jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New Jamiroquai Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Curry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:45    Reply with quote

da boogie wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmlmOk4ubcU

Sweet, it was posted today AND it's on the VEVO channel! That'll hopefully give them some heavy push.

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 14:09    Reply with quote

Just saw the video!! It's so awesome! I really like it. Those moves!!! I always had to watch that hat.. so fascinating how it resonates and reacts to jay emotions! Shocked

Lots of questions though, I gonna start with two of them:

1. Who is the man in white? Is that Jay himself? First I thought it is some stranger, but then I noticed the nose... looks like Jay for me. I have to check it again...

2. Who noticed Jay naked at the beach? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 14:13    Reply with quote

The concept of both songs are video are very well put together. There are many little things to think about, specially when he finds the old hat at the end. Interesting!
Also love how he lets himself loose once the music does it too, near the end. It has the Jamiroquai flavour but 25 years later. I'm really, really digging this.

da boogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 14:48    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:

Yes Laughing

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 15:29    Reply with quote

WHOAAAAA
The song really fits the video, also, surprises me that when the robots sounds appears, the hat moves Shocked

And the song is very emotional Razz Very Happy

The wait was worth¡¡¡¡ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
AFO=AUTOMATON

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 15:31    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Just saw the video!! It's so awesome! I really like it. Those moves!!! I always had to watch that hat.. so fascinating how it resonates and reacts to jay emotions! Shocked

1. Who is the man in white? Is that Jay himself? First I thought it is some stranger, but then I noticed the nose... looks like Jay for me. I have to check it again...

The scene at the room reminds me so much of matrix.
Also, the hat always moving when jay sees or feels something, is a step ahead from the old hat he is seeing in the dust.
AFO=AUTOMATON

Curry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 15:50    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:

1. My mother saw it and thought the same thing you did.

2. *raises hand*

iranterres

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 17:08    Reply with quote

For me the video served mostly to showcase the new hat, the video only started to feel cohesive with the song in the remaining 1:30.

And guys, please I know that you're fans but come on... Stop this bullshit "omg is so fucking awesome I got tears in my eyes!!!!11111" because the video is not that great, looks rather low-key compared to the videos in Dynamite era (the best produced ones in my opinion) but yes, the jamiroquai flavor is there! Seeing how some people here blindly accepts things how they are irks me and with good reasons.

By the way I wish the sound quality of the video made to the single as well which is not the case, it sounds so much cleaner and so much better.

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 17:27    Reply with quote

iranterres, I agree the video is so so. It's mostly just JK walking around in a tunnel. After listening to the song several times, I like it. It lacks a good bass line and the keys arrangement seems cliched tbh. I felt that way about the lead single from RDLS as well (White Knuckle Ride) which also felt redundant in a bad way. I've seen some people comment that this song sounds a lot like EDM that's been done before. I'm not a big listener of that genre so I can't really say. Matt Johnson's arrangements lack creative punch for me.

Personally, I loved the old school breakdown in the song... would've been cool if they could've fused that sound better with this EDM sound.

funk4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 17:48    Reply with quote

Damn, those funky footmoves during the bridge Very Happy Love it.

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 19:51    Reply with quote

iranterres wrote:
For me the video served mostly to showcase the new hat, the video only started to feel cohesive with the song in the remaining 1:30.

And guys, please I know that you're fans but come on... Stop this bullshit "omg is so fucking awesome I got tears in my eyes!!!!11111" because the video is not that great, looks rather low-key compared to the videos in Dynamite era (the best produced ones in my opinion) but yes, the jamiroquai flavor is there! Seeing how some people here blindly accepts things how they are irks me and with good reasons.

By the way I wish the sound quality of the video made to the single as well which is not the case, it sounds so much cleaner and so much better.

Ha! This is funny because I've been asking for years to stop with the this is crap, it's not music, I want Toby and stu back bullshit

funkyette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:10    Reply with quote

I like to interpret the video as an ode to VI, DU, AFO (album itself) and even BS.

The new "hat" reminds me of a spike ball Laughing

If no one would have mentioned a naked Jay, I wouldn't even have noticed it Laughing . Cheeky fellow

This video proves he still has got it starting from 3:21 Wink

I thought the cinematography and scenery are great but my only critique is that the video kinda dragged on

def.con.1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 21:36    Reply with quote

I liked it. First time watching I just thought, Jay Kay is going to do "the robot" at some point in this video, and then he did! I just wish the video would've showcased his moves a bit more.

That short little bit toward the end where he's dancing in the dark tunnel is fucking great, but it's so damn dark you can barely see him. They should've filmed a longer dance routine in the brighter "white" tunnel, shown later in the video.

Also, not sure how obvious it is to some of you, but the video looks like a loose take on David Bowie's 1970s sci-fi film interpretation of "The Man Who Fell To Earth" about an alien who crash lands and gets stranded on earth. Making it even more obvious, Jay Kay sings "I feel like the man who fell to earth" in the song itself.

Like Bowie's movie, the video depicts Jay Kay's capsule crashing to earth, him sitting in a chair watching a wall of TVs, and him being manipulated/studied/abused by some kind of nefarious scientist.

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 00:32    Reply with quote

def.con.1 I like that interpretation. I don't really get what character JK is supposed to be playing in the vid tho. Like is he a cyborg? An automaton is a machine. Video looks like it's supposed to be set in a post-apocalyptic setting but then there's the scientist there with a syringe and making the... cyborg watch vids. And nothing really resolves by the end. The narrative structure is unclear.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 01:01    Reply with quote

FunkyVibes wrote:
... And nothing really resolves by the end. The narrative structure is unclear.

I thought the same, there's no real resolution. It got me wondering if, like the Blue Skies/WKR combination, there might be a continuation into the next video? I believe Charlie Lightening, who filmed this one, also did the videos for BS/WKR... And we know the other video has been made already. It's just a thought.

We also haven't seen the appearance of the other 'new' hat yet - the one that's like the old carbon fibre one from Dynamite but with the lighting around the edges of the blades. Unless that was just a prototype that got ditched in favour of this new one? Kind of feels like he's moved on from that style with the robotic one now...

Which reminds me - Diego, are you going to do one of your buffalo men with the new style?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: