jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Verva Street Racing Warsaw, Poland - 20.9.2014
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 07:03    Reply with quote

Verva Street Racing Warsaw, Poland - 20.9.2014
Verva Street Racing
Warsaw, Poland

http://vervastreetracing.pl/jamiroquai-2/?lang=en

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (81301 KB) is 1280 x 435 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

..whos' coming?.. Wink

Trolll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 08:48    Reply with quote

Yay! They even announce Toby Smith, Stuart Zender and Wallis Buchanan! They know how to turn fans on! Wink

Thanks for the info Janluka! Moreover, tickets are pretty cheap (equivalent to 26 euros)

ophone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 22:54    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
Yay! They even announce Toby Smith, Stuart Zender and Wallis Buchanan! They know how to turn fans on! Wink

lol? Wink

Trolll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 23:37    Reply with quote

The English version of the site is not very good, but it says:
Quote:
The most popular make-up of the band, apart from Jay Kay himself, includes the drummer Derrick McKenzie, the keyboardist Toby Smith, the bass player Stuart Zender and Wallis Buchanan who plays on an Aboriginal instrument, the didgeridoo.

The sentence is not clear, but if they do mean this is the current line-up, then they copy-pasted a (very slightly) old biography Smile

Curry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
The English version of the site is not very good, but it says:
Quote:
The most popular make-up of the band, apart from Jay Kay himself, includes the drummer Derrick McKenzie, the keyboardist Toby Smith, the bass player Stuart Zender and Wallis Buchanan who plays on an Aboriginal instrument, the didgeridoo.

The sentence is not clear, but if they do mean this is the current line-up, then they copy-pasted a (very slightly) old biography Smile

Actually if you read the phrase I underlined, you can see that they're not talking about who's going to be there. The article is actually referencing the most popular formation of Jamiroquai. Think of it as a history lesson or a trip down memory lane. It's simply there for reference.

In my opinion the English version isn't bad and I was able to understand it just fine. Cool

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 06:08    Reply with quote

Laughing
it reads fine for English, but yes Curry points out mentioning the old make-up of the band (which makes it outdated).

either way Poland will be happy! while drinking their potato vodka!

so I'm sad to learn that Shuffler are not together anymore. So it seems they will not be producing a cd. Crying or Very sad I was looking so forward to that music (of the new Jami make-up members)

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 07:47    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
Laughing
it reads fine for English, but yes Curry points out mentioning the old make-up of the band (which makes it outdated).

Noooo.......lol. Laughing

It's not outdated. They're just mentioning the most popular band members....which I think is disrespectful to the current members.

Ah well...sometimes those who think they're well informed make the biggest blunders.

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 14:59    Reply with quote

Apparently, they only played 5 tracks...

Setlist:
Cosmic Girl
Alright
Runaway
Love Foolosophy
Deeper Underground

I just hope this was not the last Jamiroquai gig ever...

Trolll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 00:12    Reply with quote

Diamond_Doc wrote:

Ouch ! Very Happy
Well, maybe they were just an "interlude" between two racing sessions or something, but I hope no one crossed Europe to attend the gig and get... "that" !

Curry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 07:45    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
Diamond_Doc wrote:

Ouch ! Very Happy
Well, maybe they were just an "interlude" between two racing sessions or something, but I hope no one crossed Europe to attend the gig and get... "that" !

I know I shouldn't laugh, but the thought was terribly funny! Laughing

JAMIROQUAIPARIS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 09:29    Reply with quote

jamiroquai verva street racing naradowy stadium varsovie poland 20/09/14

cosmic girl alright love foolosophy white knucle ride deeper underground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rKKNXmOtU

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:39    Reply with quote

JAMIROQUAIPARIS wrote:
jamiroquai verva street racing naradowy stadium varsovie poland 20/09/14

cosmic girl alright love foolosophy white knucle ride deeper underground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rKKNXmOtU

Well it seems someone did! Wink

__Janluka__

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00    Reply with quote

Verva Street or Verva S**t?
..everything started in a great mood. When i was in Warzaw, it seemed to have a great event: a lot of people, stands, cars, great mood about the car show. Apparently.

On saturday, all the Warzaw stadium was so armored: no way to come in. At the beginning of the afternoon i listened to some family sounds with (finally!!) a family voice!!.. Jay was soundckecking with the band, and from outside the venue, it was so gourgeous!.. Great mood, great feelings, great vibrations. About ten songs, so i thought: "if the set will be split in three sections, it means we'll have three 30-mins shows" and it sounded great..

After a long waiting, at 6pm finally they opened the gates. At 7pm, the carshow started. For more than an hour, no trace of "jamiroquai" or "jk" in the looooooooong talking at the microphone. They screamed (!!) only in polish language and without any english translate (and they bully said: "it's an international event", no guy there able to speak English).

Some stupid cars, without any parameter of, rounded around a track. Where was the "Incredible show"?..

Epic fail during the show: a slow Mini tried to jump but it crashed. So they at Verva did started the Jamiro's show without any presentation. Then the audience noticed Jay and the guys just because the music (too many distance from the venue). Just 2 songs, "Cosmic Girl" and "Alright". Then, stop.

Ok, i thought. Probably Verva changed the plan because the fail (but they didn't forecast any problem???), the next stage will be better.

Another long hour, without any surprise, more stupid cars around a track and they started to repeat more and more "redbull". Ok. Ok.

Finally, they introduce the band. But people started to go to toilet, to eat something, to go smoking outside, without any feelings with the band.

Then, after meeting jay's eyes, i started to dance and i was so happy because the guys were played in a great mood. Jay was wonderful!! Very Happy

But.

Just 2 songs. With people thinking to piss, to eat, to smoke.

And the end of that 2nd set was terrible, something as "stop, we can't play anymore" (not more than 10 mins).

and again, stupid cars, stupid overexcited drivers, just words and an horrible soundtrack of the event.

But the better was just coming. The GREAT SHOW, the Main event, "the competition that only the toughest drivers will survive – The Destruction Race!".. Fu*k them! they crashed both the cars before entering in the venue, then no "destruction time".

The unqualified host of the show went away, without say anything about the problem. So, people started to leave their places, thinking there was anymore.

Without any introduction, with a empty stadium, the band was on the stage. I can't descride their faces. Playing with no people (and feeling the same as stopgap) i think it's the perfect form of humiliation for the band. A terrible version of Deeper Underground said "the end" for a shi*ty organization. Then (in order: Jay -with a black face-, Derrick, Paul, Matt and Sola) went away like the wind on the backstage.

Terrible. A nightmare.

Never again at Verva.

Trolll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 13:20    Reply with quote

Ouch Janluka, I feel your pain...
What a pity for the fans and for the band.
From what you say, even for the car enthusiast, the whole thing was pretty crap.

(and lol @ Diamond Doc !)

JAMIROQUAIPARIS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 17:15    Reply with quote

what was the time for the reshearal songs ? i missed it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> *Rock Dust Light Star* - The Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: