jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

New album: Automaton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 00:05    Reply with quote

SkyHigh wrote:
Amazon in the US emailed me this morning,notifying me that my Automaton CD will arrive tomorrow.So I guess the US release is now running properly?

Not according to BestBuy.com:

Arrow https://i.redd.it/qfjxvei0h0ry.jpg

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 16:59    Reply with quote

I'm in U.S. and got my CD this week.
Funny, the song "We can do it" I kinda passed up initially (kinda silly:P ) , but it's the one that kept playing in my head! Laughing Now I like it.

Now that I have the album and listened again it's almost like a Reggae (roll the r) vibe, with added reverb and groove. w/one spot sounding like a Trainspotting tune! Very Happy

But anyway I chased my kid around singing this one so she can't get it outta her head!

ragadoodles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 15:07    Reply with quote

Automaton is much worse than feared. The third lousy album in a row. For me now it's time to say bye-bye Jamiroquai.
@Cosmicmouse: please delete my account Exclamation

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 07:59    Reply with quote

ragadoodles wrote:
Automaton is much worse than feared. The third lousy album in a row. For me now it's time to say bye-bye Jamiroquai.

Heh, intense.

msammon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 22:23    Reply with quote

i will now always, for me, relate jamiroquai to kid cudi in a way

when man on the moon I & II were released they were amazing. then the 3rd album comes along and me and others were saying what the fuck....

well jamiroquai same kinda with synkronized BUT!!!!
you must consider jamiroquai has always been changing their sound. TWM is far different than EOPE or even ROTSC. So like them for being innovators with excellent music

i just love this new album. the direction is ahead of its time

blueclipse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 18:43    Reply with quote

To me Jamiroquai's journey as a band feels the most similar to Incubus. Signature sound to start on SCIENCE and then refined the sound on the next two albums only to have to replace the bassist Dirk Lance (Alex Katunich) on their fourth album. The sound shifted drastically and in some ways it was for the best and in some ways it wasn't. They lost their groove somewhat and became a straight alt rock band. They did try some experimentation here and there but it never really captured the allure of their early albums.

SkyHigh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 21:55    Reply with quote

ragadoodles wrote:

Good bye Smile I'm a real fan who is in it for the long haul.I'm enjoying the journey.

renatog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 21:55    Reply with quote

Honestly, I will always stay a fan, regardless of how much I dislike their album(s). I tried to like this one, I really did. There are some parts that I liked:
Vitamin
Automaton (mostly the bridge)
Shake It On
Hot Property
Something About You
Dr. Buzz

Some that were "meh":
Cloud 9
Superfresh (just the chorus)
Summer Girl

Some that I didn't do much for me:
Nights Out In The Jungle (except for the DJ scratch part that took me back to the old days!)
We Can Do It
Carla (sounds similar to MJ's Off the Wall with that bassline)

Anyway, those are just my .02. RDLS was similar, didn't do much for me. I was kind of hoping for a throwback album but JK might be too much into himself to write/compose anything worthy of the first 4 albums.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ophone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 04:12    Reply with quote

After my first listen, in my car with a decent sound system, I was quite disappointed. The album wasn't what I was expecting.
But after CosmicMouse's advice, I gave it a second chance and now I really like it.
It's fresh and electrifying.
There is only one song on it that I don't like so much: Superfresh.
My two favourites are:
- Hot Property
- Dr Buzz

Cosmic_Tanja

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:02    Reply with quote

The Song Automaton made me cry! CRY!! when I first heard it. I listened to it 5 more times and still cried: Jamiroquai is back!!
That's how much I LOVE this song! It's my favorit track in so many years and even now after listening to it for at least 200 times, I am not bored by it.
Listening it loud still gives me goosebumps! It's a masterpiece for me and I cannot understand all the dislikes for it. I applaude Jay for not using the same chorus lyrics, because that is a risky move for the music charts! Automaton could be on the Soundtrack for the new Blade Runner!

Shake it on and Superfresh are kinda similar to me. They could have been merged into one song. (not as in a bad way) While Shake it on is probably more mature, I just can't get enough of Superfresh!
It's my second favorit track from Automaton. I just love vocoder, talkbox and other voice effects. This song gives me sooo much energy!! I just want to move and dance all day!

Cloud 9 is nice. But for me not more than that. Not bad, not boring, but also not extraordenarily exciting. If it was from another band, I'd be more impressed. I love the intro, it gives me this picture: I just died and now I am going up, up, up, up into the sky over the clouds to the 9th cloud Smile

Hot Property is my third favorit track from this album. So funky to me and I love the synth solos near the end!

Something about you is great! All the changes make it interesting and the bridge is super catchy!

Summer Girl: The first time I heard it, I thought Jay repeated "Summer Girl" too much. I get annoyed easily by too much repetition. But now that feeling is gone (although usually it is the other way around!) and I love the old disco feeling. It's a second Cosmic Girl for me!!

Nights out in the jungle: I was so looking forward to this, because usually I like Jay's solo compositions most. But this feels like a too long and unfinished track for me. Sorry to say so. Also the screaming sample made me giggle. It's not really good. The great bassline gets lost after half a minute.

Dr. Buzz: It starts like an ok song, but then it transforms into a true masterpiece of music! Even pink floyd would love this! Thank you Rob for that guitar!!

We can do it is probably the "ugliest" song Jamiroquai ever made. Not that ugly always means bad with art (when you gonna learn sounds a bit ugly for me too, and I love it!), but in this case think it is the weakest song of the album.

Vitamin sounds like an old Jamiroquai song! Why are the old fans not happy? I know I am! It's a bit jazzy, a bit experimental, not too much pop, some funk, no disco, weird beats and in overall good music!

Carla is a nice song! It sounds like an old disco tune from the 70s. It also reminds me of that "Murder on the dancefloor" song by Sophie Ellis Bexter or Molokos "Sing it back". I'd be proud if my father made me such a song.

Nice and Spicy is the new "Radio"? Maybe the only song that I did not find catchy yet. Even the tracks I did not like much were catchy to me.
Nice and Spicy is still a 7/10 for me, but not a highlight.

Runaway Maggie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 08:55    Reply with quote

I can't believe I haven't listen to the new album at all yet (such a bad fan!) And it's taken me years to return to this site.
Still, it's on order and I hope it arrives for me to listen to a few times before the O2 gig (if it goes ahead). Otherwise I'll have lots of time to listen.
Hope Jay's back is better soon Sad

funkyette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 19:26    Reply with quote

I am digging this album and it's giving me summer vibes all year round sunny

I feel like Nice & Spicy and Summer Girl were made just for me Cool Razz

Sharpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 20:26    Reply with quote

A Summer Girl remix taken from Solar Radio http://www116.zippyshare.com/v/Q1VktPPe/file.html

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 20:04    Reply with quote

Automaton
Cloud 9
Superfresh
Summer Girl
Nights Out In The Jungle

Wow, can't remember the last time we got so many videos from an album.

grevatious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 20:57    Reply with quote

Is it me or nothing happened in that last video? Why did they choose to make a video for a song many consider to be the weakest of the album?! oh well

Dye wrote:
Automaton
Cloud 9
Superfresh
Summer Girl
Nights Out In The Jungle

Wow, can't remember the last time we got so many videos from an album.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61

Jump to: