jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New didgeridoo player for Jamiroquai!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

funkyleah

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:23    Reply with quote

New didgeridoo player for Jamiroquai!
Hey Jamily,

Yes, that's right, there is a new didgeridoo player in the band!
I spotted this on Wikipedia a couple of days ago. Here is the proof:

There hasn't been a didge player in the band since 1999 (I was born in 2000 so I've never been alive at the same time as the band having a didgeridoo player) so it's nice to see it come back. I have grown to love the tracks such as Didjerama, Didgin' Out, Didjital Vibrations and also Supersonic despite having a bit of an aversion to them for a while. (Why? I love the didgeridoo!)

Hopefully this guy is just as good as Wallis Buchanan was!

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 16:27    Reply with quote

Very nice find!!! Soooooo, I think that means we are going to be getting some of the classic Jamiroquai sound which was present during the first three albums (and a tiny bit on Synkronized)! That's going to be amazing because I remember that interview a few years back where Jay Kay said he recorded a sequel song to Emergency on Planet Earth (unless this was a hoax interview). Don't know whether it will make it to the album but Jamiroquai and didgeridoo together is awesome! I sometimes wish he'd bring back his DJ too because I really enjoyed the little bit of cuttin' and scratchin' the DJ added to songs on the first few albums.

funkyleah

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 21:04    Reply with quote

I agree, the DJ was pretty good, especially on Travelling Without Moving (the song).

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 21:28    Reply with quote

We all know anyone anywhere can edit the wikipedia page without any kind of restriction, right?
Until official confirmation, I'd be very suspicious. But it does make us intrigued by the possibility of it, that's for sure.

funkyleah

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 21:54    Reply with quote

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. There is no other evidence of there being a new didgeridoo player in the band, so it's kinda unknown for now, but I really hope it is true.

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 08:45    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
We all know anyone anywhere can edit the wikipedia page without any kind of restriction, right?
Until official confirmation, I'd be very suspicious. But it does make us intrigued by the possibility of it, that's for sure.

That was my first thought. Just wait to see...

Poderfunk

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 19:20    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:

yea... Confused

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 00:55    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:

so true!

Hey DJ, keep playing that song, all night 2shocking

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 02:51    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:

After finding out about the Wikipedia addition the other day, I did do a search on Google for anyone with that name who might play the didgeridoo and couldn't find anybody :/ Even looked on Facebook. But hey, not everyone has an internet presence or social media profiles so who knows? You're right though Dye.

Trolll

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:50    Reply with quote

The name was added on February 15th by someone who doesn't have an actual Wikipedia account.
Here's the update history for the IP address through which the content was updated :
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?limit=50&title=Special%3AContributions&contribs=user&target=107.107.58.137&namespace=&tagfilter=&year=2016&month=-1

An IP address can change owner, but this page doesn't send a positive signal saying this source is reliable.

The Wikipedia page also lists "Tony 'TANGO' Threlfall – fractal designs" as a past musician, and the Wiki history also listed unknown names (such as "Donny Wallace - Platins").

My bet is unfortunately on a hoax! Confused

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 13:23    Reply with quote

Tony Tango... a guy from new York... Very Happy

General IP Information
IP: 107.107.58.0
Decimal: 1802189312
ISP: AT&T Wireless
Organization: AT&T Wireless
Time zone: America/New_York
IP local Time: 05/10/2016, 09:24:08

funkyleah

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 15:08    Reply with quote

Aww, what? This is pretty devastating news. I really did think that was true, even though I also couldn't find much about the guy. Thanks for your detective work though guys. You certainly put more effort into this than I did! Smile

Trolll

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 08:43    Reply with quote

I would have liked that too! Didgeridoo is part of the essence of the band!
BTW, I already read a couple of times that Wallis didn't want to hear about Jamiroquai anymore, but never got to know why.
(Maybe Jay simply said "you're not needed anymore" and slammed the door?)

funkyleah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 17:38    Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this for a while, especially since there's been a rumour that the 8th Jami album will return to its roots - which the didgeridoo was a huge part of. I've just checked the Jamiroquai Wiki page again and Alex Wasilewski is still on there. So, I'd say that this is probably either real, or the Jamiroquai Wiki just isn't getting looked at anymore! (I hope that's not the case...) The reason why it could be real is because if somebody alters a Wikipedia page and places false information on there, it tends to be removed quickly. (e.g. people have said "omg look at ___'s wikipedia! someone wrote ____ on it!" 7 minutes ago, I go and look, and it's gone already.) So surely if this was a hoax, it would be removed quickly...? But months have passed since I made this post and it's still there. So either the Jamiroquai wiki page has less visitors nowadays, or the band really does have a new didge player. And I'm really hoping they do.

Trolll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:22    Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8nIGKbpJY

Wink

(but I hope I'm wrong!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: