jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

AUTOMATON //Worldwide Radio Premiere TONIGHT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

SkateCowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:09    Reply with quote

eviltimeban wrote:
SkateCowboy wrote:
What a piece of crap.... Rolling Eyes
I guess it is another Album I wont buy or even bother listen to just like that Rock crap dark dust star or what the name was of that last album.

I really hope Zender can release his music soon. I have heard some pieces from his new album. It is really good and it has more Jamiroquai-feeling than what I just heard... Shocked

Zender's been making that album for 20 years... Whatever happened to Azur? And Running Out Of Heroes? I don't know what it is, but he doesn't ever seem to be able to release anything. He should just put out what he wants, he's got his own label now (White Buffalo Recordings).

He hasn't released anything? I don't agree:

Echoes of utopia was supposed to be relesed on his ablum. But they used it on the latest Incognito album instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU3EOUE-M1U

"Track 03" on Alex Greenwalds album "YO" was also a song that was supposed to be released on his album.
https://open.spotify.com/track/49mI7E0JmnP5P5Y3jiYB48

And there is more examples. He also got his laptop stolen few years ago with lot of music for his album, so he had to start over.

Here is a Spotify playlist I am working on with Stu. It is not finished. But he has been releasing music constantly: https://open.spotify.com/user/sopovic/playlist/5gg80UNssL9YlhTOfbcnR2

But as I said earlier. I really hope he can release his own album as he is releasing more music with other artists now than in past 10 years.

Lua

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 15:47    Reply with quote

SkateCowboy wrote:
I guess it is another Album I wont buy or even bother listen to just like that Rock crap dark dust star or what the name was of that last album.

Really? You won't even listen to the album? That sounds lazy...

But I guess this is not exclusivity of the Jamiroquai community. Just now José James also released a new song and a lot of people been hating on him. All because this guy who came from jazz and sang with Mccoy Tyner wants to make more electronic/hip hop music. A "grown jazz legend to a Lil rap boy", as someone said on youtube. tears

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 15:57    Reply with quote

What is really odd is that there's a group of people that always say "blah, all Jamiroquai songs sound the same" and at the same time there's a group that says "They've changed too much, is not what they used to be".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eviltimeban

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 16:46    Reply with quote

SkateCowboy wrote:
eviltimeban wrote:
SkateCowboy wrote:

I really hope Zender can release his music soon. I have heard some pieces from his new album. It is really good and it has more Jamiroquai-feeling than what I just heard... Shocked

Zender's been making that album for 20 years... Whatever happened to Azur? And Running Out Of Heroes? I don't know what it is, but he doesn't ever seem to be able to release anything. He should just put out what he wants, he's got his own label now (White Buffalo Recordings).

Echoes of utopia was supposed to be relesed on his ablum. But they used it on the latest Incognito album instead.

"Track 03" on Alex Greenwalds album "YO" was also a song that was supposed to be released on his album.

And there is more examples. He also got his laptop stolen few years ago with lot of music for his album, so he had to start over.

Here is a Spotify playlist I am working on with Stu. It is not finished. But he has been releasing music constantly: https://open.spotify.com/user/sopovic/playlist/5gg80UNssL9YlhTOfbcnR2

But as I said earlier. I really hope he can release his own album as he is releasing more music with other artists now than in past 10 years.

Thanks for the playlist, will check it out.

eviltimeban

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 16:47    Reply with quote

SkateCowboy wrote:
eviltimeban wrote:
SkateCowboy wrote:

Thanks for the playlist, will check it out.

FunkyVibes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 17:42    Reply with quote

SkateCowboy wrote:

Zender continues to baffle me. How and why in the world did he have all his music on a single laptop? Even if it wasn't stolen, what if that thing died? And his special iroquai bass guitar was also stolen. Who is stealing his stuff lol?

I think he must've smoked too much pot. Guy seems to take forever to do anything after he left Jamiroquai.

funkyette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 19:51    Reply with quote

After a rough 2016, it feels good to finally hear new music from an awesome band. I made sure I listened to live while working Laughing

My first impressions are that it sounds outdated, yet trendy and capable to groove to. I guess with a title track like Automaton, you have to expect it to be more electronic than jazzy or anything organic. I will be honest, since this is from JMQ...it got my attention but if this came from a pop star or current mainstream artist, I wouldn't care for it

Besides from that, I am looking forward to what else Automaton has to offer Wink

After hearing it on BBC 2, i mischievously dl it and played it while driving. I felt so proud showing off a brand new song that no one else in the area would know or have Cool

Last edited by funkyette on Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:43; edited 1 time in total

Curry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:13    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
What is really odd is that there's a group of people that always say "blah, all Jamiroquai songs sound the same" and at the same time there's a group that says "They've changed too much, is not what they used to be".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like you're joining me for that drink. Laughing

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:34    Reply with quote

One more Eek
So we have one song! Yay! Very electronic! Very Digital sounding!!
The outer space Headwear/video -so Jamiroquai!

I really like the chorus begins @ 1:20, which is the majority of the song- very Jamiroquai sound!
@CosmicMouse -But I really do love that Rap and Dance 3:17!
I think a very cool remix could come from this song
Very Happy

Unofficial Lyrics are posted on the official video btw.
"Eyes without a Face" is this a Billy Idol song reference? I think
The Best lyric: "They rule my life from a metal box that's windowless"

So the song is definitely about the world today -how we've become so locked into a cyber world, and it obviously replacing something necessary.
Digital I assume is the digital media or binary code, replacing quality...
and so true and sad.

they sing AutoMaton, but 4:15 switches to Aumo To Maton, which is maybe better rhythmically, but funny how they just change it up! boom!

will they be featured on the new Blade Runner soundtrack? it's due out 2017, and quite a coincidence since a few of you mentioned the likeness.

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:37    Reply with quote

Fiiinalllly!!
OMG! Sooo excited! What a song! What a video! And I'm so with Mouse! But first, I'm soooo so happy! To listen to a new song clapping clapping off, go watching vid again and again!!!

it´s only once or twice you´re in line with mr. moon !!

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 20:43    Reply with quote

SkateCowboy wrote:

We don't need this kind of posts

You don't like it? that's OK, but what's the point on coming over with the same old story of "This is not the Jamiroquai I knew, they suck since Stu left, etc" on every album release?

We are enjoying the single, and the video as well, and we are celebrating there is a new album coming.

So, you are ready to stop caring about Jamiroquai, that's good, I don't this anybody here will miss your posts

mr.az

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 04:33    Reply with quote

funkyette wrote:

After hearing it on BBC 2, i mischievously dl it and played it while driving. I felt so proud showing off a brand new song that no one else in the area would know or have Cool

I am sure many drivers around got surprised

The song sounds weird, also very future-past
Shocked

to me is a song jamiroquai-ish and also very emotional, or just me feels after the mid of the song that jay sings more emotional??
AFO=AUTOMATON

Dani

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:35    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
SkateCowboy wrote:

You don't like it? that's OK, but what's the point on coming over with the same old story of "This is not the Jamiroquai I knew, they suck since Stu left, etc" on every album release?

We are enjoying the single, and the video as well, and we are celebrating there is a new album coming.

I agree with Javis, surely there are more respectful ways to express one's disappointment.

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 21:38    Reply with quote

Here is my take..... if it means anything. I think this is an decent track from them. I am always hoping for something warmer/natural sounding from them, but I did really like Fast Persuader and this sounds a lot like an alternate version of that to me.

I honestly think that there is a longer version of this to be released, as the version that is posted on YouTube/VEVO sounds like there are some poor transitions between the chorus/bridge.

Not bad, but I'm still waiting for a standout track.

SkateCowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 15:30    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
SkateCowboy wrote:

So, you are ready to stop caring about Jamiroquai, that's good, I don't this anybody here will miss your posts

I hear what you are saying... But:

I care about the old Jamiroquai sound... Not the new. I am here to dig into the old and see what can be found from the good old times.

I also know the new Jamiroquai listens to what the fans are saying to a certain point. Thats why I wont stop saying it. Also the old ex-members could get stoked on releasing some old style kind of music if they see how much we are missing it.

I also thought there is some people that like my posts when I put up some rare old session recordings. But maybe you are right.. I should not bother help release those anymore...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: