jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Official Cloud 9 Remix!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 07:15    Reply with quote

Official Cloud 9 Remix!
Hello!

Looks like I discovered the first OFFICIAL remix for the 2nd Automaton single, "Cloud 9" (Purple Disco Machine Remix)! So far it's available on an Asian pay download site and British Napster site, it was released on 2/24/17, I expect it will be hitting Western pay download services soon, here's some pictures of it's single art/site listing I sent out on my Instagram:

SINGLE ART:
Arrow https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ90HEkgV1V/

REMIX LISTING:
Arrow https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ90aSQAzL5/

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 08:30    Reply with quote

There's also a Fred Falke remix on the same site (in the side bar on the right).

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 22:31    Reply with quote

zeioIIDX wrote:
There's also a Fred Falke remix on the same site (in the side bar on the right).

Thanks, that remix literally popped up seconds after this first one was listed on the MNET.com site. So far, both of these Cloud 9 OFFICIAL remixes are available on a couple select 'subscription-based music streaming' services (I.E. UK Napster & Pandora). BUT, the Fred Falke Remix is NOW available in the European market for pay download on 7Digital Germany's website here:

Arrow https://de.7digital.com/artist/jamiroquai/release/cloud-9-fred-falke-remix-6206674?f=6109417

I'll report back when the other remix becomes readily available for pay download/streaming. Wink

Trolll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 22:53    Reply with quote

I *think* it was that same website that started selling White Knuckle Ride before everyone back then... and they weren't (yet) entitled to.
You might want to wait an extra couple of days and buy them from a bigger website if you want to make sure Jay cashes his share on this! Smile

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 03:41    Reply with quote

Those remixes sound good! I can't decide which one seems better. Hope they release them soon.

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 06:36    Reply with quote

As I predicted (but more of a current trend by Jamiroquai with their release schedule), both OFFICIAL Cloud 9 Remixes by Purple Disco Machine/Fred Falke are NOW available everywhere on your fav music streaming/pay download plateform as of midnight Friday March 3rd 2017! Here's a thread on r/Jamiroquai of all the updated links to hear/paydownload them:

Arrow https://www.reddit.com/r/jamiroquai/comments/5x8ma6/confirmed_cloud_9_remixes_now_up_for_streamingpay/

SkyHigh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 09:22    Reply with quote

I just purchased both remixes on iTunes and they are fantastic!

funkin
JIP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26    Reply with quote

Purple Disco Machine remix has been uploaded to the JamiroquaiVEVO channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1h2KtpB4Q

funkin
JIP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 14:39    Reply with quote

...and now a 'proper' video for the Fred Falke remix. It's interesting to know where the very 'red' bar is now.

phunkynassau

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 15:29    Reply with quote

According to a local website it's bar/restaurant Chiribus (or Chiri-Bus).

http://www.lavozdealmeria.es/Noticias/123156/5/Jamiroquai-regresa-a-Almer%C3%ADa

Curry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 06:39    Reply with quote

They both suck.

Just very underwhelming like the result you'll get when you force a square peg into a round hole.

Both just feels very forced, like "this is my image of Jamiroquai. So here!" The meaning of Cloud 9 just disappears. I just feel that any remix to a break-up song should be more edgier and harder. Guess it depends on it's composition and how it sounds.

There's a small portion of Falke's remix that I did like. It was the part during the reprise, but other than that it wavered below the bar of being impressive and a nice groove. I like that they used the footage from the bar only, but again I can't say it works too well with the lyrics since Jay and Monica break character a few times.

Purple Disco should be renamed The Drag Queen Showdown remix since that's all I can see working this version of the song. This isn't a diss against drag queens. I think they're awesome for all they do! Very Happy

msammon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 02:28    Reply with quote

i really hope this remix by fred really goes somewhere in the US. it has potential. very similar to how ellie goulding lights was slow beat like cloud 9, the remix is what ultimately got popular

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 02:48    Reply with quote

F*** remixes.

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 05:24    Reply with quote

Love the PDM remix!! love2

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 21:14    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
F*** remixes.

Very Happy Laughing spinsmile 3propeller

***STONED AGAIN***
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: