jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

LIVE DATES 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Curry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 17:41    Reply with quote

I think whether or not the sales were 95% fans or if they were done by 60% of scalpers remains to be seen. As I'm aware (being one of those who failed miserably at pre-sale and roundhouse on their own site) if Roundhouse can only house 1700 and if we take the number of Likes from the Automaton video (which is currently nearing 48,000), it wouldn't be too far of a conclusion to surmise that a grand majority of Jamiroquai's fanbase will not be able to land tickets. If I do my math right, that's around 96% of fans not able to make it (with 100% fan traffic).

Let's add O2 Arena. It's capacity is 20,000. Using the Liked numbers from the video, you're looking at a little over half of Jamiroquai's fanbase not able to get in. It's around 58%.

Added to the fact that London is uber affordable, you have people rushing for the chance.

I'm not discounting sleazy scalpers or those who think it's ok to resell their tickets. These are people who aren't reading the fine print here. Even if someone were to resell a guest ticket, that person would still have to be accompanied by the booker.

And, really? People are asking to be on guestlists and begging for meet & greets? Wow...that is really pushing it, folks. I don't blame Paul for cutting his responses. That's too entitled for my tastes.

I agree that Ticketmaster needs to improve. A Sold Out sign is needed. A queue system that locks in your ticket is needed (on any site), and if/when they sell out. It needs to drop and alert you that it's either sold out, or there are tickets still on reserve for X amount of minutes.

But that's completely removed from the band, however.

SkillipEvolver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:19    Reply with quote

Ok if anyone's got time, can they quickly school me on what actually happened? I've been working a lot lately and not understood a thing.

All I know is, they went on sale at 10am (presumably!) from seetickets (other channels too?) and by 6pm when I got home they were gone.

So what are we saying?- there were never any available on SeeTickets at 10am at all? And that most tickets got sold off in person over the counter at Roundhouse? That would be infuriating.

www.youtube.com/SkillipEvolver
Www.soundcloud.com/SkillipEvolver

Curry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:46    Reply with quote

SkillipEvolver wrote:
Ok if anyone's got time, can they quickly school me on what actually happened? I've been working a lot lately and not understood a thing.

All I know is, they went on sale at 10am (presumably!) from seetickets (other channels too?) and by 6pm when I got home they were gone.

So what are we saying?- there were never any available on SeeTickets at 10am at all? And that most tickets got sold off in person over the counter at Roundhouse? That would be infuriating.

Basically the influx of fans buying tickets were so huge, that by 5 seconds after 10 am they were all sold out.

People aren't happy because scalpers/touts do have a hand in it as well as the band booking a small venue like Roundhouse. Pre-sale and public sale tickets left at an almost lightning rate to the point where people feel no one had a chance.

It doesn't help that sites like Viagogo has people reselling them off for 5x the original amount.

alyd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:47    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:
I agree that Ticketmaster needs to improve. A Sold Out sign is needed. A queue system that locks in your ticket is needed (on any site), and if/when they sell out. It needs to drop and alert you that it's either sold out, or there are tickets still on reserve for X amount of minutes.

But that's completely removed from the band, however.

And that's the long and the short of what I said. The business of extrapolating London ticket sales from global video views is way beyond my logistical or mathematical skill. All I know is what I've said, I've got into much harder things, and for this band too, with more of a sense of logic and due fairness to the process Smile

SkillipEvolver wrote:

That, had it been the case, would have been bad enough, but understandable.

What actually happened was, (forgive me any bits you know already), that you could sign up for presale and they emailed you to say that was a 10am start on a link to ticketmaster they gave you. The venue was not yet on sale direct.

So on the day you went to the link and there was a countdown and on the stroke of 10am there were no tickets for a very large number of fans who were baffled on facebook and elsewhere.

For many, the site just locked up, and for others who got through, they were just being told that tickets were not available, either seating or standing.

In order to check, you have to click a load of I'm not a robot stuff of choosing images with street signs etc, so people were really having a grind with it. Ticketmaster does not say sold out, so basically, people just spent however long they could on it, before they had to get on with their day; some spent minutes, others hours, others the whole day, hoping something would come up.

Nothing. Loads of bitching on Facebook.

Then emails reminding us when general sale was, once again 10am through ticketmaster and now also through the Roundhouse direct. By now people were getting worried, so I for one checked that the venue had no allocation for in person sales and that they use the same booking system at the venue as they do on the phones in their call centre - so there was no way round.

So come 10am general sale, same thing with ticketmaster, an instant nothing. And now the Roundhouse was unreachable on the phone, instantly from 10am and their site just put you in a queue from 10, which when it finally ended, gave you nothing.

Now of course, within all the above, some people did manage to get tickets... in fact all of them, hence they are all sold and the management and the venue and ticketmaster will be very happy.

But what should have happened is some kind of fair allocation for the presale and a queueing system that actually took account of the fact you were there are the stroke of 10am.. that should be enough to sort the keenest, to the keen and the less keen - it is for everything else.

But even in the event of all tickets being chomped in the first second of sale, there should still have been something on ticketmaster to say sold out, rather than just site not working we're fixing it as it did on the presale or just no tickets available sorry, as it did on both days.

Add to which, people here and on facebook etc, were actually managing to get tickets when all this was going on. Even much later, the venue and ticketmaster seemed to be randomly spitting out tickets.

Now that might have been because people were claiming them in second one and then letting them go for others to catch. But I think it far more likely that the allocation for presale was too small and that the ticketmaster system failed to deal with requests and just crashed.

And then on general sale, with presale already done, I bet there is a chunk allocated for industry, there always is at every gig. So I think in all, people were playing a system that really was not able to give them a fair, first come, first served shot at going.

But like I say, unless anyone from the management went through it all, it's unlikely that this will ever be understood. Hence Paul Turner and indeed the venue saying it's down to the size of the show and how many people wanting to go.

Of course people understand it's small, that means it will be all the better. But really, people got to see Prince and the Roundhouse. And many of the people who were frustrated with this have got into much harder things, including Jamiroquai things. If first second application for tickets does not work, then something is going wrong with the system... they're popular, but not that popular. This should and could have been easier for people.

Bottom line: Something went badly wrong with the ticket sale process.

alyd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:49    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:
SkillipEvolver wrote:

Basically the influx of fans buying tickets were so huge, that by 5 seconds after 10 am they were all sold out.

People aren't happy because scalpers/touts do have a hand in it as well as the band booking a small venue like Roundhouse. Pre-sale and public sale tickets left at an almost lightning rate to the point where people feel no one had a chance.

It doesn't help that sites like Viagogo has people reselling them off for 5x the original amount.

All this ^ too Smile

Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40    Reply with quote

alyd wrote:
They did it for Prince. It's to prevent all the people in the position many are in now looking to the secondary market for solutions, which the show will not profit from but resellers will. They want all the takings to be for the show, so only the original sale gets you in, resell and the ticket is worth zero. It's all there in the emails from the band, even if you are coming with a friend, if they do not enter with you, they don't get in.

And remember, it's in the reseller's best interest not to make a prospective buyer aware of this fact. All they care about is making a profit. I'll be interested to hear how it goes on the night for the likes of Braquet, etc...

alyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 17:27    Reply with quote

I just hope they used PayPal to get them and raise any claim within 30 days of purchase or else... Shocked

SkillipEvolver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 13:12    Reply with quote

Discovered this today... Something called "GlastonJersey" in the UK claiming to have Jamiroquai lined up for their fest.

But there is some kind of bullshit gOing on to the point I'm not even sure if it's a real thing? ---someone might wanna keep an eye on it...

I'm just leaving it here... No time to delve in today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ndtl3
Also search GlastonJersey on FB.

(stupid iOS mobile fb app won't let me copy and paste the URL, grrrrrr) fackin iOS !)

www.youtube.com/SkillipEvolver
Www.soundcloud.com/SkillipEvolver

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 21:50    Reply with quote

jamiroquai in Barcelona
http://www.cruillabarcelona.com/es/artistas-2017/

***STONED AGAIN***

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 23:00    Reply with quote

SkillipEvolver wrote:
Discovered this today... Something called "GlastonJersey" in the UK claiming to have Jamiroquai lined up for their fest.

But there is some kind of bullshit gOing on to the point I'm not even sure if it's a real thing? ---someone might wanna keep an eye on it...

I'm just leaving it here... No time to delve in today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ndtl3
Also search GlastonJersey on FB.

(stupid iOS mobile fb app won't let me copy and paste the URL, grrrrrr) fackin iOS !)

Here you go GlastonJersey FB

Here's what I found on their second post (made January 29th):

Quote:
So, lets just make things perfectly clear amongst all of the #FakeNews from BBC, ITV and many other 'news' outlets. We took the decision hours after the announcement of Jamiroquai and Andy C to withdraw the verbally-agreed contracts because we realised these acts were not special enough to grace the incredible location we have lined up! Yes, they are perfectly good acts, but we're going for greatness. What would Victor Hugo do?
The competition winners will be announced tomorrow night!

Personal opinion, these people are full of it. They're not a real "anything," just people who are invested in bringing fake news.

They have no photos of their own. Most of them look like stock images. Their About page lacks any credible description.

I can't believe these guys and I feel for the people who do.

Dz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 21:40    Reply with quote

Where can I buy resale tickets? is Viagogo reliable?

alyd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 22:37    Reply with quote

Dz wrote:

You will not get in unless you already have a ticket you booked yourself from ticketmaster or the venue. The ticket will have your name on it and you need photo ID with that name to get in. If you have no ticket now, you're not going.

This is why I for one, and many others have been so sore about this, it's hard and fast as per the emails that went out when it went on sale - there is no resale for this venue.

Here are the official Jamiroquai terms and conditions that spell all that out;

Jamiroquai wrote:
Max 2 pp. The lead booker's name is added to the tickets with lead booker needed to produce Photo ID on entry. Venue to print all tickets All bookers confirm they agreed to these T&C during booking process The following ticket copy MUST be used on your T&C. Pls do not deviate from this. The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
--
The lead booker will be asked to present photo ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.
--
If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.

Curry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 01:09    Reply with quote

Dz wrote:

Look up Viagogo scams. You'll think twice about buying from that site.

Also it's always a good idea to read the venue's and the band's terms and conditions in regards to gaining entrance to the concert.

The main points are:

1) The person who buys the ticket will have their name printed on the ticket.

2) Only 2 tickets per person are allowed. Your's and a guest.

3) Guests need to be accompanied by the person who originally bought the tickets.

4) Photo ID is required.

It's always a good idea to brush up and pay attention to any conditions that may have changed. You can't just buy a ticket anymore and expect to get in. This is probably a preventative measure to make sure fans STOP buying from scalpers who sell them off for 6x as the original cost. Not only that, but there have been instances where people will print out a copy of their ticket and resell it. That means you lose out on your purchase while they make off with your money.

Don't feed these people.

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:09    Reply with quote

Hi!
My friend David noticed that the french website Fnac.com is offering an access to an exclusive ticket presale for the Automaton Tour (probably sept/oct 2017) when you preorder the album.
The presale will take place on march 8th, so I guess we'll have more information in a few days!

Max.

Trolll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 17:34    Reply with quote

Hey Doc!

Seeing your message now, after posting the same news on the "Automaton" topic.
But the extra bit of info is:

Jamiroquai - Live in Bercy/AccorHotels Arena - Paris - 29 Nov 2017 !
https://www.leclercbilletterie.com/fr/manifestation/jamiroquai-billet/idmanif/397682
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live 2017 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: