I could understand if it was just the sampler, for example. But the entire thing? Most people will surely say 'why buying something I already have?'. And I don't blame them.

I'll explain it for you, for the last time: in some post, including this one, I saw people writing about how good or bad fans are if we download or not the leak. Since I disagree with that vission, I tried to explain myself with an example that obviously touched your ego. For me, good fans, bad fans or expert fans don't exist: we all are just fans. PERIOD. The rest, it's all your posts replying to mine. If you're a good samaritan and wait 'til november 1st 'cos you want to have peace in your mind, 'cos you like original stuff, or whatever reason, it's OK. But not 'cos you're better fan than anyone else (and again, I'm not saying YOU said that, it's just my opinion about other people's post)

@ Jarvis and Mr Az: fellow argentinians! You DO understand what I meant right?

Love, peace and music Very Happy

mr.az

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:20    Reply with quote

[quote="Cosmic Noe"][quote="Dye"]
Cosmic Noe wrote:

For me, good fans, bad fans or expert fans don't exist: we all are just fans. PERIOD. The rest, it's all your posts replying to mine. If you're a good samaritan and wait 'til november 1st 'cos you want to have peace in your mind, 'cos you like original stuff, or whatever reason, it's OK. But not 'cos you're better fan than anyone else (and again, I'm not saying YOU said that, it's just my opinion about other people's post)

@ Jarvis and Mr Az: fellow argentinians! You DO understand what I meant right?

Love, peace and music Very Happy

yes we understand u noe Wink
is time to bring some peace here¡¡¡¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:21    Reply with quote

Ufff...
Fine.

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 01:43    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Could it probably be that the leak happend on purpose? Do record companies do things like that in some cases? I mean, after all the polarisation and slam which the released songs caused... could be a strategic action? Just an idea, but am not sure about it.

Anyways... we are nearly there!! Release in Germany in 4 days!! Yay!! Very Happy

Of course there is an strategic action......one of my best friends who works on the music industry told me that he knows that companies always do that becouse there is a lot of people who prefer first to download, listen and then if they like, they go and buy the record.....c'm people.....dont be so naive (naif) all this things are marketing strategics.....nobody is going to be betrayed and lose money!! on the contrary!! they are going to earn a lot of money becouse the album will sell good and jmqi will do a lot of expensive concerts!

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 02:09    Reply with quote

woww argentinians changing opinions in our unique style!!! with a lot of emotions....how we like....hehehe one of the reasons why i love to be one!! hehehe.

i like the parte of smoke some shit! hehehe cheeba cheeba Razz Laughing Laughing

Musicholic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 02:43    Reply with quote

finally got to hear the new tracks
bravo guys!!! great way to start a new genre of JMQ Very Happy

i was thinking...RDLS leaked like a week before the actual release date could be intentional, i could be wrong though

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 02:49    Reply with quote

This goes beyond the "moral barrier", it's the whole music "culture" that is changing. For example: I really don't like the fact of being able to purchase single tracks instead of the whole album (iTunes?). I'm ok with music being sold in mp3 through iTunes, but you should only be able to purchase the whole album (except for a few occasions, such as rare songs or exclusive bonus tracks)...

Mp3s are great for background music on the pc, or mp3 players and iPods for example, but I'd like to have a lot more real albums than the ones I have in my shelf, and less mp3 folders in my hard drive (if I could)

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 03:40    Reply with quote

There's no point in discuss this issue here and now. We are talking about Jamiroquai and their music. The whole thing about internet, piracy and music industry is an issue with 20 years. WTF guys, why are we talking about this now?

if for you, having a material thing in your hands makes the difference, is ok for YOU, don't judge others people decision on when and how to listen.

for me, music is just music, has nothing to do with the device where it's stored.

I'm glad that internet and mp3 exists because they gave me the oportunity for know more artists and music. Buying or not a recording is something personal, I think people who don't buys records woudlnt buy if internet were not there either.

regarding piracy, it's old as the music is, music that can't be copied is music that cant be herd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: