jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Bonus Single 'Nice & Spicy' on Automaton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Leroy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 15:04    Reply with quote

Bonus Single 'Nice & Spicy' on Automaton
Is this correct?

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 15:28    Reply with quote

Sort of. It is a bonus track only included (that we know of so far) in the japanese release of the album.

mr.az

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 19:35    Reply with quote

interesting Surprised
AFO=AUTOMATON

Stenoquai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 16:34    Reply with quote

Could someone, please, check the lyrics? Probably, there are some wrong words.

NICE AND SPICY

Come on, baby, let me take you dancing.
Get up, baby, you sure know what I like.
Can't you hear me? You've got extra favour.
You're nice and spicy, sure it's feeling right.

I'm sure you're wrong, they're here tonight
Lay it on me, baby, one more time.
Get my kicks, I'm feeling slick
Knowing you can never be a crime.

Can you see my face? I'm in hyperspace.
Baby, I can't get you off my brain.
Watch me now! You'll see how
Life is nice and spicy once again.

It's not a problem, you can't make me linger,
I take you driving, got you on the car.
I talked to you last week, want you to be my lady.
I got your sunshine. Might I want your star?

Can you see my face? I'm in hyperspace.
Watch me now, you'll see how...

You know my memories are hazy,
But I know you drive me crazy.
(You're nice and spicy)

Gonna help myself to fast lust,
Cause I might not get to get it twice.
(You're nice and spicy)
I've been thinking about you.
You're nice and spicy, it's true.
I've been thinking about you.
Your nice and spicy, it's true.
(You're nice and spicy)

Nice and... nice and... nice and spicy! {4 times}

(Life is nice and spicy)

Can you see my face? I'm in hyperspace,
Watch me now! You'll see how
Life is nice and spicy once again.

(Spicy!)
(Life is nice and spicy) {3 times}

https://youtu.be/SUYdepWlBhY

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 17:32    Reply with quote

Replaced Nights Out with this track. Absolutely flawless album. I get a 2003 Pharrell/Justin Timblerlake video from this song. Also, Let's Get Blown by Snoop. Sorry but I do

Zsoma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 08:07    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
Replaced Nights Out with this track. Absolutely flawless album. I get a 2003 Pharrell/Justin Timblerlake video from this song. Also, Let's Get Blown by Snoop. Sorry but I do

Thanks for reminding me how awesome Let's Get Blown is as opposed to Nice & Spicy, have to put it on repeat for all day!

funk4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 14:34    Reply with quote

I can't describe why, but this song is becoming one of my favorites of the album. I can just listen to it over and over. It has so much power.

The guitar intro reminds me a bit of the intro of "Saturday" by Norma Jean.

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 16:18    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Adidas2076 wrote:

Thanks for reminding me how awesome Let's Get Blown is as opposed to Nice & Spicy, have to put it on repeat for all day!

What is it that you don't like about N&S Zsoma?

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 16:22    Reply with quote

Yeah Zsoma, what don't you like? I bloody love this song. Waaaay better than Nights Out. I thought I was gonna get smacked around for the Snoop reference. Course Pharrell was behind the music for that anyway.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 07:52    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
Yeah Zsoma, what don't you like? I bloody love this song. Waaaay better than Nights Out. I thought I was gonna get smacked around for the Snoop reference. Course Pharrell was behind the music for that anyway.

Sorry, wrote my answer yesterday when forum logged me out and it was gone. So for me Let's Get Blown is an absolute masterpiece of the Neptunes production who were at their artistic peak between 2000 and 2007/8, Chad & P defined the sound of an era.

Now, do I think Nice & Spicy is a better track than Nights Out In Jungle? Absolutely. Does it remind me to LGB? Absolutely no. LGB is much more of a laid back, loose, feel good, effortless joint (let's say like Botita Applebaum from ATCQ) as opposed to the edgy but below par Nice & Spicy. But I'll give you this, I accept if certain elements of the song or the vibe remind you to LGB like for example some synth harmonies in Dr. Buzz in the first minute reminds me to The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker from Prince even though they are in a completely different league.

Last edited by Zsoma on Fri Apr 14, 2017 19:52; edited 1 time in total

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:46    Reply with quote

I hear the Dorothy Parker chords now!!! Awesome never would've thought that. I first heard him play that on Jay Leno back in May 2001. LOVE that track.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 14:28    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
I hear the Dorothy Parker chords now!!! Awesome never would've thought that. I first heard him play that on Jay Leno back in May 2001. LOVE that track.

Man, that jazzy rendition still gives me goosebumps, the solo he's playing on the Rhodes at the very end, the interpolations of the Madhouse track 4 (@4:13 below), Blackwell killing the drums, one of my top 5 tracks.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAxNTU2NDg0.html

Some fan trivia - this dreamy sound was coming from a console that had been incorrectly set up the night before by his sound engineer Susan Rogers, see the story below. So actually it was a mistake, an imperfection that gave this strange distorted, lo-fi vibe to the track that Prince kept at the end and that's the same sort of dreaminess I hear in Dr. Buzz!

Quote:
Prince commissioned engineer Frank De Medio to custom-build a recording console for his home studio–the same type of console that De Medio built for Sunset Sound in Los Angeles, where Prince normally recorded when he wasn’t recording at home. Long story short, De Medio was taking much longer than anticipated to complete the console and Prince, being extremely eager to record, finally issued an ultimatum that De Medio deliver the console that week. The console was delivered and installed but I hadn’t gotten the opportunity to test it properly. Tested or not, Prince was ready to record and did so, even though, as it turns out, the console wasn’t working properly. However, technical issues aside, Prince recorded the Sign O’ The Times fan favorite, “The Ballad of Dorothy Parker”. I hadn’t finished testing the audio wiring or anything; in other words I had just soldered the last connection and Prince said, “Let’s record.” He had been asleep and had this dream about a woman and a bathtub and a waitress and all that, he scribbled down all those lyrics very quickly and called it “The Ballad of Dorothy Parker.” I don’t know how aware he was of who Dorothy Parker actually was, but he knew the name, so it wasn’t the real historical Dorothy Parker; and it was inspired by Joni Mitchell, I remember him saying that. Anyway, he came running downstairs, we put in fresh tape and started recording. As always, he’s playing every instrument and I’m just panicking on the inside because something doesn’t sound right–it’s really dull, there’s no high end and I can’t wait for this song to be finished because I’ve got to check it out and see what’s going on. Of course the song is coming out really well and the whole time I’m thinking, ‘I wish he would just stop,’ (laughs) but that’s not going to happen. The whole time he hasn’t even said anything, hadn’t even commented on it and I know he hears it but he’s really happy because he likes this song. At the very end, he gave me my final instructions and he said, “There’s something about this console that doesn’t sound like the one at Sunset Sound, it’s really dull,” and then he goes upstairs and goes to bed. I’m thinking, ‘Hell yeah it’s dull, there’s no high end at all!’ (laughs) So he goes upstairs and goes to bed and then I finally had a chance to test the board and it turns out that it was working on only half the power, and one side of the bipolar supply had gone out, so it was just drawing half the current. But he conceived of the song in a dream so he didn’t mind that at all because it gave it this dreamy-like quality.

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 18:19    Reply with quote

so nice, so prince just wake up, recorded the song and sleep again Laughing
AFO=AUTOMATON

Ivy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 08:41    Reply with quote

cool connection fits so well

Hi I'm late to party Rolling Eyes Laughing Smile
And I roll out too bye have fun

SkyHigh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 21:53    Reply with quote

This song should have appeared on the album instead of "We Can Do It" Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: